Skin Care Talk banner

Am i worthy for a TCA peel ?

28K views 17 replies 4 participants last post by  niniola 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I've been on my 3rd home-peeling session with 40%LA+30%GA peel. Here is my severely tanned skin :-
Face Hair Neck Chin Skin

Face Skin Lip Chin Neck

I'm aged 21 male of indian origin living in india and my goal is to just match my skintones and have even skin. I don't wanna lighten my skin, i don't think it's necessary. So if you any experienced TCA user can recommend me if TCA 15% peel is okay since im naturally not Fitz IV-VI person, my face is. I've been doing my LA40%+GA30% peels recently and wanna speed up the process since it's like 20 years of perma-tan and it's embarassing & affecting my social life soo much i avoid conversations with people such like that. Can i jump from LA40%+GA30% to TCA 15% for faster results ? Till now i haven't got PIH with peels

Thanks
DP

See less See more
#2 ·
I would reach out to those at MUAC, send these photos to them, they would be best to give you advice on which peel would work best for your situation. Being that you are exposed to intense sun, I would worry about using TCA. Also, 20 years worth of permatan is going to take some time to remove. It didn't happen overnight, therefore, it won't be removed over night. It will take some work at, so be patient!!

Here is the contact info for MUAC.
https://www.makeupartistschoice.com/crm.asp?action=contactus

#3 ·
@gymrat Thank you gymmie, So nice of you. I also contacted the MUAC email with the pics. Waiting for their reply. Can you tell me how deep my tan is and are TCA peels worthy and gimme fast results ? I'm done with LA and wanna jump to GA but when i saw TCA peels, i was amazed by it's strength and some member told you can remove your permatan within 2-4 weeks if used properly. I need your thoughts about it

Thanks

#4 ·
Your 3 shades deep. Peels dont just work like that. No need for tca its risky. Go onto GA peel. Introduce skin lightening products after ur ga peel is finished. Do u want HQ products or Kojic Acid or Arbutin products? My neck was darkk i did no peels and was able to lighten to the rest of my chest with Arbutin&kojic products. @Dark&Proud

#5 ·
There you have it ^^^ @Dark&Proud. Jennycutie gave you some good advice!!

Although 15% TCA is on the lower strength spectrum its still an intense peel. I would not recommend using TCA on your neck regardless of the %. Such a sensitive area to begin with. Before jumping on the TCA wagon, consider using GA. Its a bit stronger than LA. Or try the Fade Peel.

Hope this helps, and of course, your very welcome!! Do let me know what MUAC recommends!!

#6 · (Edited)
@JennyCutie Hello! Thanks for taking up your time to reply to this thread, Wonderful!.Before your advice i thought of like using a HQ cream for 1 month to halt melanin growth for not getting PIH and then do a TCA 15% peel with a cortisone cream for treating inflammation. But now As you said I'll try for a higher concentration of GA peel for 6 peels because I'm now using 40%LA+30%GA till 3rd peel and still have to see results. After 6th peel ill give a break to build my skin for a month and then start with like 40% or 50% GA as per your advice.

Regarding skin lightening, I just wanna have a even skintone matching my chest colour so i just try to lighten with non-HQ products and see if i need HQ or not. I'm using Likas papaya soap and tell me if Kojie San soap is better than Likas Papaya ?

Regards
DP

P.S 3 shades deep ? did you refer it from Fitzpatrick scale or MAC shade. Regarding MAC shade i think my neck is 7 shades darker (NW47) and face is NW45 compared to my chest which is NW40. Sorry for asking too many questions

#7 ·
@gymrat Hello, The guys from MUAC just said the same as you. Here is the response i got from MUAC

Thank you for your note and photos. We would not recommend using TCA as some clients with darker skin tones can experience darkening of the skin with TCA.
Our Fade Peel can be used to help reduce your hyperpigmentation concerns. It will take a number of efforts, but honestly we cannot tell you how many times you would need to use the peel. Each skin type is quite unique and the penetration of a permatan is also going to be different for each individual. Use the Fade Peel once a week for 8-10 weeks and then assess the results.
Use with a gentle, acid-free cleanser and moisturizer with the chemical peel. From our line, we recommend the Green Tea Pomegranate Cleanser and our 100% Argan Oil for non-comedogenic moisture.Discontinue use of all products containing any acids, scrubs, Retinoids and Vitamin C for 24 hours before, the day of and 24 hours after the Fade Peel.
Use our Micro Polish w/botanical lighteners 3-4 times a week in between your Fade Peel to gently polish and lighten areas of concern. Our Micro Polish cream is formulated with the same crystals used by doctors and is infused with botanical lighteners. Do not use on the day of the chemical peel.

Let us know if you have any further questions.
Have a wonderful day!

#8 ·
Hi! Products: G&G teint uniforme cream
Kojie san kojic acid soap (i recommend it)
IKB brightening gel
Precious brightening serum
Find these products on ebay/amazon.

The shade i gave you was just what i thought as i observed ur skin.maybe it is 7 shades. But dont worry it will lighten.

Be cautious with kojie san soap. Dont use it during peels. Buy shea butter to moisturize and heal your neck/face.
Get those products after your current la+ga peel you dont even have to move to 40/50% ga peel.

#10 ·
@JennyCutie Hello, Thank you for replying. Wonderful product recommendations, will try all of these. Can i lighten 7 shade and bring my even-skintone matching my face just by exfoliation alone or this can be done with the help of a lightener only ? My ultimate goal is the match is skin-tones of my face,neck to that of my chest. I need to go to college regularly so i needed an exfoliation regime which require no downtime. Can i jump to GA 40% 50% once i done with this GA30%+LA40% peel ?

#11 ·
I do agree with MUAC, TCA is too risky. I honestly would try the Fade Peel, you just need to know that your perma didn't appear over night and its not going to be removed over night. It's going to take some work and some effort and it may take a few months. But do have faith that it can improve!!

#12 ·
@gymrat So i think i need to exfoliate for a whole year to see results with GA or Fade peel. Okay , I'm naturally patient and persistent person so it wont be a problem. However. 1 year of exfoliation with Glycolic acid is too much skin shed i think. How should i devise my exfoliating-only regime ? Like for 2 months go hard on exfoliation and 2 months take time to skin build and 2 months go hard exfo and rest 2 months go easy like that ? Also adding a lightener will help me ? I just think exfoliation will only match my skin shades and no use in applying lighteners in those layer of dead skin. I need your opinion

Regards
DP

#13 ·
@gymrat So i think i need to exfoliate for a whole year to see results with GA or Fade peel. Okay , I'm naturally patient and persistent person so it wont be a problem. However. 1 year of exfoliation with Glycolic acid is too much skin shed i think. How should i devise my exfoliating-only regime ? Like for 2 months go hard on exfoliation and 2 months take time to skin build and 2 months go hard exfo and rest 2 months go easy like that ? Also adding a lightener will help me ? I just think exfoliation will only match my skin shades and no use in applying lighteners in those layer of dead skin. I need your opinion

Regards
DP
Using the fade peel will only boost your exfoliating process. No need to wait you can use that now if you want too.

#14 ·
@gymrat Thank you gymrat.I'm decided on 40% GA as i'm already using KA from the kojie san soap so i don't think i need Fade peel. Just assuming i need more higher strength of GA % for results.These are the inputs i need. Will stay updated on the forum and share my results.

Regards
DP

#15 ·
How is it going hunie @Dark&Proud
Isnt 40% ga too high? So kojie soap is all u have? What about a lightening cream/lotion?

A unrefined butter like cocoa or shea is essential to build your neck skin and make it elastin and healthy

#16 ·
@JennyCutie Hello, No hun. I'm on my 30%GA+40%LA weekly peels. 5th peel on and still no result so i think 40% GA will be okay on my skin.Before i was like freaking frustrated like thought of trying 15% TCA but now i fear it might cause me more trouble than good. I'll go with GA for a year to see for changes. Which is the most effective dealer of peels. MUAC or Skincare Obsession. I prefer skincare obsession for affordability. What do you think about it. Aw, i love the skin tone of pharrell Williams. That is my dream tone <3

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.