Skin Care Talk banner

How to Heal from Chemical Peel Burns/Damage

96K views 36 replies 18 participants last post by  naymag 
#1 ·
The Following are Steps to Treat Chemical Peel Burns and/or Damage

1. Go to the store or get someone to buy SALINE WOUND WASH, and wash your face with that for a couple of days.

2. After washing the face, and with COLD water too, apply some aloe vera gel, a good hydrating moisturizer and if you are going out a very high SPF sunscreen (although I suggest you dont go out till its healed)

3. If possible get your hands on some Preparation H Cream, which will cut healing time in half.

4. Take it easy on your skin, dont apply anything but the above listed and when you are showering move the water away from your face, just wash your body.

5. Avoid extreme temperatures, such as too hot or too cold.

6. Take 3 multivitamins, Vitamin C, MSM, or anything else you have that builds collagen from inside and helps your skin heal.

7. Eat good meals and drink more than the recommended amount of water and juice so the skin can be well moisturized from the inside.

See less See more
#18 ·
Just wanted to add to the already great advice. I've done TCA Peels in the past (25% and 35%) and there were times where I successfully lightened my skin and other times where I burned my skin. Two things that really help heal burns good in my experience is pure Aloe Vera and Silvadene cream.

I remember one of my peels went too deep so when the skin peeled off, it was blood red (not bleeding) instead of the normal pink. Rushed out and bought an Aloe Vera plant from Home Depot, it cost like 4 bucks for a small plant. I find it worked better than any of the stuff in the bottle. I applied the gel from the plant over the red skin for a day or two then switched to the Silvadene cream and put a glob on top of the area, which yeah I went to the emergency room to get (lol I was freakin out).

I have a skin tone like Jordin Sparks and can attest that both of these will heal your skin with little to none hyperpigmentation. Without it, it will turn into ugly hyperpigmentation. I don't always have it on hand but it's worth having.

#19 ·
Just wanted to add to the already great advice. I've done TCA Peels in the past (25% and 35%) and there were times where I successfully lightened my skin and other times where I burned my skin. Two things that really help heal burns good in my experience is pure Aloe Vera and Silvadene cream. I remember one of my peels went too deep so when the skin peeled off, it was blood red (not bleeding) instead of the normal pink. Rushed out and bought an Aloe Vera plant from Home Depot, it cost like 4 bucks for a small plant. I find it worked better than any of the stuff in the bottle. I applied the gel from the plant over the red skin for a day or two then switched to the Silvadene cream and put a glob on top of the area, which yeah I went to the emergency room to get (lol I was freakin out). I have a skin tone like Jordin Sparks and can attest that both of these will heal your skin with little to none hyperpigmentation. Without it, it will turn into ugly hyperpigmentation. I don't always have it on hand but it's worth having.
Silvadene (silver sulfazide) is the bee's knees! I had no idea you could get it OTC! *goes on a hunt* :)

#20 ·
SOMEONE PLEASE HELP - You might have seen the same post on other threads, i promise im not Spam i'm just so desperate for answers.

So i did a YPO (Yellow Peeling Oil acid peel - Active ingredients are a combination of Glycolic Acid, Lactic Acid, Tretinoin and salicylic acid) 1 week ago on my face, applied 2 layers twice daily for 3 days and all was well (Ended application on a Teusday) And was washing my face with Cerave face wash while doing the peel and heavy moisturzing once i finished the YPO application.

I started peeling by the morning of day 4 (Wednesday) and avoided the sun and was getting a nice peel which i moisturzed with my raw honey. By the time Friday roles around (3 days AFTER YPO application) i decided i wanted to speed up the peeling process because i had to return to work in the next 2 days. I came on this thread and saw that people had advised going to steam rooms or sea salt soak after YPO application on the BODY.

Anyway i decided to apply this advice to my own face and did a 10 min steam. All hell broke loose by Sunday (2 days after steam) NOW I HAVE TINY RASH LIKE BUMPS WITH WHITEHEADS ON MY CHEEKS. Its horrible and its itchy! I dont know what to do.

Plus my face is super dark. Like 5 shades darker (ok im exaggerating but my face is wayy darker than my body, atleast 3 shades darker)

Today is day 7 after i stopped applying YPO and it just seems my face will be black and covered in itchy whitehead rash forever. Ive been using hydrocortizone and that seems to help ease the itch. But i dont know if this white bumps will ever clear. and the darkness nko?? I'm so sad.

I just wanted the YPO to clear old acne spots but the color of my face and body matched perfectly before i did this peel.

I know its long BUT PLEASE ADVICE.

What do i do to clear these ugly whitehead rash and the sudden darkness on my face?

#21 ·
SOMEONE PLEASE HELP - You might have seen the same post on other threads, i promise im not Spam i'm just so desperate for answers. :mercy: So i did a YPO (Yellow Peeling Oil acid peel - Active ingredients are a combination of Glycolic Acid, Lactic Acid, Tretinoin and salicylic acid) 1 week ago on my face, applied 2 layers twice daily for 3 days and all was well (Ended application on a Teusday) And was washing my face with Cerave face wash while doing the peel and heavy moisturzing once i finished the YPO application.   I started peeling by the morning of day 4 (Wednesday) and avoided the sun and was getting a nice peel which i moisturzed with my raw honey. By the time Friday roles around (3 days AFTER YPO application) i decided i wanted to speed up the peeling process because i had to return to work in the next 2 days. I came on this thread and saw that people had advised going to steam rooms or sea salt soak after YPO application on the BODY. Anyway i decided to apply this advice to my own face and did a 10 min steam. All hell broke loose by Sunday (2 days after steam) NOW I HAVE TINY RASH LIKE BUMPS WITH WHITEHEADS ON MY CHEEKS. Its horrible and its itchy! I dont know what to do. Plus my face is super dark. Like 5 shades darker (ok im exaggerating but my face is wayy darker than my body, atleast 3 shades darker) Today is day 7 after i stopped applying YPO and it just seems my face will be black and covered in itchy whitehead rash forever. Ive been using hydrocortizone and that seems to help ease the itch. But i dont know if this white bumps will ever clear. and the darkness nko?? I'm so sad. I just wanted the YPO to clear old acne spots but the color of my face and body matched perfectly before i did this peel. I know its long BUT PLEASE ADVICE.  What do i do to clear these ugly whitehead rash and the sudden darkness on my face?
You poor thing :(. So sorry you're going through this hardship :( I have no ideal how to help you... Maybe you could try a mix of healing properties....? That's what I'm doing for my HQ-induced, cheek rosacea. I plan to mix..... •Shea butter •aloe vera •avocado oil •almond oil •olive oil •coconut oil •jojoba oil •castor oil •D-Alpha vitamin E oil I plan on taking all of these items, mixing them in a bowl/jar, and applying the mix to the damaged areas of my face. I really think this super-mix will heal my face up pretty nicely. If you try it, I think it'll do the same for you :) I hope this suggestion helps and I hope your facial problems get better :) Let me know how everything goes :) Ttyl :hugs::)

#24 ·
Pls, I'm super desperate and need help, I did some peels on my legs with "La Bamakoise tamarin cream" the peeled went too deep in my skin, so wen the peel went off, it was blood red didn't know what to apply on it, i started applying penicillin ointment for two weeks my skin actually healed, but the problem is I'm stuck with black legs(hyperpigmentation) i cant even go out without wearing soaks, my legs really look ugly and very dark.pls can someone suggest what I can do to make it lighter.thanks.

#25 ·
Dang, Im so sorry about your skin Peel mishap :(. Im sure things will get better for you eventually. But, in the mean time, this is what I suggest..... This prblm arose from the fact your Peel penetrated too deeply, right....? Well, this means that very important layers of your leg-skin have now been stripped away, and 2 weeks isn't enough time to have gotten them all back. Even though your leg looks like it's officially "healed", you're still missing a lot of layers of skin that you will be needed later on for this whole process. So, my first suggestion is for you to focus on skin building.... For the next month, BABY THE SKIN ON YOUR LEG!! I mean, reeeaaally pamper it: no exfoliators, no lighteners (not yet, anyways), no harsh chemicals, etc For now, all you will use is natural healers. Take the items listed below, mix them in a big bowl, and apply/massage the mix into your leg, after gentle cleansing, twice a day. • Shea butter • Olive Oil • Emu Oil • Rose Hip Oil • Coconut Oil • Aloe Vera • D-Alpha Vitamin E Capsules Following the above instructions and applying the above listed healers, will enable your leg-skin to heal itself enough for you to go into the next step.... Skin Lightening (yaaaay!) Apply, and sometimes occlude, your leg with the following lighteners for the next month (or until your leg lightens up to the desired shade) • L'abidjanaise Cream • L'abidjanaise Oil • G&G Cream (only use a little) • G&G Oil (only use a little) Using/occluding these lighteners on your leg for about a month should get your leg back to it's normal color. Well, I hope everything works out for you :). With consistency and dedication, I know your leg will be back to normal in no-time!! :) Hit me up if you have any further questions or concerns, ok :) God bless :)

This post has been deleted
#37 ·
I had mishap with 30% lactic acid on my left cheek. Left me small burn :(. I totally forget i had sensitive skin issue in left cheek previous week. Now using solosite, i use as often and lol i carry with me at all time. I apply whenever i want at work, gym and in car or street:hehe:. Apply thick layer on the small red mark.
As always 2hours SAP during day!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.