Skin Care Talk banner

favourite perfume?

128K views 145 replies 75 participants last post by  Donna Allen 
#1 ·
i'm wearing dior addict for a while but i've got my eye on tom ford 'white orchid. hopefully it will be in the sale after christmas

See less See more
#12 ·
I am funny about perfume...I like sticking with one for a while too ( mainly ,because when my daughter visits her dad, she sprays a teddybear with my perfume and because i wear the same one, she associates it with me..sorry about that mush part
) so for the longest time I wore eternity...about two months ago, i took her with me and at a drugstore we picked Jessica Simpson's FANCY---little did i know how many compliments i would get..no matter where i go...it was a risky buy at the time for me, but i love it and so does my daughter and I suppose others around
At CVS, i got it for 24$, at ulta it is 49$

#13 ·
Aw Ashes thats really cute!!

my fave perfumes are heavy and sweet lol the florals stuff just waers straight off moi! faves = Jean Paul Gaultier G2 its yummy and gets lots of compliments, very heady.

Also love Donna Karen Cashmire Mist sounds a bit old lady but it smells amazing. Also love Lolita Lempicka perfumes- totally delish!!

for a really cheap option i love the Body Shop Vanilla oil or perfume, and that one really makes sure you get it in the neck ahaahhahhaha.

#20 ·
#21 ·
hi...i have red door of elizabeth arden...(rupess 1000) its expensive...but its not the orignal price...its a tester so i got it in 1000...a complete packing is much more costly...its your holiday season...so the things like small gifts by companies and testers which will be left...will be purchased (i dont know the exact procedure how) and will be brought here on big super stores and then we can buy them...

#26 ·
Jivago 24 K is my most favorite. It is sweet and edgy just like me and it has 24 karat gold inside and when I spray it on the gold glistens on my skin especially when the lights hits it just right.

#29 ·
I heard that men are turned on by food smelling perfumes. Is this really true? Personally I like Versace Red Jeans Woman, it's exquisite...not foody though!

#31 ·
Quote: Originally Posted by shalicia

I heard that men are turned on by food smelling perfumes. Is this really true? Personally I like Versace Red Jeans Woman, it's exquisite...not foody though!

i've read about the pumpkin pie thing before but never actually tried it.
IIRC, there is one.(a pie fragrance)

Love, Sex and the Sense of Smell: Essential Oil Aphrodisiacs: Valentine's Day Romance is in the Air

Quote: Originally Posted by

Sex

Though the sense of smell plays a sometimes mysterious role in sex, what the nose knows and its impact on sexual attractiveness is undeniable.

Studies on the role of aromas in attractiveness and romance have found that:

* women prefer the smell of men whose genetics are similar but not too similar to their own
* men prefer women's body odor during the time of the month when they are fertile
* ovulating women prefer the smell of "dominant men"
* women look an average of six years younger to men when the scent of grapefruit is present while the men view the women's photos

Studies in 1998 and 2006 by Alan Hirsch of The Smell & Taste Treatment Research Foundation reported that:

* all 26 aromas tested caused some increase in blood flow to male sex organs
* men were most aroused (40% more blood flow) by the smells of lavender and pumpkin pie; and by doughnuts and licorice (31.5%)
* traditional perfume or "floral fragrances" give only a 3% increase

* women found some aromas stimulating, while others actually shut down blood flow to genitalia
* women showed the most sexual response to the fragrances of licorice candy, cucumber, baby powder (each 13%); pumpkin pie and lavender (11%)
* women were actually turned off by the smells of men's cologne, barbequed meat and cherries

Love, Sex and the Sense of Smell: Essential Oil Aphrodisiacs: Valentine's Day Romance is in the Air

#32 ·

Demeter Pumpkin Pie 4-ounce Cologne Spray | Overstock.com

Famished PHEROMONE OIL FOR WOMEN Pumpkin Pie & Lavender - eBay (item 230415449864 end time Jan-21-10 10:49:45 PST)

Top Women's Perfumes That Attract Men - LoveToKnow Makeup

Quote: Originally Posted by

Ask most men and they'll admit that fragrance has the power to lure them in – or scare them off. Certain scents are resoundingly popular among men and are recognized as being aphrodisiacs. Believe it or not, these scents have nothing to do with pheromones. Instead, they're usually sweet, decadent, rich scents that either evoke a special memory or affirm a sense of security. Among them are:

* Donuts
* Vanilla
* Orange
* Black licorice
* Pumpkin pie
* Lavender

#52 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.