A good Vitamin C serum? / Is Skinceuticals as good as claimed?

Thread: A good Vitamin C serum? / Is Skinceuticals as good as claimed?

Smile A good Vitamin C serum? / Is Skinceuticals as good as claimed?

Hello everyone, hope you are all well.

After doing a lot of research, I have decided that I want to introduce a good vitamin C to my basic skin care regimen.
    I intend to apply it once a day in the morning, which I understand is the best time, as it allows the sunscreen to be more effective, and is absorbed and effective throughout the day.

I keep coming back to Skinceuticals CE Ferulic as being the best on the market.
    I am wondering if anyone has tried it? Is 15% high or a normal amount to start with if used once a day?
    It is quite expensive, however if it is simply a really good serum, I tend to justify it. I do believe it should last long as well and that makes it easier.

I would love to hear your opinions. Here is the link of the one I am looking at. Not cheap, but I look at it as an investment on myself if it is really as good and it is not a scam.
    http://www.skinceuticals.com/c-e-fer...vitaminC-serum

I appreciate everyone's help as always. Thank you all and happy holidays!

2. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

Timeless from Amazon has the same C+E ferulic formula for a fraction. Try that first before the Skincueticals.

@Cadet a vit. c serum will be great for u, note that skinceuticals is 15% L-ascorbic acid, timeless is 20% (stronger) either can be used daily. Also consider a vit. c moisturizer for use with the serum.

5. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Cadet View Post
    Hello everyone, hope you are all well.

After doing a lot of research, I have decided that I want to introduce a good vitamin C to my basic skin care regimen.
    I intend to apply it once a day in the morning, which I understand is the best time, as it allows the sunscreen to be more effective, and is absorbed and effective throughout the day.

I keep coming back to Skinceuticals CE Ferulic as being the best on the market.
    I am wondering if anyone has tried it? Is 15% high or a normal amount to start with if used once a day?
    It is quite expensive, however if it is simply a really good serum, I tend to justify it. I do believe it should last long as well and that makes it easier.

I would love to hear your opinions. Here is the link of the one I am looking at. Not cheap, but I look at it as an investment on myself if it is really as good and it is not a scam.
    http://www.skinceuticals.com/c-e-fer...vitaminC-serum

I appreciate everyone's help as always. Thank you all and happy holidays!
    Vit C serum is a must have in your skin care regime so I'd say it's a good choice. I've heard so many great things about skinceutical C E + ferric but if you don't mind making yours it would be alot beneficial in so many ways.
    Cheaper
    Effective
    Ingredient of choice that works well with your skin.
    Either way Vit C from Skinceutical is a good one. It's your first time so I'd say start out with the 15% before moving up to 20% from Timeless.

Quote Originally Posted by TvJunkie View Post
    @Cadet a vit. c serum will be great for u, note that skinceuticals is 15% L-ascorbic acid, timeless is 20% (stronger) either can be used daily. Also consider a vit. c moisturizer for use with the serum.
    Thank you for the response.
    I think I will start with a 15% just in case.
    May I ask where you store your Vitamin C Serum? I currently use a clinique moisturiser for dry skin which makes my skin look and feel really great, I think it should be safe to stick to that moisturiser but just add the serum once a day in the morning?

Quote Originally Posted by nwababy View Post
    Vit C serum is a must have in your skin care regime so I'd say it's a good choice. I've heard so many great things about skinceutical C E + ferric but if you don't mind making yours it would be alot beneficial in so many ways.
    Cheaper
    Effective
    Ingredient of choice that works well with your skin.
    Either way Vit C from Skinceutical is a good one. It's your first time so I'd say start out with the 15% before moving up to 20% from Timeless.
    Thank you very much for the response!
    I want to first try the product from a reputable brand before I jump into making my own if you know what I mean.
    I will do as you have suggested and stick to the 15% initially.
    I will kindly ask you as I asked TVJunkie, where do you/should I store the vitamin C serum? I have read of people storing theirs in the fridge.
    I am an airline Pilot, and I do fly around quite a lot. I am curious if it is best to keep the serum back home, or is traveling with it in my hand bag as long as it is closed tightly, should not effect oxidisation?

I could simply keep it at home and use it whenever I am at home, which is at least 15-18 nights a month.
    Just debating if it would be okay to take it with me on my flights to use out of base as well.

Thanks!

Thank you for the response.
    I think I will start with a 15% just in case.
    May I ask where you store your Vitamin C Serum? I currently use a clinique moisturiser for dry skin which makes my skin look and feel really great, I think it should be safe to stick to that moisturiser but just add the serum once a day in the morning?

Thank you very much for the response!
    I want to first try the product from a reputable brand before I jump into making my own if you know what I mean.
    I will do as you have suggested and stick to the 15% initially.
    I will kindly ask you as I asked TVJunkie, where do you/should I store the vitamin C serum? I have read of people storing theirs in the fridge.
    I am an airline Pilot, and I do fly around quite a lot. I am curious if it is best to keep the serum back home, or is traveling with it in my hand bag as long as it is closed tightly, should not effect oxidisation?

I could simply keep it at home and use it whenever I am at home, which is at least 15-18 nights a month.
    Just debating if it would be okay to take it with me on my flights to use out of base as well.

Thanks!
    It should be stored in a cool dark place away from sunlight not necessarily in the fridge.. carrying it in your bag all the time while travelling might cause it to oxidize esp when the weather temperature is warm . @gymrat pls I need your input too.

It should be stored in a cool dark place away from sunlight not necessarily in the fridge.. carrying it in your bag all the time while travelling might cause it to oxidize esp when the weather temperature is warm . @gymrat pls I need your input too.
    Understood, thank you very much for the response, you are very helpful!
    I have a friend that has an empty vitamin c serum bottle.
    Perhaps I could have it thoroughly cleaned, and put some of my new coming Vitamin C serum in it which I will use on my travels.
    I guess the best way to know if it would oxidise in this method(in my travel bag) is to test it out. It would certainly suck to have the whole thing oxidise though, hense the idea of using another bottle.
    Any harm that you can think of by simply shifting some of it into a new clean equivalent dark bottle?

Once again, thank you!

Understood, thank you very much for the response, you are very helpful!
    I have a friend that has an empty vitamin c serum bottle.
    Perhaps I could have it thoroughly cleaned, and put some of my new coming Vitamin C serum in it which I will use on my travels.
    I guess the best way to know if it would oxidise in this method(in my travel bag) is to test it out. It would certainly suck to have the whole thing oxidise though, hense the idea of using another bottle.
    Any harm that you can think of by simply shifting some of it into a new clean equivalent dark bottle?

Once again, thank you!
    Yes, thats a great idea, just in case it does oxidize you dont loose much.
    You're welcome dear

Sorry if I'm a little behind the times...why should we be using Vitamin C in a serum? I'm new to this whole skin care thing. Is this a totally separate thing to use or should I look for this in the products?

Your correct @nwababy , stored in a cool dry place is best. Fridge isn't necessary. I travel with mine in my carry on, never had a problem with it oxidizing. I wouldn't put it in check luggage. I always keep it with me.
    -Our attitude toward life determines life's attitude towards us-

13. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements