No peeling with TCA Peel???
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Thread: No peeling with TCA Peel???

No peeling with TCA Peel???

I put on one layer of TCA peel once I had diluted a 25% to 12%. I put it on my elbows and knees but there's no peeling. It's been 5 days already.. I should've done more layer maybe.. but I was afraid I might burn myself if I didn't start off with a small peel. I need to get rid of my dark elbows and knees!! Summer has arrived.

2. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

I congratulate you hon on your wisdom by treating your skin with caution. TCA is a strong peel, hence its best to approach diligently. It takes 7-8 days before peeling starts and continues for 2 wks. See how much you peel in the next few days, stay out of the sun or use adequate protection. Pls wait until peeling ceases before initiating skin lighteners. Don't worry if area darkens a little after peel, it will get lighter thereafter. Give yourself 4wks before applying another TCA peel and maybe an extra layer based on your tolerance and I will stay on 12% for starters. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by yemeve View Post
    I congratulate you hon on your wisdom by treating your skin with caution. TCA is a strong peel, hence its best to approach diligently. It takes 7-8 days before peeling starts and continues for 2 wks. See how much you peel in the next few days, stay out of the sun or use adequate protection. Pls wait until peeling ceases before initiating skin lighteners. Don't worry if area darkens a little after peel, it will get lighter thereafter. Give yourself 4wks before applying another TCA peel and maybe an extra layer based on your tolerance and I will stay on 12% for starters. Good luck.
    Thanks for replying. I have an event coming up next month so thats why I was so disappointed that it hadn't started peeling yet. Can I wait just 2 weeks and then try the peel again? Or will that be too much acid?? I only left it on for 4 mins, 1 layer and there was no frosting. Maybe thats why there's no effect.. was it too weak?

5. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

See how it peels in a few days. You will probably micropeel.
    I don't know your skin type but I can only tolerate tca peels for 7-10 mins and that's pushing it. I started with 12% like you then built up tolerance to 25%. I use mine all over except face, neck and chest. I usually do 3 layers each area, working real fast to cover all areas. No need to neutralize. Just rinse with cool water and wash with gentle soap as dove. Moisturize daily until peeling starts. Then start soaking in epsom salt or sea salt. Wait till peeling stops then start your lighteners. That's my protocol cause I have sensitive skin. If you wanna do another peel, pls wait at least 3 wks after the last one, and do another 12%, with an extra layer or 2 waiting 2 mins btwn each layer, then stop using your timer 5-7 mins or till you see frosting, if no frosting still STOP. Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by samia605 View Post
    Thanks for replying. I have an event coming up next month so thats why I was so disappointed that it hadn't started peeling yet. Can I wait just 2 weeks and then try the peel again? Or will that be too much acid?? I only left it on for 4 mins, 1 layer and there was no frosting. Maybe thats why there's no effect.. was it too weak?
    Where did you purchase your peel from? Did it not come with instructions?? Yes, 12% is a low strength TCA and your trying to peel areas of skin that are tough to peel.

TCA is not a peel to mess around with unless you know exactly what your getting into, if used incorrectly it can cause serious damage. I recommend reading the instructions below before applying another peel.

http://www.makeupartistschoice.com/a...apeel1page.pdf
    -Our attitude toward life determines life's attitude towards us-

Quote Originally Posted by gymrat View Post
    Where did you purchase your peel from? Did it not come with instructions?? Yes, 12% is a low strength TCA and your trying to peel areas of skin that are tough to peel.

TCA is not a peel to mess around with unless you know exactly what your getting into, if used incorrectly it can cause serious damage. I recommend reading the instructions below before applying another peel.

http://www.makeupartistschoice.com/a...apeel1page.pdf
    I purchased from ebay and there were many good reviews from it. Obviously I read up about TCA peels (and know the risks) for months before I even bought one so yes- I know what the instructions are already.. I followed the instructions yet there were no results.

Quote Originally Posted by yemeve View Post
    See how it peels in a few days. You will probably micropeel.
    I don't know your skin type but I can only tolerate tca peels for 7-10 mins and that's pushing it. I started with 12% like you then built up tolerance to 25%. I use mine all over except face, neck and chest. I usually do 3 layers each area, working real fast to cover all areas. No need to neutralize. Just rinse with cool water and wash with gentle soap as dove. Moisturize daily until peeling starts. Then start soaking in epsom salt or sea salt. Wait till peeling stops then start your lighteners. That's my protocol cause I have sensitive skin. If you wanna do another peel, pls wait at least 3 wks after the last one, and do another 12%, with an extra layer or 2 waiting 2 mins btwn each layer, then stop using your timer 5-7 mins or till you see frosting, if no frosting still STOP. Good luck
    Thanks! I will probably have to add more layers and wait for frosting this time. I will wait for at least 3 weeks then do the peel again and this time will rinse with cool water instead of neutralising it. I heard that TCA self-neutralises anyway.

I purchased from ebay and there were many good reviews from it. Obviously I read up about TCA peels (and know the risks) for months before I even bought one so yes- I know what the instructions are already.. I followed the instructions yet there were no results.
    There's the problem, you shouldn't purchase any type of peel from ebay and especially not TCA. Purchase from a reputable company so you have someone to contact in times like this. They would be able to answer and help with any question/concern. Try contacting the seller, maybe they will help you. But truth be told purchasing from ebay you have no idea what kind of solution you are applying.......it could be diluted alcohol.....purchasing from a reputable company is a must if you plan on doing any kind of peel. There is plenty of information about TCA on this forum/chemical forum and plenty of information about purchasing from reputable companies.

Quote Originally Posted by gymrat View Post
    There's the problem, you shouldn't purchase any type of peel from ebay and especially not TCA. Purchase from a reputable company so you have someone to contact in times like this. They would be able to answer and help with any question/concern. Try contacting the seller, maybe they will help you. But truth be told purchasing from ebay you have no idea what kind of solution you are applying.......it could be diluted alcohol.....purchasing from a reputable company is a must if you plan on doing any kind of peel. There is plenty of information about TCA on this forum/chemical forum and plenty of information about purchasing from reputable companies.
    I live in the UK and when I calculate the shipping from MUAC, the price of shipping was much higher than the actual peel. Do you know any companies inside the UK?

I live in the UK and when I calculate the shipping from MUAC, the price of shipping was much higher than the actual peel. Do you know any companies inside the UK?
    Yes I will look through my contacts.....what kind of peel are you wanting? TCA or all peels in general.

Here are a few you can look at
    http://www.sr-skincare.co.uk/

Skin Obession is a well known company, I found some on Amazon UK
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb...obsession+peel

13. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements