Face care and alllll your face issues here ..!! - Page 63

Thread: Face care and alllll your face issues here ..!!

  1. #621
    Can kojic acid actually darken you? Used it on my face and i am a complete shade darker now.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #622
    Administrator gymrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Where The Sun Shines
    Posts
    33,160
    Quote Originally Posted by elohopop View Post
    Thank you very much @gymrat
    Your very welcome, if you need further help or have questions just let us know, we can walk you through the process. Super easy, just requires a few ingredients.
    -Our attitude toward life determines life's attitude towards us-

  4. #623
    SCT Elite brown2light's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    3,136
    Quote Originally Posted by slivochny View Post
    Can kojic acid actually darken you? Used it on my face and i am a complete shade darker now.
    Hi,

    Yes it can, especially if you have sensative skin.

  5. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #624
    Quote Originally Posted by gymrat View Post
    @elohopop

    HA serum is really simple, here is a thread explaining how to make it https://www.skincaretalk.com/showthre...Basic-HA-serum

    Vit C serum is not difficult either just requires a few more steps and ingredients.
    https://www.skincaretalk.com/showthre...edient-Sources
    If you have any questions or need help don't be afraid to ask. Nwababy makes both of these and could probably help you find ingredients where you are located.
    Thanks Gymmie

  7. #625
    SCT Elite AIME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    IN MY SKIN
    Posts
    4,376
    FACE SLAPPING
    ******************


    For Korean women, face slapping is done all in the name of beauty, because it is believed that this ancient technique helps to achieve a glowing, youthful and flawless complexion.

    Although face slapping sounds more like a form of torture than a pampering skincare ritual, this Korean technique is used every day by Korean women, with many celebrities and skincare experts also adopting this ritual of facial 'massages'.

    What the term really means is to lightly tap your face in gentle hitting motions whenever you're applying your *skin care products.

    What Benefits Does It Have?
    -----------------------------
    1. The patting motion helps to both tone and firm the skin.
    2. It increases blood circulation for a more even appearance.
    3. The movement further allows for oxygen and nutrients in your topical face products to quickly reach the skin’s deeper cellular structure, penetrating the epidermis - rather than your product just sitting on top of your skin.
    4. As a result, your skin takes on a rosy, vibrant, glowing appearance that looks much healthier and younger .... We all want that, right?

    How To Do This
    -----------------

    - Simply dab on your product (toner, serum, lotion, cream, oil etc) using the ends of your fingers - starting from the bottom of your chin moving upwards, so that your forehead is the last part of the face to be covered.

    - Begin to slap your face with a gentle force, being careful to do so to all/every part of your face.

    - You can do this (face slapping) with every single layer of products you apply.

    - Remember to do this to your neck too.


    NOTE!
    --------
    In order to get the most from it, you must incorporate face slapping into your daily routine every time you apply something on your face.

    Korean women do this at least 50 times (from start of the first product applied to the last) for best results. There’s a reason why this technique is so popular in Korea: They say it works wonders!
    Last edited by AIME; 01-29-2017 at 06:08 AM.
    "LET BROTHERLY LOVE CONTINUE : Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous, bragging or proud. Love is not rude, selfish or easily angered. Love trusts, forgives, forgets & never gives up on people. LOVE SHOULD NEVER END" ... 1 COR. 13:4-8

  8. #626
    May darken initially before lightening.
    Or maybe it's too strong and your face is sensitive. I usually apply kojic cream after a layer of olive oil cause my face is too sensitive. It burns

  9. #627
    Administrator gymrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Where The Sun Shines
    Posts
    33,160
    Quote Originally Posted by AIME View Post
    FACE SLAPPING
    ******************


    For Korean women, face slapping is done all in the name of beauty, because it is believed that this ancient technique helps to achieve a glowing, youthful and flawless complexion.

    Although face slapping sounds more like a form of torture than a pampering skincare ritual, this Korean technique is used every day by Korean women, with many celebrities and skincare experts also adopting this ritual of facial 'massages'.

    What the term really means is to lightly tap your face in gentle hitting motions whenever you're applying your *skin care products.

    What Benefits Does It Have?
    -----------------------------
    1. The patting motion helps to both tone and firm the skin.
    2. It increases blood circulation for a more even appearance.
    3. The movement further allows for oxygen and nutrients in your topical face products to quickly reach the skin’s deeper cellular structure, penetrating the epidermis - rather than your product just sitting on top of your skin.
    4. As a result, your skin takes on a rosy, vibrant, glowing appearance that looks much healthier and younger .... We all want that, right?

    How To Do This
    -----------------

    - Simply dab on your product (toner, serum, lotion, cream, oil etc) using the ends of your fingers - starting from the bottom of your chin moving upwards, so that your forehead is the last part of the face to be covered.

    - Begin to slap your face with a gentle force, being careful to do so to all/every part of your face.

    - You can do this (face slapping) with every single layer of products you apply.

    - Remember to do this to your neck too.


    NOTE!
    --------
    In order to get the most from it, you must incorporate face slapping into your daily routine every time you apply something on your face.

    Korean women do this at least 50 times (from start of the first product applied to the last) for best results. There’s a reason why this technique is so popular in Korea: They say it works wonders!
    WOW, really?...... @AIME , you KNOW I will be trying this, having to explain why I'm in the bathroom slapping myself, might raise a question
    -Our attitude toward life determines life's attitude towards us-

  10. #628
    Yup this is true I'm real big into Korean routine it's pretty intense anywhere from 9-12 steps in the name of beauty and face slapping is common.. @AIME r u following a Korean routine?[in QUOTE=AIME;1429281]FACE SLAPPING
    ******************


    For Korean women, face slapping is done all in the name of beauty, because it is believed that this ancient technique helps to achieve a glowing, youthful and flawless complexion.

    Although face slapping sounds more like a form of torture than a pampering skincare ritual, this Korean technique is used every day by Korean women, with many celebrities and skincare experts also adopting this ritual of facial 'massages'.

    What the term really means is to lightly tap your face in gentle hitting motions whenever you're applying your *skin care products.

    What Benefits Does It Have?
    -----------------------------
    1. The patting motion helps to both tone and firm the skin.
    2. It increases blood circulation for a more even appearance.
    3. The movement further allows for oxygen and nutrients in your topical face products to quickly reach the skin’s deeper cellular structure, penetrating the epidermis - rather than your product just sitting on top of your skin.
    4. As a result, your skin takes on a rosy, vibrant, glowing appearance that looks much healthier and younger .... We all want that, right?

    How To Do This
    -----------------

    - Simply dab on your product (toner, serum, lotion, cream, oil etc) using the ends of your fingers - starting from the bottom of your chin moving upwards, so that your forehead is the last part of the face to be covered.

    - Begin to slap your face with a gentle force, being careful to do so to all/every part of your face.

    - You can do this (face slapping) with every single layer of products you apply.

    - Remember to do this to your neck too.


    NOTE!
    --------
    In order to get the most from it, you must incorporate face slapping into your daily routine every time you apply something on your face.

    Korean women do this at least 50 times (from start of the first product applied to the last) for best results. There’s a reason why this technique is so popular in Korea: They say it works wonders!
    [/QUOTE]

  11. #629
    SCT Elite AIME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    IN MY SKIN
    Posts
    4,376
    Quote Originally Posted by gymrat View Post
    WOW, really?...... @AIME , you KNOW I will be trying this, having to explain why I'm in the bathroom slapping myself, might raise a question
    @ you slapping yourself relentlessly for that glowy look .... Does look ridiculous I know. My friend whose staying with me for a while found me doin it yesterday n sincerely thot I was losing it ! The look on her face cracked me up and that didnt make things any better for me .... But my face felt so energised and 'alive' like it had been woken up from a deep long sleep. Try it my dear - its awesome really. @gymrat
    "LET BROTHERLY LOVE CONTINUE : Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous, bragging or proud. Love is not rude, selfish or easily angered. Love trusts, forgives, forgets & never gives up on people. LOVE SHOULD NEVER END" ... 1 COR. 13:4-8

  12. #630
    SCT Elite AIME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    IN MY SKIN
    Posts
    4,376
    Quote Originally Posted by saucey View Post
    Yup this is true I'm real big into Korean routine it's pretty intense anywhere from 9-12 steps in the name of beauty and face slapping is common.. @AIME r u following a Korean routine?
    Hey @saucey .... Yes, Korean skincare is amazing. Those 9-12 steps are tbh abit much for me but I know it does pay off real well if you have the patience and discipline to go thru it all 2xs daily ... Mine is 3-5 steps at most (cleanse-tone-serum-moisturise-sunblock) depending on my mood and time of day. Whats your routine like? If your big on Korean beauty 'ways' , I'm sure you've got some good tips up your sleeve ...
    "LET BROTHERLY LOVE CONTINUE : Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous, bragging or proud. Love is not rude, selfish or easily angered. Love trusts, forgives, forgets & never gives up on people. LOVE SHOULD NEVER END" ... 1 COR. 13:4-8

  13. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •