For healthy hair... here's my regimen!!! :) - Page 8

Thread: For healthy hair... here's my regimen!!! :)

  1. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by gymrat View Post
    Hows the smell on that product @Mazikeen?? And does it make your hair greasy at all?? You use it on dry hair or when your hair is wet?
    @gymrat it has an earthy, herbal smell. I use it on my edges during the week & as a deep treatment on wknds when I know I'll be indoors coz the smell is overpowering. First time I applied, it took 3 days for the smell to dissipate. A little goes a long way otherwise it makes the hair greasy. U can use on wet/dry hair.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #72
    Administrator gymrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Where The Sun Shines
    Posts
    33,230
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazikeen View Post
    @gymrat it has an earthy, herbal smell. I use it on my edges during the week & as a deep treatment on wknds when I know I'll be indoors coz the smell is overpowering. First time I applied, it took 3 days for the smell to dissipate. A little goes a long way otherwise it makes the hair greasy. U can use on wet/dry hair.
    Great info thanks so much @Mazikeen
    -Our attitude toward life determines life's attitude towards us-

  4. #73
    @2toned let me know how it works for you please.

    Ok I think my hairline is like almost 4.5. It's not good but it's passable. I think I would be a decent candidate for a transplant. I have a small, pointy head with a significant receding hairline at my temples along with traction alopecia at the front and I have thin hair on top of it. I was trying to find a comparison picture but most of the black women I saw have mostly just traction alopecia.


    2020 for me might have to be the year of the hairline

  5. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by gymrat View Post
    Great info thanks so much @Mazikeen
    urw sis,

  7. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by PinotNoir View Post
    @2toned let me know how it works for you please.

    Ok I think my hairline is like almost 4.5. It's not good but it's passable. I think I would be a decent candidate for a transplant. I have a small, pointy head with a significant receding hairline at my temples along with traction alopecia at the front and I have thin hair on top of it. I was trying to find a comparison picture but most of the black women I saw have mostly just traction alopecia.


    2020 for me might have to be the year of the hairline


    @PinotNoir wow sis, just throw the whole head away, j/k. Hair transplant will def help. I also have thin hair, I want to try spraying msm directly on my scalp to boost growth - msm powder diluted in distilled water - will see how it goes.

  8. #76
    @Mazikeen LOL right. Maybe I can ask for an exchange at Trader Scalps? haha

    oh wow. Have others tried it and it helped? I would like to take MSM but I don't want to risk breaking out. I finally reduced my breakouts this year and I don't want to complicate that.

  9. #77
    Has anyone tried derma rolling, Rogain, stinging nettle, NAC, MSM, Moringa, (sulfur powder, Megatek -on scalp). I have been taking the stinging nettle supplement once a day and NAC. I mix the MSM, Moringa, C powder, flaxseed, hemp seed, black seed oil, blueberries, garlic, and protein powder in a smoothie every morning since august 2019. I drink in a glass of water at night diatomaceous earth food grade (silicon). I have to keep cutting my nails they are growing very fast. I dermaroll 3 times a week.

    I wear my hair in Crochet braids monthly, I use an oil mixture on my scalp and edges. the mixture consist of essential oils like rosemary, bergamont, peppermint, castor oil, msm powder, nettle, nac, sea kelp, mustard oil, lavender, tea tree, just to name a few. So far my hair is growing where i have hair but the edges and bald area at the top hasn't grown, but i do have some peach fuzz which gives me hope that the edges are getting activated. I have scarring alopecia but i will never give up hope. i wasted my money two years ago one PRP injections with A-cell. You would think the derm would follow up with their patient to see if their was any improvement but i never received a phone call.

  10. #78
    @Purpledoll : wow. I have scarring alopecia in crown of head. My roof was gone, George Jefferson. I was depressed. I used onion juice 3x a week after watching videos from YouTube. 98% of my crown came back. Doctors said with scarring alopecia (centrifugal cicatricial alopecia aka CCA) the follicles are dead and there's no coming back from that. I felt ruined. Confused. Frustrated. Panicked. I now use red onion juice mixed with yellow onion juice. Grate or put fresh cut onions in blender. Get a cheese cloth or strong paper towel and squeeze juice out into bowl/jar/container/ spray bottle. Transfer juice into whichever would be easier to put onto scalp. Apply to scalp or problem area and massage in. Put shower cap/ plastic cap on so your own head would warm it up and penetrate. I sleep with it overnight. Now I incorporate the mixture with rice water and don't wash out after about 2 weeks. Sidebar: don't come near me. Lol. Someone in the comment section said and I quote, " Use onion juice in rice water for a month straight. Thank me later." So I'm trying this all over my head not just hairline and crown.

  11. #79
    @Purpledoll : please please please keep me updated on your progress with your topical and oral methods.

  12. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by PinotNoir View Post
    @Mazikeen LOL right. Maybe I can ask for an exchange at Trader Scalps? haha

    oh wow. Have others tried it and it helped? I would like to take MSM but I don't want to risk breaking out. I finally reduced my breakouts this year and I don't want to complicate that.
    @PinotNoir haha, reserve one for me. Haven`t done much research on the method but I'm hoping it will work since it has been helping my edges when I take it orally. Were u taking pills or the powder? Pills have too many fillers and prolly caused the breakout. Try the pure powder - my faves are Dr`s Best and Source naturals. Haven't had any issues with these 2 brands.

  13. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •