Interviews
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Thread: Interviews

  1. #1

    Interviews

    Hi everyone,

    So I'm trying to move on from my job after recently graduating. I have two degrees and some experience under my belt. I've established a great background, only problem is my personality doesn't match what I've accomplished. I'm running into a lot of phone interviews and I work myself up to get nervous where my mind draws a blank and I can't say what I want to say. I've practice and practice but to no avail I don't make it to the next step. Are there any tips or suggestions that you would like to give me? I just don't want to continue blowing every opportunity I run into. I'm getting frustrated with myself and the job search.
    Never made it as a wise man
    I couldn't cut it as a poor man stealing
    Tired of living like a blind man
    I'm sick of sight without a sense of feeling

  2. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Administrator gymrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Where The Sun Shines
    Posts
    33,210
    Great to see you @bronzedoll congrats on graduating that alone is a huge accomplishment.

    Don't get worked up over the interviews, try taking a few deep breaths and remind yourself things will fall into place. Sometimes, it just takes time.......if you are worked up it will show through the phone interviews. Try talking with confidence, even if you don't have it, fake it!! Talk with authority, not loud, but firm, be matter of fact. You don't want to talk quiet and shy, but firm and clear. When asked a questions, be sure your not answering with one word answers, try elaborating a bit, but not to much. Think about trying to sell yourself, explain every reason why they should want to hire you, know you are worthy and worth it!!

    The more practice you have the easier it will get for you!! Write all your facts on a piece of paper, job history, experience, etc. Be ready and nail it the next time, I know you can do it!! Don't give up!!
    -Our attitude toward life determines life's attitude towards us-

  4. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by gymrat View Post
    Great to see you @bronzedoll congrats on graduating that alone is a huge accomplishment.

    Don't get worked up over the interviews, try taking a few deep breaths and remind yourself things will fall into place. Sometimes, it just takes time.......if you are worked up it will show through the phone interviews. Try talking with confidence, even if you don't have it, fake it!! Talk with authority, not loud, but firm, be matter of fact. You don't want to talk quiet and shy, but firm and clear. When asked a questions, be sure your not answering with one word answers, try elaborating a bit, but not to much. Think about trying to sell yourself, explain every reason why they should want to hire you, know you are worthy and worth it!!

    The more practice you have the easier it will get for you!! Write all your facts on a piece of paper, job history, experience, etc. Be ready and nail it the next time, I know you can do it!! Don't give up!!

    Hey Gymrat!

    It's great to be back. You always have good advice. I always try to keep my resume on hand along with notes I've prepared to answer some of the questions I think they may ask. But for some reason I always fumble. I hope that I can be more confident. Thank you for your advice, it's always appreciated.
    Never made it as a wise man
    I couldn't cut it as a poor man stealing
    Tired of living like a blind man
    I'm sick of sight without a sense of feeling

  5. #4
    SCT Elite AIME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    IN MY SKIN
    Posts
    4,376
    Hi there @bronzedoll

    Congrats on your achievements.Takes alot of commitment and you definitely deserve the best of payback and reward.

    Mine is simple hun - PRAY ... Prayer solves alot and enables much. At times after you've done your best , let God in to do the rest. Try it and see. All the best.
    "LET BROTHERLY LOVE CONTINUE : Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous, bragging or proud. Love is not rude, selfish or easily angered. Love trusts, forgives, forgets & never gives up on people. LOVE SHOULD NEVER END" ... 1 COR. 13:4-8

  6. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by AIME View Post
    Hi there @bronzedoll

    Congrats on your achievements.Takes alot of commitment and you definitely deserve the best of payback and reward.

    Mine is simple hun - PRAY ... Prayer solves alot and enables much. At times after you've done your best , let God in to do the rest. Try it and see. All the best.
    Thank you so much AIME! I have been praying for a new job that I can be proud of. I've been praying for God to restore my faith and confidence.
    Never made it as a wise man
    I couldn't cut it as a poor man stealing
    Tired of living like a blind man
    I'm sick of sight without a sense of feeling

  7. #6
    Administrator gymrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Where The Sun Shines
    Posts
    33,210
    Quote Originally Posted by bronzedoll View Post
    Thank you so much AIME! I have been praying for a new job that I can be proud of. I've been praying for God to restore my faith and confidence.
    It will happen for you @bronzedoll , and when it does you will be saying THANK GOD just don't give up and don't loose faith in yourself.
    -Our attitude toward life determines life's attitude towards us-

  8. #7
    SCT Elite AIME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    IN MY SKIN
    Posts
    4,376
    Quote Originally Posted by bronzedoll View Post
    Thank you so much AIME! I have been praying for a new job that I can be proud of. I've been praying for God to restore my faith and confidence.
    Keep pushing in prayer then, from the first day you talked to God, He heard and the answer is on its way now already.... He has good plans for you and for your colorful future+destiny. He will give you guidance, favor & open doors ... Dont give up, be strong and encourage urself repeatedly every time. Soon you will celebrate your fruit/harvest.
    "LET BROTHERLY LOVE CONTINUE : Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous, bragging or proud. Love is not rude, selfish or easily angered. Love trusts, forgives, forgets & never gives up on people. LOVE SHOULD NEVER END" ... 1 COR. 13:4-8

  9. #8
    Hi ladies! I wanted to say thank you for your positive energy and reinforcement. I got the job!! I'm so excited. It's been so tiring looking for one, while I worked temp jobs and addition working for a job I despised for so long. This is defiantly a brush of fresh air that I get to start my career path. <3 thanks again ladies.
    Never made it as a wise man
    I couldn't cut it as a poor man stealing
    Tired of living like a blind man
    I'm sick of sight without a sense of feeling

  10. #9
    SCT Elite AIME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    IN MY SKIN
    Posts
    4,376
    Quote Originally Posted by bronzedoll View Post
    Hi ladies! I wanted to say thank you for your positive energy and reinforcement. I got the job!! I'm so excited. It's been so tiring looking for one, while I worked temp jobs and addition working for a job I despised for so long. This is defiantly a brush of fresh air that I get to start my career path. <3 thanks again ladies.

    CONGRATULATIONS!!! ... Whenever ur at ur lowest, the only way is up !! Happy 4u.
    "LET BROTHERLY LOVE CONTINUE : Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous, bragging or proud. Love is not rude, selfish or easily angered. Love trusts, forgives, forgets & never gives up on people. LOVE SHOULD NEVER END" ... 1 COR. 13:4-8

  11. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by AIME View Post

    CONGRATULATIONS!!! ... Whenever ur at ur lowest, the only way is up !! Happy 4u.
    Thank you so much!
    Never made it as a wise man
    I couldn't cut it as a poor man stealing
    Tired of living like a blind man
    I'm sick of sight without a sense of feeling

  12. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •