Skin Care Talk banner

Does Tonique skin lightening products work?

24K views 70 replies 17 participants last post by  flawlessBright 
#1 ·
Is anyone currently using their products or have used it in the past? Does it actually work?

#10 ·
Everybody knows it works but not everybody got the coins to do it.
I can't even afford Makari lol! At least not a whole regimen. I don't got it like @DOODOOBROWN !

#21 ·
@Donaey Mitchell's uses arbutin as the lightening agent. While Tonique uses Sepiwhite which is superior.

#23 ·
@DOODOOBROWN Honestly I have no idea. I haven't checked their site in years to see if there's something I can afford. I may check it out soon since this next week I'll be doing some online shopping anyways.
I say get it regardless. You can't go wrong with sepiwhite!

#26 ·
@DOODOOBROWN Honestly I have no idea. I haven't checked their site in years to see if there's something I can afford. I may check it out soon since this next week I'll be doing some online shopping anyways.
I say get it regardless. You can't go wrong with sepiwhite!
Agree sepiwhite has been great for me! Love it! Have you seen their reviews? There are customer review with pics and their skin is so pretty.

#30 ·
@lightboy I honestly haven't purchased it . I'm still trying to do my research . I've read it's like Makari where you use it , stop and you go way darker than your starting shade. If I'm paying 350.00 for a 2 ounce jar I should be able to stay my shade at least two weeks after stopping and not going beyond my natural shade . Might as well stick with MB products .

#35 ·
Yes you guys be on the look out for Thanksgiving and Black Friday sales!

#36 ·
You know that's me tackling as I come barging through the doors :drive:not really......I'm not a fan of Black friday, I think its over rated, you can find deals online that are usually better.

Plus with Amazon, I put things in my cart, then save them for later, and they automatically notify me if the price drops. Just an example, I had a pair of toddler boots in my cart reg price $29, they dropped to $9.99 plus free shipping, so you know this Auntie bought those suckers :yay:.

And if you are any kind of online shopper, you definitely need Invisiblehand, and Honey. Both are awesome!
http://www.getinvisiblehand.com/
https://www.joinhoney.com/

#37 ·
I'd personally just DIY their products. It's much cheaper to just buy SepiWhite (either in powder form or now there's a water soluble liquid you can buy) and make your own product. Use whatever concentration you want of SepiWhite (also called LumiSkin or SkinWhite depending on the supplier) and it helps to have lactic acid in 3-4% and salicylic acid in 2% to work. Adjust the pH accordingly (between 4-5 or above 6.2) and that's that. Those Tonique products are extremely overpriced. Some even costing $1000 for an oz or so. I love to DIY almost everything I use.
Hi@GoldenGlow90s please can you tell where you buy your sepiwhite? I once wanted to buy TOnique face cream ,but their PRices made me not to .:mad:

#38 ·
I use Making Cosmetics to purchase their SkinWhite MSH. Unable to purchase from Croda because I believe they require you to have certain lab certifications before they'll ship to you. I've used the SkinWhite MSH powder but next order I'll use the liquid so I can make an all water serum. I just like those more than ones with oil.

There's also a seller on eBay that sells LuminSkin MSH for about the same price. I haven't used that yet but I have bought kojic acid from them.

Tonique prices are ridiculous! Even if they do work, you can make something great yourself for much less. I'm also curious if the 10X or 20X means 10% or 20% Sepiwhite? Seems crazy to have so much in there.
Thank you , I will look at it, I want to try the powder form .:eek:

#40 ·
You're absolutely right . I remember a while back someone had mentioned a website where you could purchase it and there was a recipes on how to make a cream. I suck at DIY things. I would so pay you to DIY for me :)

I'd personally just DIY their products. It's much cheaper to just buy SepiWhite (either in powder form or now there's a water soluble liquid you can buy) and make your own product. Use whatever concentration you want of SepiWhite (also called LumiSkin or SkinWhite depending on the supplier) and it helps to have lactic acid in 3-4% and salicylic acid in 2% to work. Adjust the pH accordingly (between 4-5 or above 6.2) and that's that. Those Tonique products are extremely overpriced. Some even costing $1000 for an oz or so. I love to DIY almost everything I use.

#42 ·
Skinwhite is :thumbsup: ....

#47 ·
I don’t know where my other thread is. I cannot find it. So I guess it was deleted or moved? :( Any clue as to why?
@Donaey I forget what my response to you was in my other thread completely. The numbers 1-8 was to represent how many weeks someone is likely to need to use a product like the DIY Dupe. And it would be ok to use for both the face and body since there are no pore clogging ingredients.
It was deleted.......just making sure you realize selling/making products for others is not allowed on SCT.

http://www.skincaretalk.com/showthread.php/43023-SkinCare-Talk-Forum-Rules?highlight=rules+forum

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.