How to find a good skin doctor!

Thread: How to find a good skin doctor!

Unhappy How to find a good skin doctor!

Any advice on finding a good dermatologist? I want to go to someone who knows what they are doing .... I've never had anything other than a general facial done to my skin, so I want to make sure I don't mess it up by going to someone who doesn't know what they are doing and are just interested in selling me procedures that I don't need or messing up my skin right off the bat!

2. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

Google and read Yelp reviews for those in your area.
    -Our attitude toward life determines life's attitude towards us-

Zocdoc is also good especially if you want to see their credentials, need someone who speaks a language other than English, have a preference with what gender you want, filter out anyone who won't take your insurance, etc.

5. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by wes View Post
    Zocdoc is also good especially if you want to see their credentials, need someone who speaks a language other than English, have a preference with what gender you want, filter out anyone who won't take your insurance, etc.
    Reputation and bed side manners, should be number 1. You can have all the credentials in the world and still be a horrible Dr.
    -Our attitude toward life determines life's attitude towards us-

Quote Originally Posted by gymrat View Post
    Reputation and bed side manners, should be number 1. You can have all the credentials in the world and still be a horrible Dr.
    That's very true and it's why they have verified patient reviews and make notes on reported customer service, whether they have high patient retention rates, how cooperative they are with scheduling and responding to patients. They even list specialties in the field and what time slots they have open.

8. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements