Skin Care Talk banner

I love Triluma (using for two years) but now my dermo wont refill my prescription!?

55K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  Tinoandmejg 
#1 ·
I am 32 and have very good skin, except for the sun spots. I get them on my forhead, my temples, nose, and cheeks.

Triluma will take any spots away in a few days. I love it. It does make me pale, but I use self tanner.

Anyways, I am model so I cant have spots on my face. I needed a refill because I am out, and it works on me.

He gave me Differin (and I have never had acne in my life) and Aveeno spf 30 (?) daily lotion. Not sure how this can save my face....

My dermo said that using triluma should only be for 6 months and that he wouldn't give me any more. He said that I can go get laser done (ya right!) when I get the spots and that using triluma long term will cause rosacea.

Is this true?

So I asked him what should I do? He said to just wear zinc and stay out of the sun. (Um..I live in Las Vegas, work outside occasionally and already wear zinc..not going to happen)

What are your opinions?

Thanks!
lvgirl

See less See more
#4 ·
hi,
I am not sure what is in it that would cause thinness and rosacea??? I do not use Retin-A, but Roc products or Neutrogena..with low doses of Retinol (dermo never asked me about this)

I just know it works so well and fast on me. I am going to try the skinceuticals C and E serum, got a sample on ebay, and heard it does help fade skin.

#5 ·
tri-luma is a very good medicine,my derm prescribe me this in 2005,i had very bad spots in my face,it's high in cost to..lol!that cream work so very fast on me.my dermatologist told me to apply on my whole face&neck,because if i had just put in only on the spots,i would have halo hypopigmentaion,so i apply like he told me,i got very light in complexion,from brown to light high yellow,pale looking....

#9 ·
Lighten and lift- you have no idea who I am or what my money situation is. That comment was irrelevant. I am asking if Differin will fade sun spots too. I do know that Tri-luma thins skin now, so want to try something else.
Like I mentioned, my dermo gave me Differin and Aveeno moisturizer and said this will fade sun spots.

#10 ·
dont be so snappy, Differin along with some HQ 4% (which was in Triluma) and sunblock will give you pretty much the same results as Triluma without thinning or compromising the integrity of your skin over the long run. You can get HQ 4% from superskinstore@gmail.com or alldaychemist.com, it is a skin lightening that fades sun spots, working synergistically with the differin to produce greater clarity.

#11 ·
Actually, my thoughts are if you live in Las Vegas........you need much more than a SPF 30. You better bump that SPF up and apply it often or you will have more spots than you will know what to do with!!!

#13 ·
Here's the results of a study that was done with Triluma:

Am J Dermatopathol. 2009 Sep 7. [Epub ahead of print]
A Histological Examination for Skin Atrophy After 6 Months of Treatment With Fluocinolone Acetonide 0.01%, Hydroquinone 4%, and Tretinoin 0.05% Cream.

Bhawan J, Grimes P, Pandya AG, Keady M, Byers HR, Guevara IL, Colón LE, Johnson LA, Gottschalk R.

From the *Dermatopathology Section, Department of Dermatology, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA; daggerThe Vitiligo and Pigmentation Institute of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA; double daggerDepartment of Dermatology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX; and section signGalderma Laboratories, L.P., Fort Worth, TX.

Melasma is a common disorder affecting a significant percentage of the population, particularly those with skin of color. Therapy with hydroquinone, a depigmenting agent, as a single agent or in combination with other agents has been used with variable success. A triple-combination (TC) cream combining hydroquinone 4% with tretinoin 0.05% and fluocinolone acetonide 0.01% was developed for the treatment of melasma. We studied the use of TC cream for 24 weeks and had tissue samples for all time points in 62 patients with moderate to severe melasma. The atrophogenic potential of TC cream was evaluated through serial histopathologic examination of skin biopsies. No statistically significant histopathologic signs of atrophy of the epidermis or dermis were noted at any time point throughout the study. There was a marked reduction in epidermal melanin in treated subjects; however, we did not observe any significant difference in baseline and treated samples in the amount of perivascular inflammatory infiltrate, dermal mucin, keratinocyte and melanocyte atypia, or mast cells, consistent with findings of previous studies where topical retinoids were used. An increase in the mean number of blood vessels per square millimeter of tissue was observed in 2 study cohorts between baseline and week 24. These results suggest that the risk of skin atrophy with 24-week use of TC cream for the treatment of melasma is very low.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.