For healthy hair... here's my regimen!!! :) - Page 4

Thread: For healthy hair... here's my regimen!!! :)

sorry its been a while since i've posted @2toned --- i big chopped. My braids and weaves did help with the pulling but my edges are still an issue since from wearing hats in the winter and to protect from the sun in the summer. how is progress going on your end?

2. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

we need more regimes here please... natural hair entuisatist am thinking if I should big chop.

I don't have much a regimen -- at least not one I would recommend with confidence

5. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

One recommendation, get sulfate free shampoo, will see a huge difference.

@ko6kin list the ones you use. Cmon we need pics/names of said sulfate free shampoos. What exactly will sulfate free shampooos do?

Quote Originally Posted by 2toned View Post
    @ko6kin list the ones you use. Cmon we need pics/names of said sulfate free shampoos. What exactly will sulfate free shampooos do?
    @2toned sis, where have u been? how are u?

Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (commonly known as SLS) is a widely used and inexpensive chemical found in many mainstream personal hygiene products such as shampoos, toothpastes, mouthwashes, bodywash, soaps, detergents and body wash, along with Sodium Laureth Sulfate (SLES) and Ammonium Laurel Sulfate (ALS).
    SLS is a detergent and surfactant which essentially means that it breaks surface tension and separates molecules in order to allow better interaction between the product and your hair. This in turn creates a lather which makes products such as shampoo and toothpaste more effective cleaners. So effective and so inexpensive is Sodium Lauryl Sulfate that it’s found in a number of industrial cleaning agents such as engine degreaser and industrial strength detergents. It’s also widely used as a skin irritant when testing products used to heal skin conditions.

IS SODIUM LAURYL SULFATE A DANGER?

There are conflicting reports published over the years and as a result a lot of unsubstantiated claims being made about the use of Sodium Lauryl Sulfate. Most concerning are reports of links between Cancer and SLS.
    A Cause of Cancer?
    At this point in time there is no scientific evidence that links the use of SLS to Cancer.
    There is healthy debate surrounding the topic of SLS and Cancer, however at this point in time there is no scientific evidence that links the two. This has also been backed up by the American Cancer Council along with the Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OHSA) and the National Toxicology Program (NTP).
    Although links to Cancer are unproven there are reports of side effects that have been published. One of them a 1983 report published by The American College of Toxicology (ACT) found that even relatively low concentrations, less than one-half percent, might result in harmful skin irritation.
    Higher concentrations were responsible for severe irritation and even corrosion of the skin. The International Journal of Toxicology also provides a safety assessment of SLS and recommends concentration levels of no more than 1% in products with prolonged use. This is disturbing when you consider a number of cleaning products have levels of SLS as high as between 10-20% and in extreme cases over 30%.
    In short, SLS can cause irritation of the scalp, gums and skin at just 1% and in some people the reaction will be quite strong.
    Last edited by ko6kin; 01-12-2018 at 06:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TvJunkie View Post
    @2toned sis, where have u been? how are u?
    Around. HRU?

Quote Originally Posted by ko6kin View Post
    Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (commonly known as SLS) is a widely used and inexpensive chemical found in many mainstream personal hygiene products such as shampoos, toothpastes, mouthwashes, bodywash, soaps, detergents and body wash, along with Sodium Laureth Sulfate (SLES) and Ammonium Laurel Sulfate (ALS).
    SLS is a detergent and surfactant which essentially means that it breaks surface tension and separates molecules in order to allow better interaction between the product and your hair. This in turn creates a lather which makes products such as shampoo and toothpaste more effective cleaners. So effective and so inexpensive is Sodium Lauryl Sulfate that it’s found in a number of industrial cleaning agents such as engine degreaser and industrial strength detergents. It’s also widely used as a skin irritant when testing products used to heal skin conditions.

IS SODIUM LAURYL SULFATE A DANGER?

There are conflicting reports published over the years and as a result a lot of unsubstantiated claims being made about the use of Sodium Lauryl Sulfate. Most concerning are reports of links between Cancer and SLS.
    A Cause of Cancer?
    At this point in time there is no scientific evidence that links the use of SLS to Cancer.
    There is healthy debate surrounding the topic of SLS and Cancer, however at this point in time there is no scientific evidence that links the two. This has also been backed up by the American Cancer Council along with the Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OHSA) and the National Toxicology Program (NTP).
    Although links to Cancer are unproven there are reports of side effects that have been published. One of them a 1983 report published by The American College of Toxicology (ACT) found that even relatively low concentrations, less than one-half percent, might result in harmful skin irritation.
    Higher concentrations were responsible for severe irritation and even corrosion of the skin. The International Journal of Toxicology also provides a safety assessment of SLS and recommends concentration levels of no more than 1% in products with prolonged use. This is disturbing when you consider a number of cleaning products have levels of SLS as high as between 10-20% and in extreme cases over 30%.
    In short, SLS can cause irritation of the scalp, gums and skin at just 1% and in some people the reaction will be quite strong.
    Sorry but his doesn't make sense anymore, as someone removed links to products i have posted...

13. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements