Skin Care Talk banner

No peeling with TCA Peel???

18K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  African Tuilp 
#1 ·
I put on one layer of TCA peel once I had diluted a 25% to 12%. I put it on my elbows and knees but there's no peeling. It's been 5 days already.. I should've done more layer maybe.. but I was afraid I might burn myself if I didn't start off with a small peel. I need to get rid of my dark elbows and knees!! Summer has arrived.

#2 ·
I congratulate you hon on your wisdom by treating your skin with caution. TCA is a strong peel, hence its best to approach diligently. It takes 7-8 days before peeling starts and continues for 2 wks. See how much you peel in the next few days, stay out of the sun or use adequate protection. Pls wait until peeling ceases before initiating skin lighteners. Don't worry if area darkens a little after peel, it will get lighter thereafter. Give yourself 4wks before applying another TCA peel and maybe an extra layer based on your tolerance and I will stay on 12% for starters. Good luck.

#3 ·
Thanks for replying. I have an event coming up next month so thats why I was so disappointed that it hadn't started peeling yet. Can I wait just 2 weeks and then try the peel again? Or will that be too much acid?? I only left it on for 4 mins, 1 layer and there was no frosting. Maybe thats why there's no effect.. was it too weak?

#4 ·
See how it peels in a few days. You will probably micropeel.
I don't know your skin type but I can only tolerate tca peels for 7-10 mins and that's pushing it. I started with 12% like you then built up tolerance to 25%. I use mine all over except face, neck and chest. I usually do 3 layers each area, working real fast to cover all areas. No need to neutralize. Just rinse with cool water and wash with gentle soap as dove. Moisturize daily until peeling starts. Then start soaking in epsom salt or sea salt. Wait till peeling stops then start your lighteners. That's my protocol cause I have sensitive skin. If you wanna do another peel, pls wait at least 3 wks after the last one, and do another 12%, with an extra layer or 2 waiting 2 mins btwn each layer, then stop using your timer 5-7 mins or till you see frosting, if no frosting still STOP. Good luck

#7 ·
Thanks! I will probably have to add more layers and wait for frosting this time. I will wait for at least 3 weeks then do the peel again and this time will rinse with cool water instead of neutralising it. I heard that TCA self-neutralises anyway.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.