Applying Moisturizer over Hydroquinone

Thread: Applying Moisturizer over Hydroquinone

Applying Moisturizer over Hydroquinone

Hey guys I've noticed that after i use my 4% hydroquinone cream it seems as though my face is getting a little darker like a slight reddish tint to it. Do you think this means the cream is too strong for me? Would applying a moisturizer over my 4%hydroquinone cream help in weaking the effects of the hydroquinones strength. Or does the reddening of my skin mean I'm allergic to the cream?

2. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

are you using retin a?

I have noticed when i was using retin a every day my face was RED i thought i was going to get that red bleached look but now i have taken a few days break from the retin a

my face is no longer glowing red

also are you using the correct spf?

Quote Originally Posted by simone View Post
    Hey guys I've noticed that after i use my 4% hydroquinone cream it seems as though my face is getting a little darker like a slight reddish tint to it. Do you think this means the cream is too strong for me? Would applying a moisturizer over my 4%hydroquinone cream help in weaking the effects of the hydroquinones strength. Or does the reddening of my skin mean I'm allergic to the cream?
    HQ 4% alone doesn't deem great results so I assume your using RA or something similar

Tip to reduce irritation: Despite Differin being the gentlest retinoid, a dark skinned individual can use Retin-A and Tazorac if they can reduce the amount of irritation. A great way is to buffer the retinoid. Apply a basic moisturizer (Cetaphil, Neutrogena oil-free moisture, aquaphor) over bare cleansed skin. Wait for about 1 hour and then apply a thin layer of your retinoid over the skin. This should reduce the amount of peeling (which is normal when using a retinoid; it is sheding off old skin), dryness and irritation.

https://www.skincaretalk.com/skin-lig...retinoids.html

Make sure your not going outside without an EXCELLENT sunblock,and invest in a Vitamin C serum because it only enchances your skin care regimen!

5. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

for the people who are saying 4% HQ dont work are you all darker skinned? cause it work for me pretty good so far but im light/caucasian anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by HaileyShine View Post
    for the people who are saying 4% HQ dont work are you all darker skinned? cause it work for me pretty good so far but im light/caucasian anyway.
    People do not have to be dark skinned for Hq not to work for them, there are many factors for why it may not be working for them such as having possible allergic reactions, missing some of the steps that are required for it to not work, not using adequate amounts of sunblock daily, not exfoliating often enough, etc. Hq has the ability to work well for any shade of skin, including darker tones which can work very well. Example, Ladonna was able to lighten her skin with 4% hq from a Lauryn Hill complexion up to a Mariah in her thread.

8. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements