Skin Care Talk banner

Kassy's Vit C Recipe - Order Quantities?

16K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  gymrat 
#1 ·
I need buying advice. I'm trying to determine how much of each ingredient (Sea Kelp Bioferment, Ferulic Acid and L-Ascorbic Acid) to buy to make a "kit" (for lack of a better word). How many ounces of each should I buy so that I don't end up with waayyy too much of one and "oh dang, I should have bought more" of another. I realize that the products may not stack perfectly evenly, but close would be good. Am I making any sense?

#2 ·
Yes making perfect sense.........if this makes it easier to understand, you use 1 tsp of a carrier oil, SKB, and LAA. You use a small amount 1/4 tsp of Vit E, FA and Vodka. So for those you don't need much. I order my SKB and FA from Bulkactives, the rest from Lotioncrafters and or Makingcosmetics. The oils I use are from various places as I switch them up often.

#4 ·
Your very welcome. Glad I could help.......have any other questions just ask :thumbsup: I do remember you purchasing things to make a C serum and never did........if you order your ingredients, I will walk you through the process, super easy and so worthwhile!!

#5 · (Edited)
What do you mean? You remember me ordering from way back when? What a memory! Or you pulled up my transcripts of past posts and comments. I don't even remember how long ago it was, but I did buy the stuff. Sadly, I was too intimidated to break it out and experiment. So, it all sat in a lonely dark shoe box way in the back of my bathroom cabinet. I have it sitting here as we speak. I'm going to do it this time, though. Wish these products I have were still usable. I've even got 100 pH strips! (smh) Oh well. I'm making my shopping list and taking notes, etc... I'll order this weekend and go for it. I'll hit you up if I need any more advice. Thank you my dear!!!

#6 ·
Yep, ......out of sight out of mind, it happens!! Look at what you ordered then check the shelf life for them, some may still be good. Especially if stored in a dark cool place, so do check before you toss them. Your pH strips will for sure be fine, as long as they've stayed away from moisture.

#8 ·
@gymrat can you help me DIY a vitamin c serum?? What do I need to purchase??
@GlowyGoddess002 YES I CAN!!

1 tsp Vit C -Makingcosmetics, Lotioncrafters, Bulkactives
1 tsp Oil of your choice just be sure its 100% pure oil no other oils mixed with it.
1/4 tsp Ferulic Acid-Lotioncrafters, Bulkactives
1/8-1/4 tsp Poly 80, Makingcosmetic, Lotioncrafters, Bulkactives
3 tsps Distilled water local grocery store, same water you would use in your iron.
1 tsp SKB Bulkactives, Lotioncrafters
1/4 tsp Vit E Lotioncrafters, Bulkactives
1/4 tsp Vodka Highest proof you can find and you can use sample bottles if you need too only needs a little bit. Keep it in the freezer!!

1 Droppler bottle

Mix in shot glass #1 your Vit C and distilled water
Mix in shot glass #2 your oils and SKB
Mix in shot glass #3 FA and Vodka

Once your things have dissolved mix the all together in shot glass #1, mix well. I use a milk frother to mix mine but use what you have. Pour in your bottle and give a good shake works too.

Ask all the questions you need too!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.