Please can someone help me/tell me what to do??
Page 1 of 3 1 2 Last

Thread: Please can someone help me/tell me what to do??

Please can someone help me/tell me what to do??

I am 3/4 East Indian and 1/4 Turkish, and I was born with fairly light brown-yellowish skin. Over the years my forearms have darkened quite a bit due to sun exposure (which is common for most people but I think mine are more drastic) as I basically have a bad farmers tan. This is permanent though as my arms have been a dark brown for years now. Here are pictures of my arms, you can see near my bicep is my natural colour.

Also the difference is much more noticable in real life, my forearms look lighter than they are in these pics where as my bicep doesnt.

Is there any way to lighten my forearms that have become darker to match my natural color? What products would I use/what would be the easiest way? I want to avoid HQ and all the more intense chemicals but I have a feeling that will be the only way.

I find you guys here are know so much about this and are my only hope. Should I go see a Dermatologist maybe too?

Any help is appreciated so much, thanks guys.

2. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

Hi DeuceMoose, I highly recommend Fair and Flawless 5XF Lightening Gel. It has worked very well for me on my face, arms and hands. It is fairly expensive but a little goes a long way and it has taken my lower arms and hands back to their natural ivory color in about three weeks. While I was using it on my face, it almost looked too pale, which is what I wanted. I should add that two months of HQ/RA did very little for me.

You only did two months of HQ/RA Karenannev?

Im glad you found something that works for you

The OP's arms aren't severe looking at all....

Deuce try RA+Vitamin C serum+European sunblock before spending all that hard earned cash! No need for HQ in your situation,so no worries for you

5. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

I agree with both responses and would just like to add that skin peels may also prove useful in this situation.

I also agree with karen, the 5x is a wonderfull product!

Quote Originally Posted by LoveCoutureSoul View Post
    You only did two months of HQ/RA Karenannev?

Im glad you found something that works for you

The OP's arms aren't severe looking at all....

Deuce try RA+Vitamin C serum+European sunblock before spending all that hard earned cash! No need for HQ in your situation,so no worries for you
    Yeah, only two months but stopped because my skin seemed to be getting worse. It did look much better when I added a little hydrocortisone cream but didn't want to use that long term and then I started the F&F.

Actully, you should avoid HQ as it is not safe for your skin type. Try using Alpha Abutin instead, is has a slower process but is recommeded for your skin type. Also, remember that the cellular turnover rate for new skin cells is about 28 days, less if you are under 18yr and about 40 days if you are older than 45. This process of shedding skin cells will eventuall correct the uneven skin tone, but you must avoid the sun. Wear sunscreen at all time while in the sun. Also try using an granualr exfoliating scrub in the shower. This tend to speed up the cellular renewal process.

Good luck.

Thanks for the help everyone. I think I will try using these peel methods you guys are suggesting, hopefully that will get rid of the darker layer and bring back my natural to even out my arms. Right now I am kind of broke (:P) so I am just exfoliating and using a skin whitening soap which is working a little bit but not a whole lot.

gbjbinternetholdings, what do you mean by my "skin type"? I didn't know that certain types of lightening agents are better for different skin types, but what exactly is my skin type? Is it something with the cells or is my skin too dark/too light for HQ? On the Fitz scale where would you say my natural color falls compared to the darkened sun damaged color?

Thanks

why not try the lactic acids from ebay? theres a link on one of the threads somewhere, just do a quick search.
    If life is bugging you just say MEH!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gbjbinternetholdings View Post
    Actully, you should avoid HQ as it is not safe for your skin type.

13. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements