Dark spots and uneven skin
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Thread: Dark spots and uneven skin

Dark spots and uneven skin

Hey , I'm a newbie . I finally decided to join skincare talk after contemplating . So basically, I used to have really clear skin . I broke out badly because of using too many products . I had bad cystic acne on my cheek and forehead . Went to the estheticain and he prescribed tetracycline . This did not help with my acne . I Came back to Nigeria last month for the holiday ( based in Canada ) . My mom was so dissapointed with how my skin looked (blackheads , whiteheads, cystic acne ) . I went to do my facials some days after and my cystic acne, whiteheads and black heads were all extracted . But the problem is I have a lot of dark spots . I use bath salt on my face mixed with toothpaste and neutrogena clean pore oil astringent . I really need help with my skin.???????? I've been sad and honestly tired because I don't know why my skin turned out the way it is . My confidence level is so low . I'm still very young btw . I'm 17 . Please help
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by zee123; 06-04-2017 at 10:16 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

Ok you are in Nigeria. Try doxycycline instead of tetracycline. Be very patient and use it for about 6 months or until your skin gets clear. It is also a tetracycline but stronger. Make sure you take it with a meal 2x a day. Do not pick your skin young lady. Never ever, trust me. I suffered acne off n on for years. Doxycycline is my go. To treatment. You will see difference in a month but keep going otherwise you can build resistance. Also stop toothpaste right away! You are drying your face which produces more acne. Use sebamed face wash and limit touch to your face. If you can get retin A cream or gel, try it at night. It should help with this scars.

I also had a bad breakout this winter and it has really killed my mojo..... Somebody advised to buy Funbact A cream but it hasn't been really working, anyone who has ever used it?

5. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

For dark spots you need glycolic acid. Glycolic acid is good for hyper pigmentation. I use a combination of glycolic acid, Carotein gel cream and maxi white ka. I sometimes mix in a little retin a . I think canada has glycolic acid products called reversa.
    Please only use this if you have got your acne under control. Goodluck

Quote Originally Posted by Hardworkpays View Post
    For dark spots you need glycolic acid. Glycolic acid is good for hyper pigmentation. I use a combination of glycolic acid, Carotein gel cream and maxi white ka. I sometimes mix in a little retin a . I think canada has glycolic acid products called reversa.
    Please only use this if you have got your acne under control. Goodluck
    @Hardworkpays Yes... reversa is great... they also have a neostrata... 10 percent glycolic acid face lotion or cream is a amazing...

Quote Originally Posted by TruBleacher View Post
    I also had a bad breakout this winter and it has really killed my mojo..... Somebody advised to buy Funbact A cream but it hasn't been really working, anyone who has ever used it?
    Quit funbact - A cream I learnt is steroid based..also it will give u uneven bleached skin on the area u apply it on

Quote Originally Posted by zee123 View Post
    Hey , I'm a newbie . I finally decided to join skincare talk after contemplating . So basically, I used to have really clear skin . I broke out badly because of using too many products . I had bad cystic acne on my cheek and forehead . Went to the estheticain and he prescribed tetracycline . This did not help with my acne . I Came back to Nigeria last month for the holiday ( based in Canada ) . My mom was so dissapointed with how my skin looked (blackheads , whiteheads, cystic acne ) . I went to do my facials some days after and my cystic acne, whiteheads and black heads were all extracted . But the problem is I have a lot of dark spots . I use bath salt on my face mixed with toothpaste and neutrogena clean pore oil astringent . I really need help with my skin.???????? I've been sad and honestly tired because I don't know why my skin turned out the way it is . My confidence level is so low . I'm still very young btw . I'm 17 . Please help
    These are the home remedies I've personally used and I still use.

My face aint that perfect but much much better

*Baking soda + apple cider with/without honey

*Cinnamon powder + egg white for the breakout

*Potato juice for the scars/spots/blemishes

*Baking soda + lemon juice with/without honey

*Aspirin + water + honey

*Egg white for the black/white heads

*Lemon juice for the spots [it can be irritating so it's better u do a patch test before deciding to use it.
    If u decide to use it use it on only the scars/spots...leave it on for 5 -15 mins then rinse it off ]

Well for the

Retin -A start with the lowest dosage strength /medium dosage strength then u can work ur way up to the high dosage strength
    (0.025 - 0.5 - 0.1)

Use it 1-2 nights per week not every night

Your acne might be hormonal so taking Doxycycline this would help take care of the hormonal imbalances

But take it for 3-6 months(my dermatologist made me take this for 3 months) or ur body will grow resistance to it

For the soap Neutrogena Oil Free Acne Wash and Dudu Osun soap really helped me out

(Using Dudu Osun u will experience a tingling effect but nothing to worry much about if u use it right)

I have found vitamin c serum is quit good for uneven skin tone.

Good info @EmmaGH , you rock
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by yemeve View Post
    Good info @EmmaGH , you rock
    Im blushing lol

You're amazing and ur intellectuals are highly impeccable @yemeve

13. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements