Depression - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 First 2 3

Thread: Depression

Quote Originally Posted by Kat585 View Post
    I think I'm a little depressed. I don't want to be in a relationship so does that make me depressed? I just have zero interest in men.
    I agree with Gymmie. It's not depression unless it affects you socially and occupationally... with around 5 of other symptoms you need to exhibit over two weeks.
    You're lack of interest in men... has this been going on long or is it temporary? And no... it doesn't make you strange... there a very many reasons for that and if you're happy, that's just fine too!

2. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffington View Post
    I agree with Gymmie. It's not depression unless it affects you socially and occupationally... with around 5 of other symptoms you need to exhibit over two weeks.
    You're lack of interest in men... has this been going on long or is it temporary? And no... it doesn't make you strange... there a very many reasons for that and if you're happy, that's just fine too!
    Ever since I got out of my last relationship I have had no interest in men. It might stem from the fact that the last guy I was with was not enjoyable to be with and I've forgotten that it can be enjoyable to be with a man. I kind of give up.

Ever since I got out of my last relationship I have had no interest in men. It might stem from the fact that the last guy I was with was not enjoyable to be with and I've forgotten that it can be enjoyable to be with a man. I kind of give up.
    Sounds like he wasn't the right fit. It's perfectly fine to take the time out, discover yourself, get into other things you enjoy etc. Never give up because of one relationship though... it could have been a compatibility issue. But also, don't feel like it's necessary to be in another relationship anytime soon either. Take your time with it... but don't close off completely... you never know what life will throw your way.

I wondered if that made me strange but I guess it's normal and other than that I feel happy!
    Nope, not strange at all. I actually think its awesome!! Take time to do what makes you happy and if that means being relationship FREE then so be it . Besides, you've got us and were better then any male/female relationship we won't ever let you down!!
    -Our attitude toward life determines life's attitude towards us-

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffington View Post
    Sounds like he wasn't the right fit. It's perfectly fine to take the time out, discover yourself, get into other things you enjoy etc. Never give up because of one relationship though... it could have been a compatibility issue. But also, don't feel like it's necessary to be in another relationship anytime soon either. Take your time with it... but don't close off completely... you never know what life will throw your way.
    Yep I agree,^^

I also think once one door closes another opens, so don't focus so much on the one that closed that you miss the one that opens!!

Quote Originally Posted by gymrat View Post
    Yep I agree,^^

I also think once one door closes another opens, so don't focus so much on the one that closed that you miss the one that opens!!
    That's very true!

I'm so sorry anyone has to suffer from depression, I also been suffering from depression since 1996. I do take medicine which helps me a lot. I found walking helps a lot. Any form of exercise is great. Just being out in sunlight also helps alot. If anyone ever needs to chat I'm here, because being able to talk is the best at helping one feel better at times.

Quote Originally Posted by gymrat View Post
    @bronzedoll........hello my love, long time no see

You know you can ALWAYS count on us here on SCT. Regardless of the situation we are here to help you!!

Bronzedoll, so many struggle with depression, so please don't think you are the only one. One thing that truly helps when you are down in the dumps is to take some time for yourself, write down everything that is bringing you down. Put your feelings on paper, you don't need to confide in your friends, or family, just sit down and write a letter, get things off your chest. Address the letter to whomever you wish too........when you are done, put it in a safe place. Re read it the next day, if you need to add more, do so.

Once you have gotten everything off of your chest, put that note in a balloon, and LET IT GO!! Getting your feelings off of your chest will relieve you so much!! There's a quote from Robbin Williams, that I read YEARS ago, it is one that really hit home with me, it goes like this........

I used to think the worst thing in life, was to end up all alone, its not.
    The worst thing in life is to end up with people that make you feel alone.

Bronzedoll, surround yourself with positive people, the worst thing you can do, is allow yourself to be around toxic people. Whether they are your friends or your family. Detached yourself from those type. Good things happen when you distance yourself from negative people. Life is too short to spend time with people who suck the happiness out of you.

You can't change the people around you, but you can change the people you choose to be around!!

Write your letter this weekend, and LET IT GO!!

Remember to always be true to yourself Bronzedoll
    I'm at a point in my life where I needed to see this...thanks @gymrat

Quote Originally Posted by GlowyGoddess002 View Post
    I'm at a point in my life where I needed to see this...thanks @gymrat
    Awwhh I'm so glad you stumbled upon it @GlowyGoddess002 . Life will always have its ups and downs. So when they're down times we need to know a way to bring them back up, and most times it something in our own control, like removing that toxic person we allow back in. Remove them and know that its ok too!!

I'm here for you anytime

11. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements