Skin Care Talk banner

Hairline GOOOOOOONE and desperate

23K views 29 replies 10 participants last post by  Purpledoll 
#1 ·
My hairline refuses to budge; i dont perm it, comb it, braid it...nada. i massage it and let it breathe but for some odd reason, its just not growing; instead its moving backwards. i cannot even go out in public wearing my hair the way i want; im natural btw. can anyone help? ive tried all vitamins: biotin, msm, MGT, hairfinity, Maxi Life hair, shin and nails, silica, horsetail, castor oil, rosemary, lavender, ALL OILS even emu. you name it ive tried it to no avail.ive even taken up the ayuverduic methods...and ive done the inversion method even the green house method, baggy method....im all out of ideas. Can someone help me?:help::mecry:

#11 ·
I had bad luck with castor oil too. I used it for months until noticing that I was losing more hair around my hairline so I stopped. It did grow back for me, so that's the good news. Chin up. keeping a positive attitude while going through unwanted baldness is important because stress will aggravate hair loss. Fake it till you make it is probably the best way to go.

#14 ·
@Brownsugarlove. lmao @ "...when I took it off it took off my hairline with it!" wow. I do not do glues; especially on front/hairlines at that. I do wigs. But the one i worse back in 2010-2012 had that comb teeth attached to it all around and i think that's what pulled and irritated my edges. I've done the inversion method to no avail. I massage my scalp too but nada. I don't do ponytails and the last time i did was very loose. I've also done Dr. Miracles. I've done ayuverdic too. Im thinking of trying the coffee and milk method. what products did you use to get your hairline back? and is it full or patchy?

#24 ·
I understand the frustration:/
Did you massage too? regularly?
I suggest you massage twice a day regularly with olive oil. I don't really know id olive oil regrows hair but I used it daily before washing as an overnight treatment 3 years ago in college and I never knew any hair problems back then really.. My hair problems started after I switched to some fancy bottled oils... I didn't even know what hair fall looked like back then..Still with hair there isn't any guarantee...Did you try the balayam yoga? It is a bit difficult for me to keep up but I heard it regrows hair. If all else fails, minoxidil, or prp treatments:/

#25 ·
@2toned
I am sorry If you mentioned it anywhere else in the thread, but how many mg's of msm were you taking? powder or capsule? I notice the reduced hair fall ONLY after a mega dose of a Tablespoon atleast. But your problem is receding hair line not hair fall?? SO I suppose you might have to take high dose for a few months.. A few mg's in a tablet wont work I believe:/ Also how many mg's of biotin did you take?

#27 ·
@2toned
I am sorry If you mentioned it anywhere else in the thread, but how many mg's of msm were you taking? powder or capsule? I notice the reduced hair fall ONLY after a mega dose of a Tablespoon atleast. But your problem is receding hair line not hair fall?? SO I suppose you might have to take high dose for a few months.. A few mg's in a tablet wont work I believe:/ Also how many mg's of biotin did you take?
I took 7500mg of biotin and currently taking 6,000mg MSM. i tried minoxidil for months and that yielded no progress.

#29 ·
Lucky you. There's no style I can wear to hide it. I would like to wear my hair pulled back in a low ponytail but can't. Everywhere else is growing but extremely slow. I'm trying onion juice now. Can you tell me the severity of your hair? Mine is frustratingly bad.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.