Broken heart

Thread: Broken heart

Unhappy Broken heart

Hi guys,
    I don't know what to write to be honest. But I'm sure this is the right place. I have met a guy and fell in love with him. But we couldn't get on together. We had been through a lot and we annoyed each other. But even though I still loved him and I think he does. The guy used to work in the same college where I study and then he moved to another place. During that time I decided to give myself time to get to know myself and work on myself. I just wanted to change things and habits that no longer helping me. I did and worked well with me and I felt happier and calmer and more ready to meet him again with no headache. But guess what happened? The guy got engaged! A friend told me today, that he got engaged! It was a shock for me! I still that I can't believe it. I regret all that time when he was very close to me and because all of my issues it didn't work out. What is upsetting me most is how I was behaving with him. I feel bad when I think about it. And I'm still in shock! Please advice me.

2. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Maryyy View Post
    Hi guys,
    I don't know what to write to be honest. But I'm sure this is the right place. I have met a guy and fell in love with him. But we couldn't get on together. We had been through a lot and we annoyed each other. But even though I still loved him and I think he does. The guy used to work in the same college where I study and then he moved to another place. During that time I decided to give myself time to get to know myself and work on myself. I just wanted to change things and habits that no longer helping me. I did and worked well with me and I felt happier and calmer and more ready to meet him again with no headache. But guess what happened? The guy got engaged! A friend told me today, that he got engaged! It was a shock for me! I still that I can't believe it. I regret all that time when he was very close to me and because all of my issues it didn't work out. What is upsetting me most is how I was behaving with him. I feel bad when I think about it. And I'm still in shock! Please advice me.
    First of all, please calm down and just breathe... The fact that when you guys were together it didn't work out well is a huge sign. From what I can see you felt much better WERE much better when you were apart. A good partner is supposed to bring out the best in you especially when you are both TOGETHER you are supposed to complement each other and make up for each other's shortcomings.
    The fact that he has gotten engaged shows that isn't the one for you, never was, since he couldn't wait for you and work things out.
    I know it's not easy but you need to try and get over it one step at a time. This heart break is only a battle scar and you will come out of this phase stronger, better and wiser than before.
    In addition, never stop working on yourself. loving yourself and doing things that will make you happy. Surround yourself with those that love you, what are your hobbies? Focus more on them and do things you love doing and push away all negative thoughts. Trust me you will come out perfectly okay and you will find love again.

Quote Originally Posted by miss valerie View Post
    First of all, please calm down and just breathe... The fact that when you guys were together it didn't work out well is a huge sign. From what I can see you felt much better WERE much better when you were apart. A good partner is supposed to bring out the best in you especially when you are both TOGETHER you are supposed to complement each other and make up for each other's shortcomings.
    The fact that he has gotten engaged shows that isn't the one for you, never was, since he couldn't wait for you and work things out.
    I know it's not easy but you need to try and get over it one step at a time. This heart break is only a battle scar and you will come out of this phase stronger, better and wiser than before.
    In addition, never stop working on yourself. loving yourself and doing things that will make you happy. Surround yourself with those that love you, what are your hobbies? Focus more on them and do things you love doing and push away all negative thoughts. Trust me you will come out perfectly okay and you will find love again.
    @Maryyy this is the best advice anyone can give you in this situation. If it is the will of God trust me it would have been. I know love is a pretty complicated thing sometimes but try your best to keep your mind and sight on God and be happy and let go.

Quote Originally Posted by miss valerie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Maryyy View Post
    Hi guys,
    Thank you so much miss valerie, thats so true. It is a sign that we are not for each other. I had this feeling before but everytime I was convenicing myself that we are. I will keep working on myself and that's was a good lesson for me to change the bad habits and patterns within me. I'm aware now of myself and my mistakes in the past and I won't let it happen again. I have learned a lot from that experience and that's a good point. Without that failed relationship I wouldn't know myself and I wouldn't become aware of my mistakes and issues. Seriously, I feel that I have changed a lot through that. It might sounds mad but I don't feel very bad. I will keep work on myself physically and emotionally to be the best of me. And I really feel that I love myself more than anytime before! But I still need to work on that more as sometimes I don't really value myself. I promise from now on I will put myself at first, and then anyone else. Thank you so much guys!! Your supports and help is very appreciated. You helped me to see the truth otherwise I would look at another side.

@Maryyy , it was good to go with your guts, it was not meant to be, I promise you, yours will come. Keep working on yourself

@Maryyy no need to thank me dear. That's why we are here , to help and support each other. Keep working on yourself and love yourself and soon the right man will love you for it.

time must have made it heal by now

Hi,
    The fact that you allowed yourself to make change and you did felt happier that means you can live without him so you should allow yourself to let go of the feelings you have for him.

10. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements