40% lactic acid w/ (or without) amlactin for stretch marks and lightening?

Thread: 40% lactic acid w/ (or without) amlactin for stretch marks and lightening?

  1. #1

    40% lactic acid w/ (or without) amlactin for stretch marks and lightening?

    I have both old silver stretch marks and some newer dark ones. Would it be good to mix my 40% lactic acid with amlactin to improve the appearance?

    I have 30mL lactic acid and, .79oz amlactin bottles, eucerin, and some dermasil somewhere. What would be the proper way (amounts) to mix?

    I've been searching for an answer through the threads but I can't really find anything about specifically 40% LA with amlactin.

    Any advice would be so appreciated!

  2. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    it's ASDM Bevery Hills lactic acid, if it matters.

  4. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by whitenoise101 View Post
    I have both old silver stretch marks and some newer dark ones. Would it be good to mix my 40% lactic acid with amlactin to improve the appearance?

    I have 30mL lactic acid and, .79oz amlactin bottles, eucerin, and some dermasil somewhere. What would be the proper way (amounts) to mix?

    I've been searching for an answer through the threads but I can't really find anything about specifically 40% LA with amlactin.

    Any advice would be so appreciated!
    40% will burn you thats too high.. why not try making 20% and start with that first? You can also do weekly LA peels to boost your results but 40%LA lotion is a bit much IMO.

    How to make your LA Lotion

    Things your need:
    1. Lactic Acid
    2. Any lotion (preferably one that doesn't contain carbomer as an ingredient)

    Prep:
    1 Part Lactic Acid + 5 Part Lotion =15% LA lotion
    1 Part Lactic Acid + 3 Part Lotion = 22.5% LA lotion
    1 Part Lactic Acid + 2 Part Lotion = 30% LA lotion

    The idea is really not how much % you use rather how often you continue using LA.. Lastly if LA lotion simply isn't effective you can just use a 10%-15% GA Lotion instead.
    Last edited by RKB; 08-03-2017 at 11:12 AM.

  5. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by RKB View Post
    40% will burn you thats too high.. why not try making 20% and start with that first? You can also do weekly LA peels to boost your results but 40%LA lotion is a bit much IMO.

    How to make your LA Lotion

    Things your need:
    1. Lactic Acid
    2. Any lotion (preferably one that doesn't contain carbomer as an ingredient)

    Prep:
    1 Part Lactic Acid + 5 Part Lotion =15% LA lotion
    1 Part Lactic Acid + 3 Part Lotion = 22.5% LA lotion
    1 Part Lactic Acid + 2 Part Lotion = 30% LA lotion

    The idea is really not how much % you use rather how often you continue using LA.. Lastly if LA lotion simply isn't effective you can just use a 10%-15% GA Lotion instead.
    Thank you so much for answering!

    So are you saying I should ditch the 40%? I was more interested in mixing it with lotion than putting the pure acid directly to my skin. So it's safe to use this 40% lactic acid with 3 parts lotion? I'm just a bit confused because I've seen someone else also say 40% is high but 88% lactic acid seems common to mix into lotions in here. Wouldn't that be even stronger?

  7. #5
    bump bump bump

  8. #6
    Hey girls, weekly peels have helped me a lot with strechies due to pregnancyon my tummy afterwards i use a butter mix and it soak well in my skin

  9. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by whitenoise101 View Post
    Thank you so much for answering!

    So are you saying I should ditch the 40%? I was more interested in mixing it with lotion than putting the pure acid directly to my skin. So it's safe to use this 40% lactic acid with 3 parts lotion? I'm just a bit confused because I've seen someone else also say 40% is high but 88% lactic acid seems common to mix into lotions in here. Wouldn't that be even stronger?
    No no no didn't ditch your 40% Lactic Acid. I misunderstood what you meant by 40% LA lotion, i assumed you wanted to make a 40% LA Lotion.
    So yes, you can use your 40% Lactic Acid to make your DIY LA Lotion. Aim for a lower % for your final product since you'll use it everyday. I use 80% lactic acid for my DIY LA Lotion.. for my weekly body peels i dilute it to 40% (at best i use this twice a month) but my LA lotion is 22%.

  10. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by RKB View Post
    No no no didn't ditch your 40% Lactic Acid. I misunderstood what you meant by 40% LA lotion, i assumed you wanted to make a 40% LA Lotion.
    So yes, you can use your 40% Lactic Acid to make your DIY LA Lotion. Aim for a lower % for your final product since you'll use it everyday. I use 80% lactic acid for my DIY LA Lotion.. for my weekly body peels i dilute it to 40% (at best i use this twice a month) but my LA lotion is 22%.
    Thank you dear. The other night I just went ahead and put like 4-5 tsp into my 225G/.79 oz bottle of Amlactin. I put it on and I didn't feel any tingling sensation or anything. I'm going to keep using it for a week and maybe if I get no peeling add 2 more tsp. @RKB


    @loubna That's great! Were yours raised and dark brown too? What do they look like now?

  11. #9
    Yes it thinned well you cant easily see them. I still have to continue but i'm coming from so far ...

  12. #10
    @whitenoise101 you know that the brownish and purple ones are the new strechies they can easily go with a consistency rubbing of butter and mild scrubs but the older strechmarks are the one difficults to remove them colour is more clear like your skin tone!!

  13. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •