Skin Care Talk banner

Horrible Customer Service from Skinactives!!

11K views 63 replies 18 participants last post by  gymrat 
#1 ·
Ok for all of you that know, I am a HUGE fan of Skinactives. I have used their products for over a year now. I order LOTS of my DIY supplies from them as well. Even though they have had their issues of Hannah not being the most pleasant person, I have always continued to support and promote their products, until NOW!!!

I placed a rather large order ($250) about 2 weeks ago. One of the items in that order was Let's Make Collagen Serum. I opened it this week to use and it had loads of gritty stuff in it. Which sometimes this happens. I totally understand, as I make my own C serum and have the same problems at times. Anytime I have had grit or any issue with Skinactives they have been very helpful to correct the problem. This time, I sent an email to Jonatan, he didn't get back to me, Hannah did. We have gone back and fourth with emails, this was her last email to me today-

*I am sorry about the inconvenience, it is a difficult serum to make but very effective.

Let the particles sediment rather than shaking the bottle.

Hannah*

Ok, can you believe she would send this back as an answer?? Mind you, I order a TON from them!! Even if I didn't, you don't ever just blow off a unhappy customer!!! I know when I make my OWN serum if there is grit something didn't dissolve properly. This doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure this out!!! I am completely amazed Hannah would send this email back to me and tell me to let the grit settle???!!!! WOW.

Trust me, you don't want to know what my response back to her was. It wasn't very nice-

So, if you are going to order from Skinactives, I wish you the best of luck if you are not satisfied with their products!!!

See less See more
#36 ·
for one SHE has a habit of trolling the forums to check on her reviews of her products if you ever checked out her blog you will see she really does think of herself quite highly lmaooo

she was once called out on her forum for her product not working she went BALLISTIC on the girl saying how she wasnt using it right and all her products work and how in demand she is in the skincare business ...she then deleted all the womans post......

really i mean the moment you have to answer a questionnaire about your profession to get on her forum should tell you this woman is a ego maniac she likes to ''vet'' people as she likes to ''school'' people

I work in skincare and have done all my life so once i started posting challenging questions to her and showing her evidence of why she should include certain actives she got hissy with me

She isnt one you can reason with its her way or the highway

#38 ·
I've read this on another forum too. For instance, being a little tyrant @University. Not very easy to have a give and take conversation with.

Really, how can you share knowledge with and learn from someone who won't entertain other points of view? And if your products aren't working for someone, why not explore why not, and suggest ways to help them work?

We don't get all huffy if our DIY C serum isn't working for someone!! Geez!

#39 ·
theres no reason for her to listen to find out why some products are working...your not understanding are you...perhaps its because your arent trained in skincare and dont have 1500 degrees on your wall ...until you reach that level of god like knowledge maybe then you will understand why not to question her

#40 ·
To me know matter how much you know, there is ALWAYS more to learn. Sure she may know and think she is the "best" at what she does. What she is missing is, the company who will be successful is the one who is open for suggestions and "wants" to learn and get more knowledge!! Not to mention the one who value their comstomers, and understands the importance of customer service!!

Nowadays Hannah can't afford to treat people the way she has in the past.

#44 ·
It's funny because NEVER, and I mean NEVER has Skinactives ever thrown in a sample of anything with any of my orders. This time when Jonatan sent my new serum he threw in a Alpha Beta Exfoliation Towel. Which..........they should be doing with EVERY ORDER!!!!! Costs them nothing, and you gain a ton!!

#47 ·
It is basically their AHA/BHA peel in a towel form. I have the AHA/BHA peel but I haven't tried this towel yet.

Honestly, I did order from Skinactives a lot, fawnie can vouch for that. And I did like many of their products. They did serve their purpose for me. But...... I WILL NOT be ordering from them anymore. Well......I won't say NEVER, because that always comes back to bite me. So, lets just say, I HOPE I will NEVER have to order from them again.

#51 ·
I have been using Matis Eyes and Lips recommended by Fawnie and its been keeping my eye area very hydrated and youthful looking, maybe you could give that a try? Also, Mad Hippie came out with their eye cream which has every possible breakthrough eye anti-aging ingredient out there all in one for 22 bucks. Sometimes I wonder though how it all works if they really do put that many highly effectively ingredients into one cream.

#52 ·
I have the Mad Hippie eye cream on its way. I need to ask Dana that question LnL. Exactly what % of each product is in their stuff. I have been meaning to do that then get side tracked on here-

I will look at the Matis Eyes, thank you!! Do you apply it in the AM or PM or whenever you feel necessary?

#56 ·
I don't see anything in that product that will do any good. It basically contains water, mineral oil, coconut oil, a couple different waxes (including mineral wax) and emulsifiers, hydrogenated oil, glycerin, chelating agents and paraben preservatives. Where's the good stuff, aside from a bit of coconut oil and glycerin?

And they're charging you $54 for .068 oz????

#57 ·
That product is deeply hydrating and takes care of my thinned skin around the eyes and lips. I was a bit skeptical when I first read about its ingredients but Fawnie posted a thorough and positive review about it around here and she doesnt lie about her experiences, I trusted her and purchased it (I've never used an eye cream) and I am satisfied with this. When it runs out, I'll give the Mad Hippie Eye Cream - which I still do not understand how their products can contain every single breakthrough actives all in one product, why dont we see that with other companies and do all those actives have the capability of working together or do they interfere with each other and cancel some out?

#58 ·
Good questions, LNL. It depends on the purpose of the actives, but they most likely don't cancel one another out. As to the number of ingredients -- it's probably more label appeal than anything else. Often times there may be several ingredients that do the same thing and all of them aren't necessary. I'd have to look at it more closely.

I have full confidence in fawnie and her reviews. I suspect the coconut and glycerin are the ingredients which are helping you. The rest is basically filler. I'm not saying the product isn't working. It's just a lot of fluff for a big price.

#59 ·
I like the Matis Eye Mask more as a barrier product to seal in the moisture. I use several products that have actives under it, so more actives isn't really that important for me. It really is the only thing I've found that I can carry in my bag and reapply over makeup to rehydrate during the day without smearing it. It isn't oily or heavy.

#61 ·
Ok for all of you that know, I am a HUGE fan of Skinactives. I have used their products for over a year now. I order LOTS of my DIY supplies from them as well. Even though they have had their issues of Hannah not being the most pleasant person, I have always continued to support and promote their products, until NOW!!!

I placed a rather large order ($250) about 2 weeks ago. One of the items in that order was Let's Make Collagen Serum. I opened it this week to use and it had loads of gritty stuff in it. Which sometimes this happens. I totally understand, as I make my own C serum and have the same problems at times. Anytime I have had grit or any issue with Skinactives they have been very helpful to correct the problem. This time, I sent an email to Jonatan, he didn't get back to me, Hannah did. We have gone back and fourth with emails, this was her last email to me today-

*I am sorry about the inconvenience, it is a difficult serum to make but very effective.

Let the particles sediment rather than shaking the bottle.

Hannah*

Ok, can you believe she would send this back as an answer?? Mind you, I order a TON from them!! Even if I didn't, you don't ever just blow off a unhappy customer!!! I know when I make my OWN serum if there is grit something didn't dissolve properly. This doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure this out!!! I am completely amazed Hannah would send this email back to me and tell me to let the grit settle???!!!! WOW.

Trust me, you don't want to know what my response back to her was. It wasn't very nice-

So, if you are going to order from Skinactives, I wish you the best of luck if you are not satisfied with their products!!! :storm:
oh dear.
do you still buy from them dear?
i just placed a $130 order

#63 ·
so far, the service i got was alright, i asked umpteen questions. they got a new trainee Dustin (who doesn't have his own email) to answer the questions.
They provided me with TCA strength and MAP % in the collagen serum/antioxidant. the products look good. will try.
if not, will make my own. will DIY cost more or less you think?

#64 ·
So how do you communicate with this Dustin? I always tried to deal with Jonathan when I could.

I'm confused, .........they have Collagen serum that contains TCA??

DIY is much cheaper than ready made products. Plus you control what ingredients you use.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.