Skin Care Talk banner

Bleachers anonymous therapy.

678K views 3K replies 125 participants last post by  Mazikeen 
#1 ·
Hey guys, this is a space where we can share our lightening, exfoliating or maintenance goals and achievements. Feel free to ask questions, give suggestions. When you have progress share! Experience set back share! Try a new product you know it share.
I will start i don't have a goal i just want to be even all over. I plan to do a peel on my joints as they are my problem areas. This is my focus for the first couple of months! Products i plan to try surewhite serum for my joints only. I recently started using gng oil and shea butter on my lips after scrubbing them with a tooth brush thanks to John-Dave. May the lightening gods be with us all!

#2,529 · (Edited)
So guys, it was in a point of my life where I had to stop the bleaching for a while. Can't say but I lost All my results. My face is right back to it's original dark uneven sunburn ish color but my body seems to still held up. I went cold turkey for about 2 months, no products or sunscreen.Now, I seen my skin turn back rather quickly. I knew it was changing but it just wasn't important. I could of at least kept up the sunscreen smh but I'm back! I been exfoliating for about 3 weeks with my go-to soap--Likas Papaya and amlactin( I diy 15%) my fav sunscreen burnout and did just my favorite peel of the 10% skin peel oil a couple of days ago. I also went back to re-read the newbies threads for a refresher and still have my personal notes in my phone. I also have all my bleaching products and equipment so no need to purchase at the moment except for HQ and PG. once I'm done with the exfo I will diy my miracle bleaching serum 10% HQ for 3 months then slowly wean off w precious serum demo white and ikb gel . I will be doing a 25%tca peel on elbows and feet only. I may do it on my hands at a later point. Guys, I hate that my results are lost bc it was popping. I'm sure I can get it all back . the HQ got me 2 shades down in 2 months so with my reg I know I can bounce back in no time. btw, I miss all of you guys! What are the new trending skin care products?

#2,530 ·
Hey beautymark! I'm in the same boat. I went cold turkey sometime in 2015 and I too lost all my results. I've been exfoliating with my kojic soap and spin brush but I haven't decided on what creams or oils I'm going to use to lighten. I recently did a 20% tca peel on my arm pits and arms. but I've been so out of touch with the HQ products that I have no clue what work. can you share your diy with me? I think 10% is just enough to gradually get me back to 2 shades lighter

#2,534 ·
Ok so it’s been a month since using my diy HQ. My skin is evening out pretty well and lips are slightly pinker. I’m pretty content so far but I have a longgg way to go. I know this is not drastic but this is just ONE MONTH.I didn’t do anything different than the last time I lighten. but this time my regi is a bit more aggressive. I’m not sure why my face is darker than my body naturally but I always hated it. It’s sad that I have to do all this just to have good skin. but whatever I will update again in 5/6 months.

Attachments

#2,536 ·
Guys, please I need help. I’ve been trying to clear up my knuckles and feet. They were a shade darker than my complexion (MAC Nc42/44 for reference) so someone suggested I did a tca peel. I did a 30% tca peel on my knuckles and feet and I didn’t have any troubles with the process and I don’t think I burnt or anything. With heavy moisturizing, I peeled in sheets within a week and my skin was so even and beautiful. But after about a week or two my feet and hands started to redarken and now they are like 3-4shades darker than my complexion (with my feet being worse, they are so uneven, with some areas being darker than others). Has anyone experienced this before? I’m so sad and it’s getting me depressed. I don’t know what went wrong. My feet looks like I’m wearing a black socks 😭😭. I’d appreciate response on what can be done. Mind you, I used Biore watery essence sunscreen throughout and still do till now. (Did the tca peel on the 1st of December 2018)

#2,537 ·
you got PIH post inflamatory pigmentation- i think from NC 42 and above shouldnt go higher than 12.5 or 15% TCA . TCA is very strong and acid can be the devil on darker skin tones : nice skin the first week then it darkens with a vengence - for now just moisturize for a month , shea butter, aloe vera,etc u can also look for a cream that repairs damaged skin - then after start doing LA peels once a week , 10-20% for a month - then u can start back using lightening creams ( do a peel on your hand once a month then) - i know this process sounds long , but i learned the hard way , trying to go fast , u just end up getting more PIh...u need to give your skin a break and time to heal - u can also consult a dermatologist for faster results but if u wanna do it yourself i recommend taken the slow road ...

#2,539 ·
Hi guys , Happy new year
please what would you recommend for non-hq lightening . I got precious gel sometimes last year , no results wondering if formulars were changed ? Are the Mitchell gels now ineffective ? @johndave for a yellow pale tone which would you recommend please everyone should chip in as well . I have missed everyone

#2,545 ·
Thanks for your response. I use Biore cause it doesn’t leave a white cast. Do you know any zinc based sunscreens that would make me ghostly? All the ones I’ve tried make me look like a ghost. And about peeling again with TCA, I’m scaredddd. I vowed never to touch tca again cause it traumatized me. Can I do glycolic instead? I’m currently doing weekly lactic acid peels but they are slow AF and the peeling isn’t deep.

#2,547 ·
Hi there,
Great Thread. I have horrible hyper pigmentation on my legs. the darkest spots ever imaginable !!! I tried a lactic peel that made things even worse and it was quite a low percentage.... help?

What are the best hyper pigmentation gels out there that can clear me up before Xmas hopefully? I'll appreciate any recommendations.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.