Depression
Page 1 of 3 1 2 Last

Thread: Depression

Depression

I have no where else to turn to so I thought I'd share my thoughts here. I notice for a quite a number of years I suffer from depression. It seems as though when I get into a relationship with someone is where it peaks, I recently ended my long distance relationship with someone I've gotten close to. Mainly it was my fault but he's going through his own stress and says he needs time. He's sort of the reason why I'm hurting although I know I'm the one who decided to end it because of my trust issues yet I still want to be with him? I dunno what's wrong with me..usually I'm able to cope with my stress but lately I've been feeling the need to end things. I've tried focusing on my school work, but certain classes stress me, work is stressful I feel as though I have no scape goat. I go to the gym when I can to burn off some steam. Still I can't help but focus on all the negative things in my life. My friends seem selfish I really don't want to tell them what's going on because I can never keep a relationship, I'm quite embarrassed. I have a psychiatrist but due to me switching insurance I can't see him anymore. I prayed about it still to no avail I can't seem to shake it off. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thank you.
    Never made it as a wise man
    I couldn't cut it as a poor man stealing
    Tired of living like a blind man
    I'm sick of sight without a sense of feeling

2. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

Hello im really sorry to hear that, try to stay positive try to do things u luv doing i've been there so i know how u feel!

@bronzedoll , you have a family in us, so pls do come on here anytime and we will envelop you in love. I'm sure we all have trust issues we live with day in day out, so you are not sick. That said, you've got try, pls to not sweat the small stuff and to fill your mind with positive things as much as possible. "Guard your heart with all diligence, because out of it comes the issues of life". I pray God lifts this dark cloud hovering above you and give u a bright and sunny day! @gymrat .

Try watching joyce meyer videos. She really helps, resp. Her preaching.
    She has many many topics. Just type joyce meyer drpression on u tube. Believe me after watching one episode ull be motivated and will feel abit better. still i wish u all the best. Good luck in everythink. And alwayS think prositive

@bronzedoll , Sending hugs and positive vibes your way.xxxx

@bronzedoll ........hello my love, long time no see

You know you can ALWAYS count on us here on SCT. Regardless of the situation we are here to help you!!

Bronzedoll, so many struggle with depression, so please don't think you are the only one. One thing that truly helps when you are down in the dumps is to take some time for yourself, write down everything that is bringing you down. Put your feelings on paper, you don't need to confide in your friends, or family, just sit down and write a letter, get things off your chest. Address the letter to whomever you wish too........when you are done, put it in a safe place. Re read it the next day, if you need to add more, do so.

Once you have gotten everything off of your chest, put that note in a balloon, and LET IT GO!! Getting your feelings off of your chest will relieve you so much!! There's a quote from Robbin Williams, that I read YEARS ago, it is one that really hit home with me, it goes like this........

I used to think the worst thing in life, was to end up all alone, its not.
    The worst thing in life is to end up with people that make you feel alone.

Bronzedoll, surround yourself with positive people, the worst thing you can do, is allow yourself to be around toxic people. Whether they are your friends or your family. Detached yourself from those type. Good things happen when you distance yourself from negative people. Life is too short to spend time with people who suck the happiness out of you.

You can't change the people around you, but you can change the people you choose to be around!!

Write your letter this weekend, and LET IT GO!!

Remember to always be true to yourself Bronzedoll
    -Our attitude toward life determines life's attitude towards us-

@gymrat.......good advice thank u for that, i need that for myself too

Quote Originally Posted by Yellowtan View Post
    @gymrat.......good advice thank u for that, i need that for myself too
    You are very welcome @Yellowtan , glad to help! We all need a little pick me up from time to time, myself included. Life is not always easy, and we all need to vent, just writing things on paper, getting things off our chest, saying what we need to say, relieves so much stress. Its great therapy and its FREE
    -Our attitude toward life determines life's attitude towards us-

Quote Originally Posted by bronzedoll View Post
    I have no where else to turn to so I thought I'd share my thoughts here. I notice for a quite a number of years I suffer from depression. It seems as though when I get into a relationship with someone is where it peaks, I recently ended my long distance relationship with someone I've gotten close to. Mainly it was my fault but he's going through his own stress and says he needs time. He's sort of the reason why I'm hurting although I know I'm the one who decided to end it because of my trust issues yet I still want to be with him? I dunno what's wrong with me..usually I'm able to cope with my stress but lately I've been feeling the need to end things. I've tried focusing on my school work, but certain classes stress me, work is stressful I feel as though I have no scape goat. I go to the gym when I can to burn off some steam. Still I can't help but focus on all the negative things in my life. My friends seem selfish I really don't want to tell them what's going on because I can never keep a relationship, I'm quite embarrassed. I have a psychiatrist but due to me switching insurance I can't see him anymore. I prayed about it still to no avail I can't seem to shake it off. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thank you.
    Sweetie, do you have reservations about seeing someone else, since you can't see your old Psychiatrist? If you've been dealing with depression for years, an abrupt cessation of treatment isn't ideal. It's very easy to relapse if you didn't complete treatment. What are your options? Where you on meds or was it just talking therapy or a combination of both?

Thank you all for the support I really appreciate it. I'm trying to think positive
    but its been really hard to do.
    Never made it as a wise man
    I couldn't cut it as a poor man stealing
    Tired of living like a blind man
    I'm sick of sight without a sense of feeling

12. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements