13 year old Permatan (Trying Again)

Thread: 13 year old Permatan (Trying Again)

13 year old Permatan (Trying Again)

Hello Forum Users,
    i am going to give L.A peels another try but this time I'm going to RELIGOUSLY practice SAP! I wanted to ask if anyone could recommend a GREAT sunscreen (I used both the orange and white blue burnout bottles last time around) but STOPPED because the sunblock was just toooooo dry for my skin! I'm looking for a sunscreen that has he same coverage(if not better) but just with a more moisturizer feel(hope I'm making sense) and if you could please recommend one then I'd greatly appreciate it. Ok so I'm going to restart my LA peels with weekly 40% peels for my face (can someone tell me how to dilute down 90% to 40%) for my face and I want to Licas wash it as much as possible(does anyone know as to how long between peels that I could start washing with Licas?)
    i also want to do my arms ,neck and legs at the same time but I don't know how that would be possible (do I mix it into a lotion bottle? And if so ,how often would I apply it to my skin?, I already have 90% LActic acid And want to try and use it for body,neck and arms as well but if not, could you recommend a great lotion that I could use to help remove my Permatan?
    Ive done the Vit C syrum for two months and have been off if it going on 3 months now, can I also include this into my regiment ? I was told by a user here that it was a comple no no to do Vit c the same time as LA peels..
    well I hope someone can take the time to help me, the user who used to help me with my questions suddenly stopped posting in here and I really need help. I'm tired of being referred to as Burnt & having it affect my confidence. Thanks in advance and God Bless you all

2. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

If you mix equal parts of LA with distilled water this will give you 45% LA peel. So take one tablespoon of LA and mix with one tablespoon of distilled water (not tap water) mix up and apply.

As for Vit C serum, you would not want to use Vit C serum until your skin is back to normal after applying the peel. So if your skin actually peels from using 45% LA peel, you would not want to use your Vit C serum until that has stopped peeling.

As for the question about your sunscreen, did you try applying a drop or two of moisturizer or a facial oil prior to applying the sunscreen? This may help.......
    -Our attitude toward life determines life's attitude towards us-

Quote Originally Posted by gymrat View Post
    If you mix equal parts of LA with distilled water this will give you 45% LA peel. So take one tablespoon of LA and mix with one tablespoon of distilled water (not tap water) mix up and apply.

As for Vit C serum, you would not want to use Vit C serum until your skin is back to normal after applying the peel. So if your skin actually peels from using 45% LA peel, you would not want to use your Vit C serum until that has stopped peeling.

As for the question about your sunscreen, did you try applying a drop or two of moisturizer or a facial oil prior to applying the sunscreen? This may help.......
    thanks @gymrat I will apply moisturizer now, I didn't think of doing that!!!
    so I'll do weekly peels just like how the "Germs" intro to lightening post says and Likas on my skin for 5 minutes every other day!!
    pleqse chime in with some info.

5. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

Can you tell me how you are willing to use the LA on your face? Doesn’t 40% burn? How many minutes will you keep it on?

I have the same problems as you since my skin colour has darkened over the years and developed sun damage and acne marks on my body,back, neck,arms.

I started yesterday with 12% lactic acid lotion by mixing 1 spoon of 90% lactic acid with 11 spoon of Cetaphil. I am starting small and going up.

Quote Originally Posted by flawlessskingoal View Post
    Can you tell me how you are willing to use the LA on your face? Doesn’t 40% burn? How many minutes will you keep it on?

I have the same problems as you since my skin colour has darkened over the years and developed sun damage and acne marks on my body,back, neck,arms.

I started yesterday with 12% lactic acid lotion by mixing 1 spoon of 90% lactic acid with 11 spoon of Cetaphil. I am starting small and going up.
    40% lactic acid peel you can leave on 3-10 mins. If its your first time using lactic peel leave on for 3-5 mins then rinse with soap/water. No it won't burn, lactic is the mildest of acids. It may feel itchy, but it won't burn if using a 40% lactic peel. If you have 90% lactic, and you mix one tablespoon of distilled water with 1 tablespoon of lactic acid this will give you 45% concentration.
    -Our attitude toward life determines life's attitude towards us-

8. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements