Skin Care Talk banner

Kick or Keep? Caro white, lemonvate, G&G, RA

44K views 154 replies 11 participants last post by  moon maiden 
#1 ·
I'm new to lightening and I've heard tons about caro white, LA, RA, high doses of vit C, lemonvate and G&G. Please post your experience with these products and if it was worth keeping in your regimen or kicking it out? I'm currently just using Kojic acid soap, LA lotion and caro white. Been on this regimen for just 2 months lower half of body is hard to turn and my neck and underarms are atleast 5 shades lighter! Also I was reccomended maxi peel mix w/ LA lotion and was thinking about trying that. What has been your best success products? Please share, any info is good info. Thanks all :D

#6 ·
I only use some of those products, but I've noticed Amlactin brings out my natural yellow undertones and Kojie San makes my skin look very bright and smooth whenever I use it. I've heard some pretty mixed things about Lemonvate, though I've never tried it. I thought of using the pink lid G&G until I found out it has a steroid buried deep in its ingredient list. :(

I take 500 mg of vitamin C a day for both brightening and to bolster my immune system, though I might start taking 500 mg in the morning and night to see more significant results. I'm also thinking of taking a little more glutathione, as people have been seeing more significant lightening with 1000 mg per day than 500 mg. Nothing above that, though!

#20 ·
Looking forward to your updates. ;)
Use ur vit c during the day followed by a moisturiser and keep your acids for the evenings... well, this applies if it's still quite sunny where you are. It's cold where I am now (days are also shorter than nights), so I can get away with using acids during the day on some days. Don't forget your sunscreen as well.

#23 · (Edited)
@Fluffington this is what I was thinking for new regi

2nd Regimen-
Face am & pm:
Milk Protein Soap
Milk Protein Cream
Seal w/ Milk brightening serum
(I want something more mild for my face, I don't desire to lighten it any further. Lightest thing on my body)

Body am & pm:
Kojie San Soap
G&G Cream w/ G&G Oil
Seal w/ Neoprosone vit c serum

Supplements-
PM-Liquid vitamin C 1000mg 1tbs

#24 ·
This is the the order that's best for application, you might want to factor this in. The lighter it is, the easier it'll absorb into the skin, the heavier stuff, like the oil, less so. That's why they are best for sealing.
1.serums
2. gels
3. lotions
4 creams
5.oils

But your regimen looks nice and simple though.
Sunscreen is still missing!:p
:hehe::hehe::hehe:

#26 ·
I don't believe that you can lose your yellow undertone if you naturally have a yellow undertone... but that's just my opinion.

I have retained my yellow undertone and turned 3 shades paler at the same time with the following:
KS soap, Oral and topical vitamin c, kojic acid serum, kojic acid cream, oral glutathione, modified diet (to include lots of berries and veges).

#29 ·
A lot of people have reported losing their yellow undertones after switching to G&g, for instance. Not necessarily because they got lighter. For example teal went back to using labi because she felt she was getting paler & darker :)hehe:) and losing her yellow glow with g&g. Maybe it's a phenomenon mostly observed by those who switch from HQ, but there's a bit of that being reported on here.

#42 ·
@nirhtuc also how do you feel the Gluthathione is effecting your regimen? Do you feel it's making a big difference on rather you take it or not? Especially since you have oral & topical vit c. I was thinking of starting back on Gluthathione a couple of weeks after I start my new regi to see how it makes me feel/look. But idk :/

This post has been deleted
#95 ·
@Missalister I feel like glutathione really does have a lot to do with the lightening. I took just 2000mg of vitamin c daily (no glutathione) for a couple of months when I got in to this, and it didn't do anything. Only the KS soap brightened me a bit back then. After that, I added 2 brands of glutathione and that lightened me a shade or so. It was when I started only taking one of those brands (500mg AM and 500mg PM) with the vitamin c that I lightened significantly more.

I know it's the glutathione that's responsible, because I don't use lightening serums and creams on most areas of my body and I still lightened everywhere.

#96 ·
@Missalister I feel like glutathione really does have a lot to do with the lightening. I took just 2000mg of vitamin c daily (no glutathione) for a couple of months when I got in to this, and it didn't do anything. Only the KS soap brightened me a bit back then. After that, I added 2 brands of glutathione and that lightened me a shade or so. It was when I started only taking one of those brands (500mg AM and 500mg PM) with the vitamin c that I lightened significantly more.

I know it's the glutathione that's responsible, because I don't use lightening serums and creams on most areas of my body and I still lightened everywhere.
You don't need to tell me twice!
*Off she goes to umm... anywhere but iherb* :hehe:
You've probably said this a million times @nirthuc (my brain's a sieve), but anything other than jarrows (even though, I never experienced redness with it) or is that actually your gold standard?

#124 ·
@Fluffington (and anyone else who wants to know) Sorryyy late to the party again! LOL @ iherb comment. Yay! You got Healthy Origins Setria L-Gluta- that is my gold standard, yes. The only one backed up by research, too. The only brands of gluta I've tried are Healthy Origins Setria and NOW Foods Reduced Gluta. I guess the latter is okay, but surely it's not a coincidence that my lightening increased when I started only taking Healthy Origins? Who knows! But it's working like a dream, so I'm going to keep getting this brand of gluta only.

#128 ·
@Fluffington (and anyone else who wants to know) Sorryyy late to the party again! LOL @ iherb comment. Yay! You got Healthy Origins Setria L-Gluta- that is my gold standard, yes. The only one backed up by research, too. The only brands of gluta I've tried are Healthy Origins Setria and NOW Foods Reduced Gluta. I guess the latter is okay, but surely it's not a coincidence that my lightening increased when I started only taking Healthy Origins? Who knows! But it's working like a dream, so I'm going to keep getting this brand of gluta only.
Thank you for this! I'll look into when I start my new regi :)

#137 ·
There are two different creams with different actives.
CW has hydroquinone, so works faster than g&g which is KA heavy, amongst a host of other acids.
Is it better? No. With the research currently available, KA has a better safety profile than HQ. Can I vouch for the contents of each? No. Only lab results can. All you can do is just trawl through the threads and decide for yourself, if you're considering it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.