The Beginner's Guide to Skin Lightening - NEWBIES START HERE! - Page 11

Thread: The Beginner's Guide to Skin Lightening - NEWBIES START HERE!

Arrow you said you do experiments on yourself? What skin shade are you and what were you? Also I really hope you delve in depth with MSM. Their is this publication which really stood out to me along with similar ones sharing same thing but apparently you can lighten 1-2 Fitzpatrick shades! The person had same skin shade of Flitz 4 as me maybe darker and got to a light olive Flitz 3. It showed the dosages and everything.

i can't post links but if you google msm skin lightening publication it's the first one

To me this is amazing as MSM since its hella cheap. The person weighed around 100 pounds so I'd prob need to take a lil more as I'm 6'1 130 pounds. And also I don't think you can overdose on it either which is nice. Your scaley shade says I'm Flitz 2 or 3 even tho I'm pretty positive I'm 4 . But the app is really fantastic and was extremely impressed on how far you have came. I also can't wait for your approach on steroid creams because I myself am quite ignorant to them. I mean are all steroid creams even bad? Heck idk? I mean nobody wants Mercury but hey theirs a lot of types.

Also so personally I wanna do something about my dark undereyes. This is different then my lightening journey I'm studying up on. I have raccoon eyes lol. What do you think I should do. Their darker than my normal light brown skin tone to a normal brown which throws off my face. Thanks so much arrow I respect your efforts on this forum a lot. I'm sure others do as many viewers don't have accounts who lurk like I used to

2. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

I loved that you went in depth on certain things. I screenshot a lot of the information that I want to remember for daily memory.
    I have questions about product order and layering. I been reading a lot on SCT and get confused. I just don't want to make any mistakes and make sure I have a good routine

So once I shower with my soap with my exfoliating glove. I would then put on my amlatic lotion. Then put on Coco butter lotion or Bio Oil on after when just exfoliating. Also is it ok for me to put on Bio oil after the amlactic lotion?

Once I include a lightener which will be in a few weeks once I figure out what product I want to order first xD I been eyeing Makari.

My routine would be shower, amlatic lotion, lightener lotion, serum(Vit C or IKB) ?I just want to be sure on everything I'm doing and plan on doing.

Everything is is done twice a day. But I can't remember is it amlactic or lightener that you don't do in the am?

Everyone has their own routine and regiment. I read so many that I confuse my own self. Then I end up doubting or comparing. Lawd

@Bloo Wonderful, I'll follow your journey
    @sexysisi Soon lol
    @Dazed I'm glad this helped you, and to answer your question I'm several shades lighter than when I started I'm going to write up sections on MSM, GSH, etc real soon, which you may find helpful as well. Never do mercury, as it's also a neurotoxin. Steroids are a little more tricky, but I'll cover it in depth soon. As for dark eye circles, it depends on the cause, I'd recommend speaking to a derm about it.
    @Dior I'm glad it helped you, be careful not to over-exfoliate I'm not sure about bio oil, but the ordering looks ok. You can use lactic acid and lighteners during the day, but you need to be extra mindful of the sun.
    https://www.skincaretalk.com/showthread.php/58162-The-Beginner-s-Guide-to-Skin-Lightening-NEWBIES-START-HERE!

5. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

@arrow are you not taking anything like Vitamin C, glutathione or MSM? I take Vitamin C @ 2000 mg but not sure if it is really even behind my lightening. I kind of feel like since I'm lightening without those I am OK. Thoughts?
    @Dazed try using Vitamin K under your eyes, stay hydrated, get enough sleep and make sure your under eye area is well moisturized. Also wear UVA/UVB sunglasses and use sunscreen. Is that you in the photo? I can't see raccoon eyes honestly...
    Last edited by slayanna; 10-09-2016 at 05:06 AM.
    My fave threads: Hidden Content https://www.skincaretalk.com/showthread.php/52625-HOW-I-GOT-MY-KNUCKLES-ON-FLEEK-(pic)

@slayanna Most of oral glutathione is broken down, which leaves me with the rectal or IV route, so not really lol. Oral vitamin C will help, although it is unclear just how much (there are many factors at play here). Oral MSM, not much research on it, so I don't take it. I'll write sections on these eventually for those who are interested.
    https://www.skincaretalk.com/showthread.php/58162-The-Beginner-s-Guide-to-Skin-Lightening-NEWBIES-START-HERE!

@arrow.. Once again your amazing.. thanks for the info... also you said several shades.. your starting and current shade? And I think I remember your combo lightening choice was AHA THEN DIY HQ AND KA ON BREAKS?

Quote Originally Posted by arrow View Post
    @slayanna Most of oral glutathione is broken down, which leaves me with the rectal or IV route, so not really lol. Oral vitamin C will help, although it is unclear just how much (there are many factors at play here). Oral MSM, not much research on it, so I don't take it. I'll write sections on these eventually for those who are interested.
    @arrow I finally found a physician that will do glutathione IV for me at an affordable rate. The problem I am having is that I have been doing a lot of research on glutathione but have no clue about what to ask the doctor so I can get optimal skin lightening. I know you are in the science field so any advice would be appreciated. I have been trying to look through journal articles but found none that were helpful. Please see the one below - it basically says glutathione for lightening is bad because you end up with less sun protection and hence exposed to more sun damage? But that doesn't make sense unless someone became extremely pale...I really think we need a good guide for glutathione in general...

Background. Glutathione (GSH) is the most abundant naturally occurring non-protein thiol that protects mammalian cells from oxidative stress. Intravenous (IV) GSH for skin lightening is advertised by clinics in South Africa and internationally online, yet to date no published review on the subject exists.

Methods. We conducted a MEDLINE search (to 30 September 2015) of GSH use for skin lightening and of all indications in medicine, to evaluate its safety.
    Results. Two controlled clinical trials (GSH capsules: 60 patients; 2% glutathione disulphide lotion: 30 patients) and a case series (GSH lozenges: 30 patients) reported a significantly decreased melanin index. A case series (GSH soap: 15 patients) reported skin lightening based on photography. Two systematic reviews of IV GSH for preventing chemo-induced toxicity and a third review of adjuvant therapy for Parkinson's disease altogether included 10 trials. Most trials reported either no or minimal GSH adverse effects, but all had treatment durations of a few doses (IV) or 4 - 12 weeks. No study reported long-term IV GSH use.
    Conclusion. In spite of widespread reported use, there are no studies of IV GSH use for skin lightening or of its safety for chronic use (for any indication). The switch from brown to red melanin production may increase the risk of sun-induced skin cancers in previously protected individuals. Regulatory assessment of systemic GSH administration for cosmetic use by the Medicines Control Council seems urgently warranted to protect consumers from potential side-effects and from complications of IV infusions. This is especially concerning because of reports of GSH bought online. Effective topical GSH may be useful for hyper pigmented skin disorders, but this requires scientific scrutiny. The debate on the merits of cosmetic skin lightening is best handled by multidisciplinary teams.
    My fave threads: Hidden Content https://www.skincaretalk.com/showthread.php/52625-HOW-I-GOT-MY-KNUCKLES-ON-FLEEK-(pic)

Quote Originally Posted by slayanna View Post
    @arrow I finally found a physician that will do glutathione IV for me at an affordable rate. The problem I am having is that I have been doing a lot of research on glutathione but have no clue about what to ask the doctor so I can get optimal skin lightening. I know you are in the science field so any advice would be appreciated. I have been trying to look through journal articles but found none that were helpful. Please see the one below - it basically says glutathione for lightening is bad because you end up with less sun protection and hence exposed to more sun damage? But that doesn't make sense unless someone became extremely pale...I really think we need a good guide for glutathione in general...
    There's no research AFAIK that talks about optimal dosage for skin lightening per kilogram of bodyweight. It's something I've been looking into. I will tell you that diet becomes a very important factor while on GSH, as any skin lightening occurs after your liver has its full share of GSH. You need to eat healthy, i.e. reduce consumption of junk food, no more alcohol, etc. As for the statement about skin cancer, it is correct -- when you lower your melanin quantity, you are at greater risk for skin cancer. The same statement applies to all of skin lightening, whether you use creams or use gluta IV.

Quote Originally Posted by John-Dave View Post
    @arrow.. Once again your amazing.. thanks for the info... also you said several shades.. your starting and current shade? And I think I remember your combo lightening choice was AHA THEN DIY HQ AND KA ON BREAKS?
    The face, NW43 (severe permatan) to around NC30. I was born light, however, and my forearm is around NC25.

I use amlactin every other night to aid with my lightening. I use HQ in cycles, and I used to use KA on my breaks, but now I use KA continously and introduce hydroquinone for 4 months a cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by arrow View Post
    There's no research AFAIK that talks about optimal dosage for skin lightening per kilogram of bodyweight. It's something I've been looking into. I will tell you that diet becomes a very important factor while on GSH, as any skin lightening occurs after your liver has its full share of GSH. You need to eat healthy, i.e. reduce consumption of junk food, no more alcohol, etc. As for the statement about skin cancer, it is correct -- when you lower your melanin quantity, you are at greater risk for skin cancer. The same statement applies to all of skin lightening, whether you use creams or use gluta IV.
    I know no journals probably even want to publish on this topic because they are worried people will go do something unsafe, The doctor I'm going to is Chinese and he has a lot of Asian patients come to him for lightening. I will talk to him and will tell you what I find out. Does gluta give a pale look or does it just lighten? And thanks I am already a vegetarian and eat clean but will do so even more if I'm on glutathione.

13. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements