Skin Care Talk banner

DIY 10% Hq lotion. Did i do it right?

8K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Susu1 
#1 ·
Hey yall, made my own HQ 10% lotion yesterday for the first time but it seems like when i apply the lotion i can still see hq crystals and powder, probly didn't mix well i guess but i followed all the directions as i was suppose to maybe its the hq powder or crystals i m using.I read a few posts saying its cool if this happens but, is it? how do i tell if this product is still effective, should i see results in 1-3 weeks? Any advice helps as i m new to hq and skin lightening. Thanks in advance for the help ;)

#2 ·
You should dissolve the hq powder in propylene glycol very well before mixing it into your cream - is that what you did? How much hq did you use vs. the amount of lotion you added it to - bcos maybe you may hv used too much hq also.

Where did you get your hq powder btw? @Zyzz18

#4 ·
Hey @Zyzz18 , How's the going? How did your diy hq lotion work out? How are your results? Please do tell .... Thanks.

#6 ·
Wow, 3-4 shades in 3 months is quite spectacular! Good for you :thumbsup: Hope the racoon eyes even out soon - RA+4%HQ should fix that nicely. To avoid thinning of the eye area skin, pls (before jumping into bed) dab on some shea butter (or get a high quality rejuvenating eye cream) all around the eye area. Also dont forget to take a break from your hq cream every 3-4months for about 4-6months to avoid hq side effects and immunity.... During your hq break, look into natural lightening alternatives to maintain your results. Thanks alot for the update @Zyzz18 , all the best :five:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.