Skin Care Talk banner

For healthy hair... here's my regimen!!! :)

34K views 89 replies 13 participants last post by  2toned 
#1 ·
Hi sistas
All my stuff are found on Amazon.com

My best friend is this: Profectiv mega growth break free leave in strengthener. Awesome

Another good friend of mine is some empty spray bottles from my local Dollar Tree store.

My best "friends" are my recommendation to YOU :) lol so go get 'em.

Aight let me begin:
My treatment before i wash hair
Sulfur powder (1 tablespoon)
Biotin capsule (4 capsule)
Rosemary oil (4 drop)
Mix together put in hair massage then put plastic cap.

Shampoo hair with lightweight clear shampoo such as Pure&Natural rosemary mint paraben free Shampoo. RINSE
Then apply
Eden BodyWorks Coconut Shea Cleansing cowash. RINSE
Dry hair with 100% cotton towel.

DO LOC METHOD by:
Apply Profectiv mega growth ^mentioned above^
Put coconut oil to seal
Put moisturizing cream Design Essential deep moisture milk souffle. (Im all for natural hair products but i will do my own moisture cream soon..will update on that)
Then braid or twist my hair for the week.

Tips: stop putting heat on hair, stop combing hair everyday. Patience.

Ladies don't leave me hanging...please chime in

See less See more
#41 · (Edited)
here is my regimen:

Internally: I am drinking MSM with orange juice twice daily, multiple vitamin, pumkin seed oil, biotin, b 100, c, Nettle Leaf Root extract one a day, bamboo tea and nettle leaf tea mixed together 2 cups a day, oh i also take a probiotic that has amino acids for hair growth.

externally on scalp, rogain 5% foam twice a day, rosemary oil, peppermint oil, castor oil, birch oil, msm powder mixed in the oils, once daily.

I am starting to see little hairs growing on one side more then the other side. i have to cut my nails every 3 weeks they are growing very fast and strong. I will send update every month as I remember. Please google ingredients they are amazing for hair growth. I just started the internal supplements 8-21-19.

#44 ·
@2toned I have problems with my edges too. what have you been doing to improve it? Anything that works?

When I tell you my hairline is gone, I mean standing on the shoreline looking out at the ocean and can't tell where the horizon meets the ocean. (Yells: it's gone). I've tried everything. Currently using this product called The Ordinary hair density serum. September 20th will make 2months usage and I haven't seen the slightest change.

#60 ·
@Mazikeen @PinotNoir at least you two have edges. Fine or thin you still have. I have none. Here I thought you guys had the exact same issue as me. Kmt. At least you two can wear ponytails and braids. I can't do neither. Runs away
aww @2toned my advice is to start a gofundme for your edges. I'm sure if all sct members donate a handful of hair you'll soon be slaying those edges and stunting your babyhairs on the gram.

#61 ·
@2toned I'm sorry to hear about this honestly. I can only imagine what it must be like. I have shitty edges. I see some women on YouTube and i'm floored by how thick their hair is at the edge. I have traction alopecia as well as genetic receding hairline so i'm seriously considering getting a transplant in the future. There are a couple of products I want to try in the meantime though.

How do you style your hair? I can't wear braids like other black women because my hair is way too fine and thin. Even the ponytails stress them and It will further erode my edges. It's frustrating. I wear a thick hairband to cover my edges most of the time.

@Mazikeen :rotfl::rotfl:
What are in the Zuresh products that are helping your growth?

#64 ·
@2toned I'm sorry to hear about this honestly. I can only imagine what it must be like. I have shitty edges. I see some women on YouTube and i'm floored by how thick their hair is at the edge. I have traction alopecia as well as genetic receding hairline so i'm seriously considering getting a transplant in the future. There are a couple of products I want to try in the meantime though.

How do you style your hair? I can't wear braids like other black women because my hair is way too fine and thin. Even the ponytails stress them and It will further erode my edges. It's frustrating. I wear a thick hairband to cover my edges most of the time.

@Mazikeen :rotfl::rotfl:
What are in the Zuresh products that are helping your growth?
@PinotNoir I haven`t seen growth with the spray but I have maintained the growth I already had. Keeps them hydrated & moisturised. Been using it for 2 mths now and my edges are less brittle, also less shading & soft. The spray is a blend of hemp, black seed & olive oils. If you have traction alopecia then only a transplant will help. You could try prp treatments to stimulate growth but they can be a hit or miss & will set you back 2-3000$/treatment. Better to save & have the hair transplant.

#69 ·
@2toned Not it is not too much to ask for. Is your hairline like the video? mine is like that but more like a receding hairline :/ It was recommended to me, but I don't eat much rice so no chance in getting any. I was thinking of getting the Mega-Tek Rebuilder though.

That YT video! Its so conspicuous when they are first transplanted. That's the only thing im' worried about.. but it looks great at 5 months. I'm so sold on this

#73 ·
@2toned let me know how it works for you please.

Ok I think my hairline is like almost 4.5. It's not good but it's passable. I think I would be a decent candidate for a transplant. I have a small, pointy head with a significant receding hairline at my temples along with traction alopecia at the front and I have thin hair on top of it. I was trying to find a comparison picture but most of the black women I saw have mostly just traction alopecia.

2020 for me might have to be the year of the hairline :nixweiss:

#75 ·
@2toned let me know how it works for you please.

Ok I think my hairline is like almost 4.5. It's not good but it's passable. I think I would be a decent candidate for a transplant. I have a small, pointy head with a significant receding hairline at my temples along with traction alopecia at the front and I have thin hair on top of it. I was trying to find a comparison picture but most of the black women I saw have mostly just traction alopecia.

2020 for me might have to be the year of the hairline :nixweiss:

@PinotNoir wow sis, just throw the whole head away, j/k. Hair transplant will def help. I also have thin hair, I want to try spraying msm directly on my scalp to boost growth - msm powder diluted in distilled water - will see how it goes.

#80 ·
@Mazikeen LOL right. Maybe I can ask for an exchange at Trader Scalps? haha

oh wow. Have others tried it and it helped? I would like to take MSM but I don't want to risk breaking out. I finally reduced my breakouts this year and I don't want to complicate that.
@PinotNoir haha, reserve one for me. Haven`t done much research on the method but I'm hoping it will work since it has been helping my edges when I take it orally. Were u taking pills or the powder? Pills have too many fillers and prolly caused the breakout. Try the pure powder - my faves are Dr`s Best and Source naturals. Haven't had any issues with these 2 brands.

#77 ·
Has anyone tried derma rolling, Rogain, stinging nettle, NAC, MSM, Moringa, (sulfur powder, Megatek -on scalp). I have been taking the stinging nettle supplement once a day and NAC. I mix the MSM, Moringa, C powder, flaxseed, hemp seed, black seed oil, blueberries, garlic, and protein powder in a smoothie every morning since august 2019. I drink in a glass of water at night diatomaceous earth food grade (silicon). I have to keep cutting my nails they are growing very fast. I dermaroll 3 times a week.

I wear my hair in Crochet braids monthly, I use an oil mixture on my scalp and edges. the mixture consist of essential oils like rosemary, bergamont, peppermint, castor oil, msm powder, nettle, nac, sea kelp, mustard oil, lavender, tea tree, just to name a few. So far my hair is growing where i have hair but the edges and bald area at the top hasn't grown, but i do have some peach fuzz which gives me hope that the edges are getting activated. I have scarring alopecia but i will never give up hope. i wasted my money two years ago one PRP injections with A-cell. You would think the derm would follow up with their patient to see if their was any improvement but i never received a phone call.

#78 ·
@Purpledoll: wow. I have scarring alopecia in crown of head. My roof was gone, George Jefferson. I was depressed. I used onion juice 3x a week after watching videos from YouTube. 98% of my crown came back. Doctors said with scarring alopecia (centrifugal cicatricial alopecia aka CCA) the follicles are dead and there's no coming back from that. I felt ruined. Confused. Frustrated. Panicked. I now use red onion juice mixed with yellow onion juice. Grate or put fresh cut onions in blender. Get a cheese cloth or strong paper towel and squeeze juice out into bowl/jar/container/ spray bottle. Transfer juice into whichever would be easier to put onto scalp. Apply to scalp or problem area and massage in. Put shower cap/ plastic cap on so your own head would warm it up and penetrate. I sleep with it overnight. Now I incorporate the mixture with rice water and don't wash out after about 2 weeks. Sidebar: don't come near me. Lol. Someone in the comment section said and I quote, " Use onion juice in rice water for a month straight. Thank me later." So I'm trying this all over my head not just hairline and crown.

#81 ·
@Purpledoll: wow. I have scarring alopecia in crown of head. My roof was gone, George Jefferson. I was depressed. I used onion juice 3x a week after watching videos from YouTube. 98% of my crown came back. Doctors said with scarring alopecia (centrifugal cicatricial alopecia aka CCA) the follicles are dead and there's no coming back from that. I felt ruined. Confused. Frustrated. Panicked. I now use red onion juice mixed with yellow onion juice. Grate or put fresh cut onions in blender. Get a cheese cloth or strong paper towel and squeeze juice out into bowl/jar/container/ spray bottle. Transfer juice into whichever would be easier to put onto scalp. Apply to scalp or problem area and massage in. Put shower cap/ plastic cap on so your own head would warm it up and penetrate. I sleep with it overnight. Now I incorporate the mixture with rice water and don't wash out after about 2 weeks. Sidebar: don't come near me. Lol. Someone in the comment section said and I quote, " Use onion juice in rice water for a month straight. Thank me later." So I'm trying this all over my head not just hairline and crown.
@2toned Interesting...do you apply everyday 2 wks straight or just once? How do u incorporate the shower cap into your daily routine? Thank You!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.