Face care and alllll your face issues here ..!!
Page 1 of 79 1 2 11 Last

Thread: Face care and alllll your face issues here ..!!

Face care and alllll your face issues here ..!!

Hey there my lovely family ... ,

I said I'll start this thread and after several prompts from lotsa my besties ( @pinksunshine , @Teesh , @Kays etc. ) on here its finally here ... ....

Okay, over the years, I have laboured and sweated to find the right products and regi' for my face and I learnt from @John-Dave that I'm not the only one. I am still searching and I've made lotsa mistakes from trial and error. Thanks to @Fluffington , I've ordered some MB (Mitchell Brands) gels, creams and serums which come in today to try out. Meanwhile, my latest success has been using plain G&G lotion and oil on my face thanks to @moon maiden 's advise.

Along the way I've picked up some bits and pieces of face care tidbits from peeps on here ... e.g. its from @BrownBerries that I learnt to put some raw shea butter around my eyes to avoid eye area thinning at night, from Fluffy I learnt to wash my face with my bare hands - no washcloth, from @nirhtuc I learnt not to wash my face in the morning but rather to splash on water then vit.c serum and moisturizer, from @hipvalley I got the tip to use rosehip oil, & from Mama @gymrat - most of all I need to know about RA, Mandelic peels and face cleansing I learnt from you ... By the way Gymmie, thanks for your help - without you this thread would not be possible hun.

There's also alot of homecare remedies we all know ... e.g. Moonies youghurt+honey+lemon face mask, which lets share on here. I've heard it said hot water shouldnt be used on the face to avoid ageing Also heard that tumeric is great for face (soon tryin this out to see) ...

My current face regi' is quite simple : - USA Black Spot Vit.C Soap am and pm, 55H+ Purete toner am and pm, Perfect White serum (has ascorbic acid 3rd ingredient) for day, G&G lotion + oil, RA 0.025% on alternate nights, 42 Heures Juste face serum ( has la, ga and sa) before my gng lotion on the alternate nights when I'm not doing RA, Lakme Sun Expert Spf 50+ sunscreen (with cucumber & lemon grass), Dead Sea facial mud mask (bi-weekly) ...

Would like to get a much lighter and natural looking face hence the MB stuff I'm starting on in a couple of days - will update here. Unlike what most people say and think, the face can be quite a bagful. Personally, my face aint lightening as fast and as well as I'd like it to. Also considering getting some alpha hydrox cream/lotion and reviva labs cream.

FACE: technical, complicated, needs much strategy ... IMHO ...

This thread is now officially open for ALL & ANYTHING FACE!! FACE, FACE & MORE FACE .... Lets go guys.

Thanks ya'll ...
    Last edited by AIME; 04-15-2016 at 06:36 AM.
    "LET BROTHERLY LOVE CONTINUE : Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous, bragging or proud. Love is not rude, selfish or easily angered. Love trusts, forgives, forgets & never gives up on people. LOVE SHOULD NEVER END" ... 1 COR. 13:4-8

2. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

Nice thread idea Aime! I have to thank everyone for suggesting Vit E oil and Neosporone for the scratches from my car crash. It's healed fast and I don't see any scarring. I'll continue skin building my face until next month and begin exfoliatating again

Quote Originally Posted by PriorityMale View Post
    Nice thread idea Aime! I have to thank everyone for suggesting Vit E oil and Neosporone for the scratches from my car crash. It's healed fast and I don't see any scarring. I'll continue skin building my face until next month and begin exfoliatating again
    Thanks PM , & I'm glad you healed well. Mehn, face can drive you nuts I tell you ... & I totally agree- Vit.E oil is wonderful. I forgot to add that I also use Vit.E oil at times after gng lotion which can be abit drying ... I use the one by Nature's Bounty thats got 30,000 IU - which is 333% of the RDA value. Quite conc' ...
    "LET BROTHERLY LOVE CONTINUE : Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous, bragging or proud. Love is not rude, selfish or easily angered. Love trusts, forgives, forgets & never gives up on people. LOVE SHOULD NEVER END" ... 1 COR. 13:4-8

5. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

Btw @PriorityMale , what are you using to skinbuild your face please? ...

Another tip is to not to use hot water to wash your face
    Try and use warm water, hot dries out your skin and washes away the natural oil
    Always pay your face dry, some towels no matter how delicate they are when rubbed across the face, the fibres can tear the skin
    Try and stay away from soapy, foamy cleaners and use more oil based cleansers if your face can tolerate it
    Nightly moisturisation is essential as well
    Your pillows at night should be silk and not cotton as cotton can dry out your skin during the night
    Your lips don't produce oils like the rest of
    your skin, so whenever you lick your lips it dries out the oils, so lip balm is essential.
    An above poster mentioned Shea butter around the eyes at night to prevent skin thinning which is essential, also try and use around the liens around your mouth to nose area
    Most people's faces glow when they wake up, avoid soaps in the am and use water to wash your face (unless your skin is oily) then go about your daily routine

Quote Originally Posted by BlackGold View Post
    1. Another tip is to not to use hot water to wash your face
    Try and use warm water, hot dries out your skin and washes away the natural oil
    2. Always pay your face dry, some towels no matter how delicate they are when rubbed across the face, the fibres can tear the skin
    3. Try and stay away from soapy, foamy cleaners and use more oil based cleansers if your face can tolerate it
    4. Nightly moisturisation is essential as well
    5. Your pillows at night should be silk and not cotton as cotton can dry out your skin during the night
    6. Your lips don't produce oils like the rest of
    your skin, so whenever you lick your lips it dries out the oils, so lip balm is essential.
    7. An above poster mentioned Shea butter around the eyes at night to prevent skin thinning which is essential, also try and use around the liens around your mouth to nose area
    8. Most people's faces glow when they wake up, avoid soaps in the am and use water to wash your face (unless your skin is oily) then go about your daily routine
    8 Great & Amazing face care tips !!!
    Thanks @BlackGold , I'm definitely implementing ...

@AIME What MB products did you purchase ?

Quote Originally Posted by AIME View Post
    Btw @PriorityMale, what are you using to skinbuild your face please? ...
    Just those things I mentioned. I wash with Dove and use Vit E oil and then Fruit of the Earth Vit E Creme

Awesome thread @AIME , and as always you are most welcome for the help!! I knew with just a few prompts you'd be off and running with this thread

As for tips, I always cleanse my face with cleanser and a sponge or microfiber at night, then in the AM splash with water. UNLESS, I have used RA the night before, then I will do a quick cleanse with cleanser, otherwise, its splash n go!

Also, try applying your products to damp skin, helps SO much for penetration as well as not going through so much product. A little honestly goes a long ways, and one way to help that is applying on damp skin. Not dripping wet skin, just damp!

A great way to add moisture to your routine, without having to make it complicated is fine a pure oil, no other fillers in it, just 100% pure, use this in place of your moisturizer. 1-2 drops is all you need. If you need light oil look for Kukui Nut, Grapeseed, Red Raspberry Seed. If acne prone, Jojoba, Grapeseed, Watermelon, Hazelnut. If you have dry skin look for thicker oils, Neem, Hemp, Rosehip, Macadamia Nut, Apricot, all great choices. Facial oils are great to use, for face or body moisturizers and usually are much cheaper than an actual cream/lotion, plus minus all the crap/ingredients that goes in them!!

We all are here for the same reason, skincare, and without sharing and caring, this forum would not exist. Keep up the great work my friends!!
    -Our attitude toward life determines life's attitude towards us-

Quote Originally Posted by gymrat View Post
    Awesome thread @AIME , and as always you are most welcome for the help!! I knew with just a few prompts you'd be off and running with this thread

As for tips, I always cleanse my face with cleanser and a sponge or microfiber at night, then in the AM splash with water. UNLESS, I have used RA the night before, then I will do a quick cleanse with cleanser, otherwise, its splash n go!

Also, try applying your products to damp skin, helps SO much for penetration as well as not going through so much product. A little honestly goes a long ways, and one way to help that is applying on damp skin. Not dripping wet skin, just damp!

A great way to add moisture to your routine, without having to make it complicated is fine a pure oil, no other fillers in it, just 100% pure, use this in place of your moisturizer. 1-2 drops is all you need. If you need light oil look for Kukui Nut, Grapeseed, Red Raspberry Seed. If acne prone, Jojoba, Grapeseed, Watermelon, Hazelnut. If you have dry skin look for thicker oils, Neem, Hemp, Rosehip, Macadamia Nut, Apricot, all great choices. Facial oils are great to use, for face or body moisturizers and usually are much cheaper than an actual cream/lotion, plus minus all the crap/ingredients that goes in them!!

We all are here for the same reason, skincare, and without sharing and caring, this forum would not exist. Keep up the great work my friends!!
    Lovee hemp seed oil!

13. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements