LA/GA Combo Peel
Page 1 of 5 1 2 Last

Thread: LA/GA Combo Peel

  1. #1

    LA/GA Combo Peel

    Hi! Has anyone one everyone done a glyco-lactic combo peel before and have any suggestion on where to a get a good product? I'm looking for a combo because they both offer separately what I'm looking for. Fine lines, black heads, milia, rosacea, sun damage and uneven skin tone. I have done a Jessners before but didn't really see any benefits from it and the TCA kinda scares me. Lol Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Administrator gymrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Where The Sun Shines
    Posts
    33,359
    I have never done a combo Glycolic/Lactic peel. I would by far recommend purchasing from MUAC. By far the best place I have purchased peels from. They are a great company, have outstanding customer service and shipping is quick. PLUS they always offer a 25% discount code. Be careful which you choose being you have rosacea. Read the detailed info on their site. And ask all the questions you need too. Don't be afraid of TCAs.........they are not bad when applied correctly. But do start lower strength peels and build your way up too a TCA http://www.makeupartistschoice.com/At-Home-Chemical-Peels_c_53.html Discount Code info http://www.makeupartistschoice.com/25-Off_ep_45.html
    -Our attitude toward life determines life's attitude towards us-

  4. #3
    Thank you gymrat for the info! I will definitely look at MUAC's products and thank you so much for the coupon link!! Any savings is a plus for me. How long would you suggest using the lower strength peels before moving to a TCA and what strength would you suggest to start with? I use Finacea would I need to stop using that before or after any of these peels?

  5. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Administrator gymrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Where The Sun Shines
    Posts
    33,359
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsBurney2015 View Post
    Thank you gymrat for the info! I will definitely look at MUAC's products and thank you so much for the coupon link!! Any savings is a plus for me. How long would you suggest using the lower strength peels before moving to a TCA and what strength would you suggest to start with? I use Finacea would I need to stop using that before or after any of these peels?
    Of course your very welcome. Also, their sample sizes are generous. You can easily get a few peels out of a sample size. I apply all my peels with a foundation brush. That way I don't waste any product. I did in and apply rather than soaking a cotton ball etc. The brush makes for much easier application. You can use a fan brush as well. You would want to stop using Finacea 1-2 days prior to doing your peel. Its a great product to prep your skin with though leading up to your peel. I personally prime with Retin A and use it up to the night before doing a peel. I don't recommend it for you being it's your first time but for myself, I find I get better results/peeling when using up too the day I apply. But for the majority, they recommend stopping of any AHA/BHA, Retin A, Finacea, etc 1-2 days prior too and then don't use it again until your face done peeling and healed back to its natural state. I know you mentioned wanting to use GA/LA but do take a look at Mandalic/SA peel. I use Manadalic Acid often, its a great peel and has many great benefits. It's mild and can be use weekly or bi weekly. But for what you are wanting to address, I think Mandalic/SA is a great option as well. http://www.makeupartistschoice.com/MandelicSalicylic-Peel_p_131.html
    -Our attitude toward life determines life's attitude towards us-

  7. #5
    Hi Gymrat I was looking at their sample sizes and was worndering if that was the route I should go with to see how my face reacts to their product so that's good to know they are good sizes. I will definitely stop my finacea 2 days before just to be on the safe side! I am open to any suggestions. I actually was interested in the GA/LA because they both seemed to have what I need help with. But I most definitely would be interested in something else that is similar. I will look into the Mandalic/SA combo. Thanks for the link! Thanks again for all your suggestions/advice!!

  8. #6
    @gymrat I finally did the Mandalic/SA peel from MUAC. It stung a little bit, but not to bad, left on for 5 mins. My face ended up looking like I had a sun burn with 2 deeper red spots right under my eyes, by my nose, should I avoid that area or is it doing something good?!? :/ about an hour has passed and I have a few more red spots. I'm just surprised bc most I've read on this peel is it is very light. I even stopped my RA 3 days before. I'm hoping its just clearing up some bad spots!! :-):-)

    Finished up with some Neosporin on the red spots and a combo of emu/vit e oil.

    If my skin is ready by next week can I route this peel weekly with the 25% Mandalic peel? Or just stick with one until the bottle gone? TIA

  9. #7
    Administrator gymrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Where The Sun Shines
    Posts
    33,359
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsBurney2015 View Post
    @gymrat I finally did the Mandalic/SA peel from MUAC. It stung a little bit, but not to bad, left on for 5 mins. My face ended up looking like I had a sun burn with 2 deeper red spots right under my eyes, by my nose, should I avoid that area or is it doing something good?!? :/ about an hour has passed and I have a few more red spots. I'm just surprised bc most I've read on this peel is it is very light. I even stopped my RA 3 days before. I'm hoping its just clearing up some bad spots!! :-):-)

    Finished up with some Neosporin on the red spots and a combo of emu/vit e oil.

    If my skin is ready by next week can I route this peel weekly with the 25% Mandalic peel? Or just stick with one until the bottle gone? TIA
    @MrsBurney2015, I would keep neosporin on the areas that are red or irritated, its completely normal for your face to look a bit sunburnt after a peel. By morning your face should look much better, not to worry. But do keep neosporin on any areas that continue to stay red. With this peel you are fine using it weekly leaving it on 3-5 mins, then rinsing with soap and water. You can alternate this peel with your Mandalic if you want too, use one every other, and the other every other. Thats totally fine. SA can be harsh for some, you will know if you like it after you use it a few times. Let me know how your skin looks in a few days. Keep it moisturized as SA can be drying but if your trying to clear up some acne/spots you want it to dry up a bit.

    Not to worry, all sounds normal
    -Our attitude toward life determines life's attitude towards us-

  10. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by gymrat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsBurney2015 View Post
    @gymrat I finally did the Mandalic/SA peel from MUAC. It stung a little bit, but not to bad, left on for 5 mins. My face ended up looking like I had a sun burn with 2 deeper red spots right under my eyes, by my nose, should I avoid that area or is it doing something good?!? :/ about an hour has passed and I have a few more red spots. I'm just surprised bc most I've read on this peel is it is very light. I even stopped my RA 3 days before. I'm hoping its just clearing up some bad spots!! :-):-)

    Finished up with some Neosporin on the red spots and a combo of emu/vit e oil.

    If my skin is ready by next week can I route this peel weekly with the 25% Mandalic peel? Or just stick with one until the bottle gone? TIA
    @MrsBurney2015, I would keep neosporin on the areas that are red or irritated, its completely normal for your face to look a bit sunburnt after a peel. By morning your face should look much better, not to worry. But do keep neosporin on any areas that continue to stay red. With this peel you are fine using it weekly leaving it on 3-5 mins, then rinsing with soap and water. You can alternate this peel with your Mandalic if you want too, use one every other, and the other every other. Thats totally fine. SA can be harsh for some, you will know if you like it after you use it a few times. Let me know how your skin looks in a few days. Keep it moisturized as SA can be drying but if your trying to clear up some acne/spots you want it to dry up a bit.

    Not to worry, all sounds normal
    @gymrat, glad to hear everything happening is normal with this peel, most of the redness is already red gone. woohoo!! I will keep my face moisturized as I dont typically get acne. My issues that I am trying to deal with are mila, some age spots, uneven skin tone, eyes (my nemesis area, wrinkles, mila, puffy/dark bags) and forehead wrinkles. :-( I would say my skin is normally dry but my nose can get oily, really the only place on my face that gets oily.

  11. #9
    @gymrat Hello, sorry I am hitting you up so much, I am just excited to be back in the game and want to use all the stuff I bought be for they all go bad. So I have a question, I tried to find an answer but didn't really find what I was looking for, or I was search wrong. Is there a way that I can use the rest of my 20% GA/40% LA combo peel and make a night time serum with it? It has other ingredients, Kojic Acid, Bearberry, Mulberry, Licorice, Vit C and Vit A. I am trying to replicate something similar (not exact) to the Drunk Elaphants T.L.C. Glycolic 12% Night Serum and to just use what I have on hand, I know it wont be the exact same. But just trying to find a fun way to use the rest of this peel. Let me know what you think/if it can be done, if you can help me put something together or point me to the right person to ask would be greatly appreciated. If you think we can give it a go I will let you know what I have on hand to maybe mix it with. TIA :-)

  12. #10
    Hi @gymrat I found something I wanted your thoughts/opinions on regarding my above post.
    Age Defiance Serum

    Makes 100ml (3.3oz) and keeps for up to a year Suitable for dry to normal skin

    · 30grams (30%) Apricot Kernel Oil or Jojoba/Emu mix??(6 teaspoons) I don’t have an Apricot Kernel Oil
    · 25grams (25%) Rosehip Seed Oil (5 teaspoons)
    · 20grams (20%) Evening Primrose Oil (4 teaspoons)
    · 15grams (15%) Macadamia Nut Oil or Avocado (3 teaspoons) I don’t have Macadamia Nut Oil
    · 10 grams (10%) (2 teaspoons) Vitamin E Oil (2 teaspoons)
    · 5 drops Rosemary Antioxidant CO2 Extract – Can I use SKB here instead as I don’t need to preserve due to the GA/LA. I have this so just want to use it up.
    · 12 drops Essential Oils – Can I use Green Tea Extract here instead? Again, I have it so just looking to use it somewhere.
    · Add GA/LA acid - Soooo if this would all work together can you help me figure out how much I will need for a 12% (this would be replacing my every other night Finacea cream).

    This is for a 100ml bottle (3.3oz), but I was thinking of trying this out in a smaller bottle maybe a 30ml (1oz) to try it out first. (Would need help with that calculation, sorry I am horrible with math)Let me know your thoughts/feedback and/or tell me if I'm crazy!! lol Not even sure if this stuff can be mixed with the GA/LA acids but thought i'd ask. Thanks again as always for your help and feedback!

  13. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •