Skin Care Talk banner

Not sure if I have rosacea?

12K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  anm_atx 
#1 ·
Hi everyone, i've been struggling with my skin for years and was hoping someone might be able to give me some advice!

I'm 28 and suffered from acne as a teenager/early 20s however in the past couple of years my skin has really cleared up when it comes to spots. When i'm wearing foundation my skin looks smooth, blemish free and really good but when I'm bare faced its red, blotchy and uneven. The only way I can describe it is it looks as though I have lots of red small spots on my cheeks but they're under the skin, you can see them there but my skin is totally smooth and bump free to touch. My forehead, nose and chin is generally ok but my cheeks look like they're covered in spots but it's just redness! Is this rosacea? I can't find anything online which sounds similar to me! I find a lot of products meant for blemish prone skin too harsh and make me more red, and am thinking maybe my skin isn't blemish prone it's just sensitive?

Hope someone can help! Thanks :)

#2 ·
I have the same exact thing! I have yet to figure out exactly what it is. It looks like acne scars but my skin is completely smooth? Sometimes it looks better, sometimes it looks worse depending on the day and diff factors. No matter what I try, (I’ve tried retin-a, vitamin C, IPL) I can’t seem to get rid of it. I’m thinking it might be rosacea which can be linked to auto immune disorder- so currently trying to work on healing my gut. My theory is, is that if I’m eating things I’m unknowingly intolerant to, its causing my skin to become inflamed. Trying probiotics, and some other gut healing supplements. I also noticed using a probiotic based moisturizer does help a bit with the inflammation. Hope this helps a little 😞 I know it’s frustrating. I always find myself wondering if it’s always going to be this way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.