Gym for Beginners I need help!

Thread: Gym for Beginners I need help!

Gym for Beginners I need help!

I've always been pretty much petite my whole life and people always said I had a nice shape. But as you get older your metabolism slows down and let's just say the junk food is catching up with me. I go to the gym twice a week for an hour. Within the hours I'm on various machines. I'm trying to obtain an flat stomach with hard abs. Which machine is best? I use the abdominal machine, leg press, row, elliptical and bicycling. I usually stay on the elliptical and bicycle for 20 minutes. I know everyone is different and can handle what they can handle. I also know the food I consume contributes more to my belly fat. I plan on slowly but surely cutting out sugar. I'm addicted to sugar though.
    Never made it as a wise man
    I couldn't cut it as a poor man stealing
    Tired of living like a blind man
    I'm sick of sight without a sense of feeling

2. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

It's very difficult to spot reduce fat in one specific place without affecting another. Look into doing fat burning workouts. Cardio is great. Try the elliptical and have fun with crunches. One important thing to keep in mind is that exercise is useless with poor diet. Cut/ reduce the sugar, salts, processed foods, etc. Drink more water & eat more lean meats, veggies, and SOME fruits. (many fruits carry a lot of natural sugar) Good luck!

If u eat healthy and include plenty of protein into your diet, your gym would be doing wonders for you. Unfortunately, i'm not practising what I preach at the moment, so i'm seeing extras everywhere

5. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

To ween off of sugar, do it slowly. If you drink soda every day, switch to something like vitamin water or Gatorade, then cut it with water, then water alone. Steady consistency will get you there. As long as you don't have have thyroid/ health problems, diet is the key to the body you describe. I hope this helps some.
    ~ The grass is greenest where you water it ~

For flat abs, I prefer calisthenics to machines. You can do planks. Work up to 10 seconds, 30 seconds, then one minute, and eventually two. Form is very important in planks. You can also lie flat on your back, raise both legs up in the air, and lower in thirds, trying to hold for ten seconds at each third. The final third should be one inch off the ground. Rest, then do thirds for ten seconds from the ground up to your starting point. http://www.eightsandweights.com/2012...aises.html?m=1 Lying down bicycles are also good. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vPKXFarXbys
    ~ The grass is greenest where you water it ~

Thank you all for the tips. I've been trying to drink more water with lemon and less meat.
    Never made it as a wise man
    I couldn't cut it as a poor man stealing
    Tired of living like a blind man
    I'm sick of sight without a sense of feeling

9. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements