Skin Care Talk banner

Green (GPO) and Yellow (YPO) Peeling Oils for Beginners

235K views 434 replies 53 participants last post by  Regrett 
#1 · (Edited)
Before I purchased green peeling oil and yellow peeling oil, I did a few weeks of research to learn about the product. I've gathered all of my notes and am sharing them with my SCT family. If you have additional information, please post it and add to the pot. There are threads about the peeling oils and there's information all over the 'net, but no one place has it for beginners to be able to follow easily.

As far as I know, there are 4 kinds of peeling oils: Green, Yellow, Pink and Blue
There may be others. In fact, I know there are others but since I'm only well versed in the Green and Yellow, I'll concentrate on those two.
The oils are formulated in the Philippines, and sold via the Internet on select web sites and on eBay. Make sure you check the sellers reputation on eBay or search SCT for names of reputable sellers.

Bottle Product Glass bottle Liquid Drink

Green Peeling Oil (GPO)
- Ingredients: Herbs & Extracts, Glycol, Retinol, Tretinoin and Vitamin C/Ascorbic Acid & Peppermint
- Usage: Can apply again once skin is completely healed.
- Peeling is light to medium, depending on how many layers you apply and the thickness of the skin area
- Green color may vary from light pale green to deep green.

GPO "tingles" due to the peppermint ingredient. You should have a hydrocortisone cream on hand in the event of burning or itching.
If you feel like you are having a bad reaction to the peeling oil. Do not continue to apply it.

Yellow Peeling Oil (YPO)
- Ingredients: Glycolic Acid, Lactic Acid, Tretinoin Double, Salicylic Acid
- Usage: Can repeat peel after 3 to 4 weeks (or use 3%YPO for maintenance)
- 3% Yellow Peeling Oil is a moderate peel (best for sensitive skin)
- 5% Yellow Peeling Oil is a light to medium peel
- 10% Yellow Peeling Oil is a medium peel (good for most body parts)
- 20% Yellow Peeling Oil is a heavy peel (not recommended for face; best for feet, knees, knuckles and elbows)
- For maintenance, you can use the 3% or 5% YPO. (not required)
- Yellow color may vary from light pale yellow to deep yellow.

Yellow peeling oil is a mostly uneventful peel. You may feel itching depending on the strength you are using.
Hydrocortisone cream for discomfort, or discontinue the applications if you have a bad reaction to it.

========================================================================

Applying the Peeling Oils
There is variance in the instructions, however the most popular application method is "3x3" or 3 times a day for 3 days.
You can use your hands or fingers, or for larger areas you can pour a small amount of oil into a bowl and use a small brush to apply it.

1. Wash the area with a mild soap. Do not scrub.
2. Apply the oil.
3. Wait 15-20 minutes and apply again.
4. Wait 15-20 minutes and apply again.

You'll do steps 2, 3, and 4 for three days in a row. Preferably at night.
GPO users, You can wash the area with cool/warm water and mild soap as needed but for best results try to forego it.
YPO users, You can wash the area with cool/warm water and mild soap on the 4th day. Do not wash the area during the application days.
Do not use exfoliation or lightening soaps.

What to Expect
- depending on the area, skin may begin to peel as early as the 2nd day of application
- tightness in and around the area where you applied the peeling oil
- area may itch or appear slightly red
- just before peeling begins you will notice that the area becomes darker than normal
- skin may appear wrinkled like elephant's skin

Waiting to Peel and When Peeling Starts
- Use only mild soap to cleanse the area. Pat dry. Do not scrub or use any manual exfoliation.
- Use a light cream or oil to moisturize or relieve tightness. Heavy oils or creams will interrupt the peeling process.
- Keep the application area completely away from the sun. Use sunscreen at all times.
- Dont put makeup, powders, or perfumes on the application area.
- Dont force peeling. Don't pick at, scratch, or pull off the skin.

When Peeling is Done
- GPO users, wait at least 7 days before resuming normal care of the area or until it is completely healed.
- YPO users, Wait at least 3-5 days before resuming normal care of the area. Use your best judgement.
- Be careful with sharp objects. New skin is very sensitive.
- Keep the area moisturized but not over saturated.

What Happens if I Dont Peel?
There are a number of scenarios that could interrupt your peeling.

Dehydration: Most seller instructions advise that you drink plenty of water.
Peel not strong enough: If GPO did not work for you, try the YPO. If you used YPO, make sure you used the appropriate solution.
Oversaturated skin: Heavy oils and creams, and some moisturizing soaps will stop the peeling process. Wash the area thoroughly with mild soap, and the peeling process should start again.

If your skin did not peel at all, you can start a new application whenever you're ready.

See less See more
#418 ·
If the directions that came with your peeling solution say not to shower or use soap until after you've done your 3 days, then don't.

The standard application is apply, wait 15 mins and apply again, then wait 15 minutes and apply again. Do this every day for 3 days...

Also, the 20% is going to be strong do the inner part of your arm where it creases. DO NOT put any application there.

#419 ·
Help !!!!!..i just did the YPO on my face today is the 5th day..i started peeling on the 2nd day actually but now my skin looks very dry and scaly...it hurts to even open my mouth to eat because of the tightness also..i followed the sellers instruction...but i think i followed it too much my not using any lotion on my face for the 3 days..please what can i do?

#422 ·
I need guidance on what to do in order to speed up the peeling process on the sides of my face.
A month ago, I did a lactic acid 50% peeling oil treatment on my face for 1minute before washing it off because it immediately aggravated the festoons and upper eyelids. Thankfully, no PIH. But ,because the eye areas are so thin, the skin started peeling pretty quickly while the rest of the face took an extra week before it showed any sign or peeling/flaking.
2 weeks ago, I did a x2/day YPO treatment for 3 days on my entire body, face included, because they're generally much lighter than lactic acid 50% and it makes my skin glow. It worked out very well but it still wasn't enough to get the sides of my face and forehead to significantly peel.

My options now are:
a) doing another 3 day YPO treatment on the sides of my face and hope for the best. ( this might not be strong enough)

b) do a 50% lactic acid peel on the sides of my face. ( this is a burn risk because I would need it to set on my face ,for at least 2 minutes, which might not be possible due to skin sensativity.

c) do 1 day YPO(10min), next day lactic acid 50%(30secs to 1 minute) , following day YPO(10mins). (sounds crazy but I've done this before to get rid of some lite lactic acid and kojic acid burns on my chest/stomach back in December). Of course, I would cut the times down depending on how my skin feels. However, lactic acid still has that burn risk.

d) take time and exfoliate with only kojic acid soap and Retin A ( I know this will work ,but it will be slow; like another month)

e) wait another month before I apply anymore acids to my face.

Am I missing any other options? At this point, I'm leaning more towards option (c) because it has the potential to get me the fastest and most effective results.

Parts of my facial sides have peeled in patches. The highlighted area will be very sensitive to any acid I put on it. Its not sensitive now because I use hydrocortisone and antibiotic ointments(neosporin); but even kojic acid causes it to flare up.

#423 ·
I need guidance on what to do in order to speed up the peeling process on the sides of my face.
A month ago, I did a lactic acid 50% peeling oil treatment on my face for 1minute before washing it off because it immediately aggravated the festoons and upper eyelids. Thankfully, no PIH. But ,because the eye areas are so thin, the skin started peeling pretty quickly while the rest of the face took an extra week before it showed any sign or peeling/flaking.
2 weeks ago, I did a x2/day YPO treatment for 3 days on my entire body, face included, because they're generally much lighter than lactic acid 50% and it makes my skin glow. It worked out very well but it still wasn't enough to get the sides of my face and forehead to significantly peel.

My options now are:
a) doing another 3 day YPO treatment on the sides of my face and hope for the best. ( this might not be strong enough)

b) do a 50% lactic acid peel on the sides of my face. ( this is a burn risk because I would need it to set on my face ,for at least 2 minutes, which might not be possible due to skin sensativity.

c) do 1 day YPO(10min), next day lactic acid 50%(30secs to 1 minute) , following day YPO(10mins). (sounds crazy but I've done this before to get rid of some lite lactic acid and kojic acid burns on my chest/stomach back in December). Of course, I would cut the times down depending on how my skin feels. However, lactic acid still has that burn risk.

d) take time and exfoliate with only kojic acid soap and Retin A ( I know this will work ,but it will be slow; like another month)

e) wait another month before I apply anymore acids to my face.

Am I missing any other options? At this point, I'm leaning more towards option (c) because it has the potential to get me the fastest and most effective results.

Parts of my facial sides have peeled in patches. The highlighted area will be very sensitive to any acid I put on it. Its not sensitive now because I use hydrocortisone and antibiotic ointments(neosporin); but even kojic acid causes it to flare up.
@tartryer I would go with e) wait another month before applying anymore acids.

#425 ·
Regarding peeling oils would you guys say YPO was better than green ? I had such a regressive experience a year ago with green oil it peeled a lovely even shade then went dark! Before then returning back to my original colour… not to mention it was super sensitive so bathing was fun after it peeled 😭

#435 ·
1. Wash the area with a mild soap. Do not scrub.
2. Apply the oil.
3. Wait 15-20 minutes and apply again.
4. Wait 15-20 minutes and apply again.
Does that mean i apply the oil x3 a day 15-20mins after each application with no washing at all? OR i apply 1st application then wait 15-20mins then wash off then apply second layer leave on for 15-20mins then wash off and apply 3rd layer leave on for 15-20mins?