Rosacea? Pics here.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 Last

Thread: Rosacea? Pics here.

Rosacea? Pics here.

I've posted some pics of my disorder.

Tnewton - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I think it's some form of Rosacea. If I have any beer, or coffee, or stimulant of any kind, even green tea, my face shrivels, turns red, burns, get very porous. It usually takes two days for symptoms to occur, and about two weeks to heal. It used to be less. Now it doesn't seem to heal at all.

You can see some close ups of my cheeks, which were very nice snd smooth two years ago. I"m 29.

My forehead is getting nasty as well. I suppose I should see a dermatologist. I did once, and he told me to put Head and Shoulders on it. Idiot. Another one gave my mild cortozone to stop the scaling, which helped, but I don't use it much.

I also look like a racoon some days, face all red, and my eyes get jaundiced.

Any ideas? My self esteem is plummeting.

2. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

Looks like rosacea to me.

You can try the Lush shampoo bar for dry skin in the scalp area, I think it's called Soak & Float but the Lush assistants can help you. It stinks like a bonfire but it's the only thing, including prescription shampoo, that has helped my scalp. I had horrific redness and dry patchy skin on my forehead, neck and even my ears before I used this shampoo, I could see a difference the first time I used it.
    The way you describe your problem it does sound like rosacea so I would suggest a dermatologist but don't be put off if the one you saw did not help, there are good and bad doctors. Ask around and try another dermatologist.
    The other thing that did occur to me is that you could be allergic to something, allergies do not always take the form of hives etc. I honestly think a doctor should evaluate all of your symptoms.

5. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

im sorry this is happening to you.

Oh My God. That is crazy. I hope that there is a good cure for this other wise all these people have to suffer for a while with this,

Quote Originally Posted by jimewing2121 View Post
    Oh My God. That is crazy. I hope that there is a good cure for this other wise all these people have to suffer for a while with this,
    Man, you make it seem like this is some sort of death disease or something. It is managable, but not as bad as it seems.

My husband was plaqued with patchy red scalp which peeled and flaked. His barber told him about a product callen Zincon which he uses faithfully with wonderful results. It is a shampoo which has to be bought at a pharmacy, but it does not take a prescription. Just ask the pharmacist for it.

I have no idea that this will help you, but it might be worth a try.

Do you get little white heads? I am being treated w/ minocycline for perioral dermatitis which seems to have spread to the bridge of my nose/cheeks, and I am wondering if what I have is rosacea instead? It looks similar to yours. I feel your pain. I obsess over it, and it is so annoying... I hear minocycline can be used to rosacea as well... Good luck to you...

There are several stages of Rosacea rangeing from mild to Acne rosacea. It can be hereditary or can be brought on by several other factors. It can flare up when you consume stimulants, like alcohol,coffee,tea,spicy foods etc.. Rosacea is a common skin concern for many client i have treated and i have found that many dermatologist recommend a product called Rosex..Alongside this i worked for one of the only skincare companies that has a product line dedicated to a Rosacea skin type, it is also dermatologically tested and approved. Pevonia Botanica's RS2 line uses natural organic ingredients to soothe and control the redness. It is based on french rose and seaweed which soothes and exercise the cappilaries to strengthen them and furthermore stop them from breaking and causing more redness.. Just a lil helpful info..
    p.s. i no longer work for this company but i know its a good product and saw great results

Have you tried a colon cleanse? Usually most of what ails us is in the colon, and by detoxifying, the ailments disappear. Try Best Colon Cleansing and Body Detox Programs

13. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements