Lactic Acid
Page 1 of 4 1 2 Last

Thread: Lactic Acid

Lactic Acid

Hi all! I know that this has been talked about so many times so forgive me for being repetitive, however I am still extremely confused on how to make a LA lotion and/or peel. I literally suck at math and I don?t understand how to break any of this down. Just for a quick background - I am trying to use this to target black stretch marks that I have on my waist and bottom area in time for a trip I have coming up in MAY!

Can someone please please help me figure out how to make this lotion? Like, ?for dummies? style ? I have the following and would like to make a 17 or 18 % (or higher if I need to since my trip is coming soon) lotion and peel:

- 10 oz of 90% Lactic Acid
    -16 oz of Gold Bond
    - A jar which can hold 10 oz of product, so I intend to make 10 oz of lotion.

Can someone PLEASE help with getting me started? I?m so terrible at calculating measurements, etc.

2. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

Bumping this up

This information can be found utilizing the search bar.

5. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by lo0ve View Post
    Hi all! I know that this has been talked about so many times so forgive me for being repetitive, however I am still extremely confused on how to make a LA lotion and/or peel. I literally suck at math and I don?t understand how to break any of this down. Just for a quick background - I am trying to use this to target black stretch marks that I have on my waist and bottom area in time for a trip I have coming up in MAY!

Can someone please please help me figure out how to make this lotion? Like, ?for dummies? style ? I have the following and would like to make a 17 or 18 % (or higher if I need to since my trip is coming soon) lotion and peel:

- 10 oz of 90% Lactic Acid
    -16 oz of Gold Bond
    - A jar which can hold 10 oz of product, so I intend to make 10 oz of lotion.

Can someone PLEASE help with getting me started? I?m so terrible at calculating measurements, etc.
    Sorry just seeing this......to make 10 ounces of lotion you would need to add 2.3 ounces of your lactic to make it 17%. @lo0ve
    -Our attitude toward life determines life's attitude towards us-

Quote Originally Posted by Fenrir View Post
    This information can be found utilizing the search bar.
    lol, like I stated in my original post it was very overwhelming and I was terribly confused. But thanks

@gymrat thank you sooo much! You?re always extremely helpful. Seriously can?t thank you enough

@gymrat thank you sooo much! You?re always extremely helpful. Seriously can?t thank you enough
    Your very welcome! Don't let it overwhelm you once you make it a few times you will gain your confidence! We all had to start somewhere just be sure you mix it well so the lactic is evenly distributed.

@gymrat I?m so excited! Getting started now! So to confirm...mix 2.3 oz of LA into 10 oz of lotion? Party time!!

@gymrat I?m so excited! Getting started now! So to confirm...mix 2.3 oz of LA into 10 oz of lotion? Party time!!
    Yep, that will give you 17% LA lotion

Quote Originally Posted by gymrat View Post
    Yep, that will give you 17% LA lotion
    Hi @gymrat i am trying to make the same formula for my la lotion for my stretch marks. what la acid brand would you recommend? and can i mix with any lotion? sorry! never done this before. I also currently have 0.05% retin -A cream, would that be okay?

13. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements