Skin Care Talk banner

Sexual activity = +acne

7K views 21 replies 21 participants last post by  catherine 
#1 ·
is it true that more sexual activity increases acne?

#3 ·
I think that can be true for men. Each ejaculation will cause a loss of zinc (and other nutrients). But zinc can help with acne.

This is only a problem for men though.

Zinc is also needed for sexually maturity, so this, I think, explains why some people only seem to have acne during their teen years, when their sex organs are basically developing and those sex hormones are in full rage. The more sex hormones a guy produces the more his body needs zinc. (Zinc is needed by the body to make testosterone.)

Of course gals can have acne when they are in their teens because of the body's need for zinc during sexual maturation.

#15 ·
Sex is good, and these are all posts...

Hormones are released and as with anything, our skin goes through a perpetual chemical balancing act. However, sometimes i think sex (the act) isn't what is causing it as opposed to the actions following.

Whether you work hard enough to actually sweat (eh hem) or not, the pores are opening because you are raising your heart rate and body temperature. Hormones are being released and sweat glands are getting ready for a workout.

When you are done, I know we are all cuddling (or passing out) and not all jumping up to wash our faces, necks and behind our ears, right! It is a good idea to wash hands, face, etc after sex and then returning to bed. It will help keep the acne from appearing the morning!

#16 ·
well its meth all about need to look weather u rin ur puberty age as durring that age only due to sexual changes in our body some harmones activate the seabshious glands in our skin and they produce more sebam and if the hair folicals get closed and exassive sebam get infected with P acnes that leads to acne. if u r thing due to having sex u r geting acne dont care for that .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.