SkinCare Talk Platform Upgrade
Page 1 of 7 1 2 Last

Thread: SkinCare Talk Platform Upgrade

SkinCare Talk Platform Upgrade

After several years on the Huddler platform, SCT has decided to go back to our original platform. For those who have been members for awhile you will feel back at home. For those who are new in the last 3 years, you may need some guidance. The overall look and feel will be the same. The core functionality will be very similar to how it is now. If you have trouble of any kind, I am here to walk you through it all. The first phase will happen within the next few weeks. This will consist of moving the forum over and all its content. We should not have any interruption whatsoever. We will wake up to a new platform, and you will login like you always have in the past. Please don’t be afraid to ask your questions in this thread. You may also send me a PM at any time!! So many members really enjoyed the previous platform, so I am sure the rest of you will as well. Its very easy to maneuver. If you are wondering what a "platform" is, its the engine behind the forum. It controls the layout and design. Its a much needed piece, without it, we would not be able to function. I will keep you all posted as we get closer!! Until then, wear sunscreen , and enjoy your week!!
    -Our attitude toward life determines life's attitude towards us-

2. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

Beauties are fair and slim.

Yayyy!!! I loved the old format Gymmie!! It was easy on the eyes and encouraged me to post. Perhaps I'll join in more often now

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Quote Originally Posted by TRIUMPH View Post
    We're not leaving, just making some system changes. It's all for the better Triumph. Change is good, it keeps our mind fresh I will be here to help you in any way that I can, you know that!! Just remember it will still be the same people, just a different operating system!!
    Quote Originally Posted by LightenNLift View Post
    Yayyy!!! I loved the old format Gymmie!! It was easy on the eyes and encouraged me to post. Perhaps I'll join in more often now
    Awwhh Light, I knew you would be happy to hear this. And you are right the original platform was a favorite for many. Of course by now there will have been some changes to it, as a few years have gone by. You know technology, its always improving. Great to see you, hope you post more often now I'll keep you guys posted as we get closer with the switch of things. I put this on the homepage in hopes most will see it and not wonder what has happened around here.

Hopefully it will still be user friendly....im not that good technology wise

@ gymmie, changing from a platform 2 another platform is fine if the admin feel is d best bt my question is during the transformation, I hope is not gonna affect some members account.

Quote Originally Posted by Casperskitten View Post
    Hopefully it will still be user friendly....im not that good technology wise
    Its very user friendly. No worries about being tech savy, you will have no problem adjusting to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dinah white View Post
    @ gymmie, changing from a platform 2 another platform is fine if the admin feel is d best bt my question is during the transformation, I hope is not gonna affect some members account.
    Dinah your account will remain the same. Nothing will change in that regards. Once we have switched over you may be prompted to change your password, this is for security purposes. I will know more about this as we get closer to the conversion. Do not worry about your account though, everything will work the same as it does now.

Thank you and looking forward to the new platform. Wishing you success in achieving this new and better platform.

Guys as we gear up to make our transition, I don't want you to panic if you aren't able to log in..........have faith we will get through this as quick as we can. I want you ALL to be taking notes so you can catch up on your challenge threads........do not let this little interruption be an excuse break out the pen and paper and write it out so you can update us all once we are back and running There usually will be a day or so where you will not be able to log in. You should see a note stating the forum is down for maintenance. If this happens, continue checking every so often until you can log back in. You will be able to still use the same password, etc. The only difference will be there will be a new screen. Immediately, the only thing we will have up and running are the forums. The rest, recipes, articles, etc will soon follow. Do not forget we do have a Facebook page, you can always continue posting on if you need too!! Once the transition is made, if you have any problems or concerns, feel free to contact me through the feedback form. I will help walk you through any issue you may be facing. Thank you ALL for being patient, this new look will give us something to look forward too!! Rememeber, CHANGE IS GOOD It keeps us on our toes. @Utopianbeauty @virginskin1 @New York

Quote Originally Posted by gymrat View Post
    Guys as we gear up to make our transition, I don't want you to panic if you aren't able to log in..........have faith we will get through this as quick as we can. I want you ALL to be taking notes so you can catch up on your challenge threads........do not let this little interruption be an excuse break out the pen and paper and write it out so you can update us all once we are back and running There usually will be a day or so where you will not be able to log in. You should see a note stating the forum is down for maintenance. If this happens, continue checking every so often until you can log back in. You will be able to still use the same password, etc. The only difference will be there will be a new screen. Immediately, the only thing we will have up and running are the forums. The rest, recipes, articles, etc will soon follow. Do not forget we do have a Facebook page, you can always continue posting on if you need too!! Once the transition is made, if you have any problems or concerns, feel free to contact me through the feedback form. I will help walk you through any issue you may be facing. Thank you ALL for being patient, this new look will give us something to look forward too!! Rememeber, CHANGE IS GOOD It keeps us on our toes. @Utopianbeauty @virginskin1 @New York
    There is a FB page?! runs off to check. I don't even remember my password @gymrat
    It's go hard or go home time so I will see u on the lighter side

12. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements