Skin Care Talk banner

13 year old Permatan (Trying Again)

8K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  gymrat 
#1 ·
Hello Forum Users,
i am going to give L.A peels another try but this time I'm going to RELIGOUSLY practice SAP! I wanted to ask if anyone could recommend a GREAT sunscreen (I used both the orange and white blue burnout bottles last time around) but STOPPED because the sunblock was just toooooo dry for my skin! I'm looking for a sunscreen that has he same coverage(if not better) but just with a more moisturizer feel(hope I'm making sense) and if you could please recommend one then I'd greatly appreciate it. Ok so I'm going to restart my LA peels with weekly 40% peels for my face (can someone tell me how to dilute down 90% to 40%) for my face and I want to Licas wash it as much as possible(does anyone know as to how long between peels that I could start washing with Licas?)
i also want to do my arms ,neck and legs at the same time but I don't know how that would be possible (do I mix it into a lotion bottle? And if so ,how often would I apply it to my skin?, I already have 90% LActic acid And want to try and use it for body,neck and arms as well but if not, could you recommend a great lotion that I could use to help remove my Permatan?
Ive done the Vit C syrum for two months and have been off if it going on 3 months now, can I also include this into my regiment ? I was told by a user here that it was a comple no no to do Vit c the same time as LA peels..
well I hope someone can take the time to help me, the user who used to help me with my questions suddenly stopped posting in here and I really need help. I'm tired of being referred to as Burnt & having it affect my confidence. Thanks in advance and God Bless you all

See less See more
#2 ·
If you mix equal parts of LA with distilled water this will give you 45% LA peel. So take one tablespoon of LA and mix with one tablespoon of distilled water (not tap water) mix up and apply.

As for Vit C serum, you would not want to use Vit C serum until your skin is back to normal after applying the peel. So if your skin actually peels from using 45% LA peel, you would not want to use your Vit C serum until that has stopped peeling.

As for the question about your sunscreen, did you try applying a drop or two of moisturizer or a facial oil prior to applying the sunscreen? This may help.......

#4 ·
Can you tell me how you are willing to use the LA on your face? Doesn’t 40% burn? How many minutes will you keep it on?

I have the same problems as you since my skin colour has darkened over the years and developed sun damage and acne marks on my body,back, neck,arms.

I started yesterday with 12% lactic acid lotion by mixing 1 spoon of 90% lactic acid with 11 spoon of Cetaphil. I am starting small and going up.

#5 ·
40% lactic acid peel you can leave on 3-10 mins. If its your first time using lactic peel leave on for 3-5 mins then rinse with soap/water. No it won't burn, lactic is the mildest of acids. It may feel itchy, but it won't burn if using a 40% lactic peel. If you have 90% lactic, and you mix one tablespoon of distilled water with 1 tablespoon of lactic acid this will give you 45% concentration.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.