favourite perfume? - Page 5

Thread: favourite perfume?

I have heard a lot about the Chanel scents but have never tried them. I may have to find a sample kit and try them one day. I love perfumes heavy with the amber.
    Top 3 products for skin Vit C serum, RA and SS

2. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

Princess by Vera Wang is my absolute fav... It's the only parfume that doesn't give me a headache...

You can find a fragrance you like by looking up the notes on Luckyscent!
    LuckyScent: shop for hard to find perfumes, fragrances and candles.

And order samples before springing for the whole bottle it goes without saying. You can get a whole lotta samples from Luckyscent for cheap!

Notes of Mexican vanilla and orange.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

5. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

Oooh, fragrance! I *love* fragrances! I had to stop wearing them for a few years, then after clearing out a pile 'o toxins from my system, I'm good-to-go again. Yay!

Current faves: Lolita "L"; Marc Jacobs; Prada Amber. I also adore a discontinued Body & Bath Works light fragrance, "Brown Sugar & Fig" -- alas, my hubby is now terribly sensitive to fragrances, and cannot tolerate the BBW ones.

I find eau de toilette doesn't last on me, for the most part, but eau de parfum or parfum itself, does really well. The exception is the Brown Sugar & Fig. It lasts really well, much to my hubby's sneeziness...

ETA: Sampling/testing is also a requirement for me, LOL, often, fragrances will smell great in the bottle or sprayed on a piece of card stock, but once they're on my skin for 45 minutes, I smell like I've annointed myself with bug-dope/mosqitoe spray.

Quote Originally Posted by goatlady View Post
    I have heard a lot about the Chanel scents but have never tried them. I may have to find a sample kit and try them one day. I love perfumes heavy with the amber.
    My fave amber is Madini Ambre oil..it's just TDF gorgeous. Sometimes I'll layer it with other fragrances.

Talisman Perfume Essences: Exclusive distributor of world-famous Madini Perfume Oils

reviews

Ambre by Madini
    'Do I love you because you're beautiful,
    Or are you beautiful because I love you?'
    ~Richard Rodgers and Oscar Hammerstein II, Cinderella

what gets put on first?

perfume or body lotion.i have been putting the perfume on first and then applying thr lotion and i think i'm getting more lasting results.

Is there a method to having fragrance last on the skin? Not necessarily layering, but just the eau de parfum or parfum itself?

Lately, I tried and really liked both Brit and the original Burberry fragrance. Both were eau de parfum and neither lasted long on my skin at all. I decided not to purchase either one due to not lasting very long --- I tried each of them several times, on different days. Or perhaps my nose just didn't "smell" it very well? Any suggestions?

I have the same problem. They all seem to evaporate quickly on me.
    Top 3 products for skin Vit C serum, RA and SS

Miracle, Coco Mademoiselle, and J'dore.....
    Hidden Content It's with GOD's grace that I am a survivor....

I have really dry skin so for the fragrances that I love, I'll collect everything in the range and experiment.

If it's something rare/old without a range of lotions, soaps, deo etc, I start by moisturizing with Cetaphil then apply the edp or extrait.

If it still doesn't stick well, sometimes i'll find out the base notes, then use a teeny tiny bit of one or two of the notes under the perfume.

Ones nose gets accustomed too and the perfume might seem to fade but it hasn't really. EdT never stays on me so I just have to reapply.

...Also the Annick Goutal (I love EdHadrien) and L'Artisan Parfumeur never last on my skin for long no matter what I do.

The best I've found so far for sillage and holding power are the extraits & edP for Chanel, Guerlain (old stock pre-reformulation), Caron, Piguet and Madini oils...

the YSLs (I still like Opium & Rive Gauche) are good too.

Yes, I'm totally perfume-obsessed!
    'Do I love you because you're beautiful,
    Or are you beautiful because I love you?'
    ~Richard Rodgers and Oscar Hammerstein II, Cinderella

13. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements