hydroquinone ups 4% cream not working? - Page 2

Thread: hydroquinone ups 4% cream not working?

@miched.. Studies show that HQ 4 percent works well with a 10 percent glycolic acid cream or Retin a.. Consider adding these to your routine to see a difference...

2. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

You'll need at least four to six weeks to start seeing noticeable results. Your results will also be more significant and appear a little faster if you practice good habits.

Everyone else has already said exfoliation, which is vital in skin lightening (all that dead skin in the way dulls your complexion and prevents your product from penetrating well). You said you only use it at night, so I recommend gently exfoliating your face and neck once per night before you apply your product. There's no need to exfoliate more than once per day, as that can over-irritate and even thin out your skin. Wear zinc oxide foundation, maybe a hat, whenever you're out in the sun to prevent re-darkening (you'll need to maintain this habit even after you stop using the product).

You should also use a vitamin C serum! Vitamin C is a great multipurpose agent that gently exfoliates, encourages collagen production, protects from UV rays and gives your skin a bright, healthy glow. It'll definitely bolster your results. I make a DIY vitamin C serum at home and it's one of my favorite products.

Quote Originally Posted by BigHugeHair View Post
    You'll need at least four to six weeks to start seeing noticeable results. Your results will also be more significant and appear a little faster if you practice good habits.

Everyone else has already said exfoliation, which is vital in skin lightening (all that dead skin in the way dulls your complexion and prevents your product from penetrating well). You said you only use it at night, so I recommend gently exfoliating your face and neck once per night before you apply your product. There's no need to exfoliate more than once per day, as that can over-irritate and even thin out your skin. Wear zinc oxide foundation, maybe a hat, whenever you're out in the sun to prevent re-darkening (you'll need to maintain this habit even after you stop using the product).

You should also use a vitamin C serum! Vitamin C is a great multipurpose agent that gently exfoliates, encourages collagen production, protects from UV rays and gives your skin a bright, healthy glow. It'll definitely bolster your results. I make a DIY vitamin C serum at home and it's one of my favorite products.
    Thanks for explaing that. ill be sure to pick up a serum as well and a new sunblock. and whats this i hear about this
    Likas Papaya Soap is that really needed? also dose it work okay on senstive skin

5. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by John-Dave View Post
    @miched.. Studies show that HQ 4 percent works well with a 10 percent glycolic acid cream or Retin a.. Consider adding these to your routine to see a difference...
    Thanks for the info bro.

Quote Originally Posted by John-Dave View Post
    so glycolic acid cream will work better With HQ if i mix both of them? also what brand of glycolic acid should i buy. and where at. please let me know

Quote Originally Posted by miched View Post
    so glycolic acid cream will work better With HQ if i mix both of them? also what brand of glycolic acid should i buy. and where at. please let me know
    Do not mix... Layer... find a glycolic acid product that works for your skin type... there are some glycolic acid products that are formulated for dry skin or oily skin... or even gel versions...

hmm whats a good gel version for dry skin?

hmm whats a good gel version for dry skin?
    I have dry skin and I use this brand... apply your aha first wait 5 mins. then you can apply your HQ 4.. Make sure you are doing this only at Night...

@John-Dave Thanks for the helpful info bro i just orderd some

@John-Dave Thanks for the helpful info bro i just orderd some
    Awesome glad I can help... Let us know how it works out !!!!

13. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements