Help - I have Psoriasis!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Thread: Help - I have Psoriasis!

Help - I have Psoriasis!

I have developed psoriasis on my forehead and scalp in the past 6 months. I am using the usual, Aqua Glycolic, Psoriasin, and a steroid cream - all according to instructions. Doesn't seem to be getting a whole lot better and it frequently itches. So I scratch, scales flake off, and skin is reddened again - the beginning of the same cycle. Has anyone used anything or know of any other treatment? I will not take the pills - their warnings scare me, which is why I don't return to the dermatologist. That is an experimental station! I am a Great Grandmother and still work part-time. I really don't need this. I would welcome any suggestions.

2. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

Hi! There is a product which you can get online called Infinite Aloe. It has a lot of testimonials from people who have used it to great success for psoriasis.

can someone explain what Psoriasis is, how the skin is and why it forms/how very bluntly thanks
    ‎‎

5. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

Hello mavetx welcome to SCT, we have a forum on skin disorders, read on that sight and see if you can get the information you need, cheer up!

L'Occitane has a body cream for dry skin that actually cured my mom's Psoriasis better than any prescription. It's called Ultra Rich body cream (it has shea butter).

I have had psoriasis for most of my life. I have been given various prescriptions, used everything natural known to man and nothing really worked. I am surprised that your derm would want to give you the pills because the are dangerous and are normally used for extremel cases. Your instincts are right on to stay away from that doctor.

A couple of years ago my derm gave me Tazorac and it is the only thing that will take them totally away. I didn't realize until I found this forum it is a Retin-A and I could have used it on my face as well for those fine lines and wrinkles

You may want to give it a try. It is very drying for psoriasis so you can also get a prescription for Eocom cream to put on them if you find it too drying as this cream will make it more comfortable for you. You will need patience though as it takes a bit of time to work. In my case it took about 4 months or so to take them away and I had to use it every night. If I didn't I could tell they were getting worse again.

Now when I get a flareup I start right away. I hope this works for you because I know exactly how you are feeling.

There are lots of creams that will help keep the lesions soft so they don't hurt and bleed but they will not take them away. Unfortunately, there is no cure either.

Take care,

If you’re suffering from psoriasis, try decreasing your intake of the following foods:

Alcoholic beverages
    Sugar, refined foods and processed foods
    Citrus fruits, milk, eggs, corn, wheat and other foods which may trigger allergies
    For the best results, remove all of the above foods from your diet. Add them back in one at a time, and closely monitor your body’s response. If several days go by and the condition has not worsened, you may conclude that the food in question is not to blame for your psoriasis. Continue until you find the foods which do cause outbreaks and eliminate them for good.
    In addition to removing certain foods from the diet, many foods may be added to promote healing. This is particularly important if your diet is less than wholesome. Try eating some of the following foods on a regular basis to improve the health of your entire body and reduce dry, scaly skin:

Whole grains such as brown rice, millet and oats
    High-fiber fruits and vegetables of all kinds
    Dark green, leafy vegetables
    Oily fish, high in essential fatty acids
    Nuts and seeds, which are also high in essential fatty acids
    *Hidden Content * ~.~ pumi ~.~ *Hidden Content *

Hi and welcome to the site! Unfortunately there is never one cure for everybody's psoriasis. My mother has a bath with this Tar, in it as well as has to use a tar based shampoo. But she does find some relief from the itching with Coconut oil... hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by mony View Post
    Hi and welcome to the site! Unfortunately there is never one cure for everybody's psoriasis. My mother has a bath with this Tar, in it as well as has to use a tar based shampoo. But she does find some relief from the itching with Coconut oil... hope this helps.
    My mum suffers from psoriasis too. Her doctor advised her to apply seawater over the affected parts as seawater is beneficial in curing psoriasis. Another good home remedy is to apply pure aloe vera gel or cucumber cream.
    *Hidden Content * ~.~ pumi ~.~ *Hidden Content *

as you can see you are not alone. i have it on my scalp, legs, arms, back, stomach, and sides. i try new things all the time. i give the new thing about a month but i have not found anything for my scalp. head and shoulders shampoo with zinc helps some, i tried selson salicylic acid shampoo, i tried coal tar shampoo from neutrogena. it works the best but i feel like i smell like a highway. actually when the hair dries it smells just like shampoo but i know it did smell like tar. i am going to try a sulfur shampoo next. i am going to go back to the neutrogena because my scalp is actually hurting. i used the salicylic acid shampoo too long i think. there is no cure and i agree with you about taking the pills. we will just have to keep trying things till we find the one that works. so far like i said the coal tar shampoo from neutrogena did the best.

13. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements