Skin Care Talk banner

Gittel's Skincare; My two month review with pictures.

99K views 177 replies 41 participants last post by  Goldenfireempress 
#1 ·
Guys!!! I don't know how to start. Lol. Ok let me start from how it all began. I have used a whole lot of products.
I have used several products that have impressed and disappointed me. I have used hq and non hq products. I was a fan of Caro light and gng because they lightened but still gave me dark hands. Whenever I stop using lightening products, I notice my fingers get back to their normal look which I like. I figured my joints didn't like hq products. So I decided to try pure glow since they claimed they were natural. Pure glow lightened me so fast but made my thighs itch and caused stretch marks in the long run. It was a disappointment. Enough was enough. I wasn't desperately in need of light skin that I'll accept stretch marks as a result. No! So I came across Piona. Piona was good or lightened me but the smell was just too bad for me to handle. So I decided to go on a "Sepiwhite" search. I went on eBay and typed sepiwhite msh or something like that. Then I came across Gittels skincare face cream. I ordered it immediately. It was about $20 or so. Then I got an email saying thank you for your purchase bla bla bla. I stole the opportunity to ask if they sold body creams and the seller said yes and infact I should checkout their website and that they are having a promo! I went online to see if people have reviewed gittels skincare but there wasn't a lot about them. Then I saw that an SCT member Shailyn had reviewed them and she had wonderful results lightening her hands and knuckles with the body gel. So I emailed the seller and asked for a promo code to use while checking out. He/she gave me and it 3 body creams for $120. I purchased both the cream and gel. I used the gel for a whole month and got great results. I used it all over my body. Not that I only concentrated on my hands. The gel smells like nothing really. The cream smell pretty light like flowers. The cream exfoliates and lightens really well. The gel lightens but doesn't make my skin shiny you know the way your skin looks after using LA lotion. I have had no steroidal side effect. I remember peeling my hands and it got light but got darker after two weeks. From makari to ht26, carolight, carowhite, Patricia reynier, Francois bedon, fair and flawless, gng, Piona, mequinol to pure glow and nothing deserves my 9/10 like Gittels skincare. I will be using gittels skincare for a very long time that's if they don't change their formula.
Now I have started taking liposomal glutathione (the lypricel brand) but it smells so much like rotten eggs. I am thinking of switching to Acetyl Glutathione since its been researched that it doesn't breakdown in the stomach just like liposomal glutathione but doesn't smell like rotten eggs. That's it guy.
Ciao for now.

See less See more
#115 ·
Hi guys this is my final review of gittels skincare. I used the body gel and saw minimal results spoke the lady and recommended that I try the body milk because I should of saw results after 2 weeks. So what I did was exfoliate my knuckles for a month with African black soap and started lightening my knuckles by using the body gel n layering with the milk and I did this 2x a day for 5 days and would apply sunscreen. I used the products since April and I'm stoping at the beginning of June. I'll post the photo results for a while and you can judge for yourself my "results"?? would I buy again? Nope not even if u paid me. It's super expensive for minimal changes in my case. I don't really think it's a lightener I think it's a brighter like I said previously if u have naturally even knuckles it will return them to that state but if u don't like me ur knuckles more or less stay the same.
Purple nails is (knuckles before) and white nails is after

*photos removed*

#116 ·
Hi guys this is my final review of gittels skincare. I used the body gel and saw minimal results spoke the lady and recommended that I try the body milk because I should of saw results after 2 weeks. So what I did was exfoliate my knuckles for a month with African black soap and started lightening my knuckles by using the body gel n layering with the milk and I did this 2x a day for 5 days and would apply sunscreen. I used the products since April and I'm stoping at the beginning of June. I'll post the photo results for a while and you can judge for yourself my "results"?? would I buy again? Nope not even if u paid me. It's super expensive for minimal changes in my case. I don't really think it's a lightener I think it's a brighter like I said previously if u have naturally even knuckles it will return them to that state but if u don't like me ur knuckles more or less stay the same.
Purple nails is (knuckles before) and white nails is after
you hands were fine to begin with though. Not flawless but fine.

#122 ·
Hey Guys! I've been gone for toooo long! If you're looking for a dramatic skin lightener, gittels isn't for you.
I don't care so much for whitening. I love looking even and light.
If you want to whiten but you don't want to use steroids or hydroquinone, go for Piona cream. It works like magic. Ofcourse exfoliate before use.
But if you want to look nice and even, use gittels.
My sister got the new Makari 24k rose Gold Line to try out and I'm loving her results. She has even skin and lightened faster than when she used gittels. She got same results but in a shorter time.
I'm really thinking of trying it out but I'm kind of scared cos most lighteners cause my knuckles to darken. Even Kojic acid. Hers didn't so I kind of have faith in it. I'm still loving gittels. I only used it a few times a week.
I may try it out and give y'all an update. I may just create another thread for the Makari 24k rose gold line when I decide to try it.

#123 ·
I've been using gittels but haven't seen as much progress as I got with Dodo. I don't want to go back to Dodo though I had a bit of redarkening on dark spots I had removed with it so I'm not sure if I got pure Dodo. I am focusing on exfoliation right now but please create a thread on Makari @BodyLikeMilk I'd like to hear more about your results.

#127 ·
@ Slayanna. It's good that you're seeing gradual results. It means it does work. You just gotta taylor it to suit your skin, like re-building, in between use. What is your regimen? Thanks
It's not worth the price!! Not worth it...I'm not done but it hasn't done much at all for me

#159 ·
i dont use gng on my face ! my body is fine , i can use acidic products without problem ! its my face thats giving me a hard time ....especially over my cheekbones , always gets thin fast and i end up getting pih ... so what i want is to maintain my current tone , im at NC 44, i would like a product/ or products to maintain that , or maybe get a lil lighter , thank you so much for ur help

#164 ·
i dont use gng on my face ! my body is fine , i can use acidic products without problem ! its my face thats giving me a hard time ....especially over my cheekbones , always gets thin fast and i end up getting pih ... so what i want is to maintain my current tone , im at NC 44, i would like a product/ or products to maintain that , or maybe get a lil lighter , thank you so much for ur help
For your kind of facial skin you defo need a gel-cream formulation like Lemonvate by Mitchell ,use with susnscreen if ur gonna be out in the sun.
okay thank you! just ordered a few lemonvate gel cream by mitchell !

#166 ·
okay thank you! just ordered a few lemonvate gel cream by mitchell !
A few....? Why not just one to start with to test the waters?
cause i order from Europe , so shipping is expensive , so i always order in bulk - if it doesn't work out on my face , i will mix them in my body cream ! thats what i always do lol

#160 ·
Thank You @Waterboy... I placed an order after going through the post, I just want even and glowing skin, tired of these African creams. I bought the gel and cream from gittel’s for 49.99 each( original price was a $100 for 4.0oz I believe). It’s pricey but I’m going to use it for 4months and I’ll post a before and after. I live in California and it’s been burning up, working in the desert makes it work. Hopefully the ‘gods’ will smile down at me and make my potion work.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.