THE ORAL GLUTATHIONE THREAD
Page 1 of 142 1 2 11 Last

Thread: THE ORAL GLUTATHIONE THREAD

  1. #1

    THE ORAL GLUTATHIONE THREAD

    Hello everyone. There is already a glutathione thread on here but I haven't found one that Is updated and detailed and is dedicated only to oral glutathione. The reason why I've started this thread is because oral glutathione is a bit controversial. There have been studies that claim that it does not work at all while others claim that it does. I've even read somewhere that it's actually the vitamin C that is doing all the lightening and not the glutathione at all. I personal believe that the glutathione helps but it takes a much longer time to work, and even longer time to see results. I am a very patient lightened and I usually give a product at least three months before I decide whether it works or not and from the results I got I believe that oral glutathione works! Some people even swear by it so let's just put it to the test and lay the rumors to rest. I will share my experience with oral glutathione and I encourage everyone else to do the same. So I have been taking glutathione capsules religiously for over six months and I have to say that it has definitely worked for me. At first I started off with one 500mg capsule a day alone with one 1000mg vitamins C. I felt like there was results but nothing much to talk about so after two months, I doubled my dosage to 1000mg of gluta with 2000mg of vitamin C. After a couple months, I noticed that my nipples got really light. Right now they're almost pink. My lips got considerably lighter. I don't use anything to lighten my lips at all so I would say that it is definitely the gluta. Also I used to suffer from break outs (adult acne) and terribly oily skin. My face is now baby smooth and no break outs. I can literally go without makeup and I look younger than I've looked in years. I'm two months shy of turning 36 and I look at least ten years younger. I am seriously considering to increase my does because of the results I've gotten. I may post an unfiltered photo of my bare makeup free face later. Please post your experience. And please answer the following questions: What brand of oral glutathione have you been using? Are you using it with vitamin C or by itself? What is your dosage? How many are you taking a day? Have you gotten results? If yes please give details. If not please be detailed. Tell us how long you have been taking it and what you've been taking it with? Will you recommend oral glutathione as part of a skin lightening regime? **Please no mention of glutathione IV. I want to keep this thread specifically for oral glutathione use only.Please don't ignore! ** Any contribution at all will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Thanks for starting this thread on oral gluta. I recently added jarrows gluta vits 1000mg about 3 weeks ago. I've been on vitamin c orally for 3 years, and i added gluta to see what results i would gain from both. Its too early to tell if gluta works or not. I'll be following this thread closely.

  4. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by SwissBabe View Post
    Thanks for starting this thread on oral gluta. I recently added jarrows gluta vits 1000mg about 3 weeks ago. I've been on vitamin c orally for 3 years, and i added gluta to see what results i would gain from both. Its too early to tell if gluta works or not. I'll be following this thread closely.
    Hey, So you've been on vitamin C for three years. Can you be a little more detailed. Were you consistent? Or did you take them on and off. Did you take it every single day? How many a day did you take. Has vitamin C lighten you at all? Also please keep me posted with your oral glathione intake. I am looking foward to when you share your results with us

  5. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    I want to start using it as well! what brand are you using and where to purchase ?
    Banish bad skin days for good!

  7. #5
    I have been consistent with my vitamin c intake. I take 1000mg once a day, anything more than that gives me headache. I use topical lighteners, too. I went on vacation last month, i stopped taking them consistently, and realised my face getting dull, so i went back at it. Asides from that, i've been very consistent. The glow is to die for. I've been a member of SCT since 2012, so i use some of the most popular products raved on here. Therefore, its hard to tell where the glow comes from, if that makes sense.

  8. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by SwissBabe View Post
    I have been consistent with my vitamin c intake. I take 1000mg once a day, anything more than that gives me headache. I use topical lighteners, too. I went on vacation last month, i stopped taking them consistently, and realised my face getting dull, so i went back at it. Asides from that, i've been very consistent. The glow is to die for. I've been a member of SCT since 2012, so i use some of the most popular products raved on here. Therefore, its hard to tell where the glow comes from, if that makes sense.
    Thanks a lot for the info. I'm doing my own research in this. I've asked my sisters to go on at least 2000mg vitamin C a day because I want to see if one can lighten with vitamin C alone. Unfortunately they are not consistent so they are not very reliable. They did report a glow from taking the vit C but no lightening of course since they haven't been taking it long enough and are not consistent. Which is why I've decided to start this thread. I really hope that more people contribute as this means a lot to me.

  9. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by ketsia View Post
    I want to start using it as well! what brand are you using and where to purchase ?
    I am using jarrows. It's affordable and not so expensive to ship to my country. I get most of my stuff from Amazon.

  10. #8
    OMG I love this thread.. I started taking jarrow reduced glutathione a month ago and I plan on taking it for a year consistently to see its result..so far, my skin is super smooth and glowy. My mum,friends, evern bf compliments my skin alot..but I can't really say if it's the glutathione or vitamin C or G&G that's making me shine. Guess i'll know with time becos i'll soon stop using G&G.

  11. #9
    Hey @3shadeslighter thanks for starting this thread once again. When I first joined this forum I spent a lot of time reading the supplement thread; very long but worth it. I gave Glutathione a try. I got the Jarrow formula reduced Gluta and took it with Source Naturale Vit. C crystal. Took one capsule AM&PM and half a teaspoon of Vit C crystal, mixed in my freshly squeezed orange juice. Idid this. For a month. I can totally say Gluta works when taken orally. I had my best skin. While on both and at that time I was using. Just 17% LA lotion and Kojie San. When i ran out of my supps I got lazy and lost the glow and droped a shade or two. Am planning on starting up again and would try and be consistent for 6months straight. I've been on GnG for a while now and gotten good results, I think I'd know when I start up if its the GnG or the. Supps doing the work Just to add that I started taking Vit C again 3weeks ago; I got the Holland&Barret Vit C tablets and am not totally impressed with what I feel. I feel Vit C crystals works better than tablets; I was told this but didn't really buy it but. Now I. Think its. True. This is why, when I was taking SN Vit C crystals, it kept the flu away, not even a sneeze, nothing @ all cos I get them real quick and easy but with the H&B its like nothing. Maybe the tablets works slow I don't know, but am def going back to my crystal when I place my order for the Glut. The problem I have with the. Crystal is knowing how many mg to take or if am taking enough.

  12. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by cocobaby View Post
    OMG I love this thread.. I started taking jarrow reduced glutathione a month ago and I plan on taking it for a year consistently to see its result..so far, my skin is super smooth and glowy. My mum,friends, evern bf compliments my skin alot..but I can't really say if it's the glutathione or vitamin C or G&G that's making me shine. Guess i'll know with time becos i'll soon stop using G&G.
    Please don't forget to leave updates on this thread. I will appreciate that very much.

  13. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •