Skin Care Talk banner

Nervous...how to lighten up in summer??

27K views 85 replies 17 participants last post by  lillyjill 
#1 ·
Hey!, I want to lighten up and look even and 2 shades lighter by mid June. I’ve never really “lightened” my face before what makes me more nervous is that it’s summer I’m afraid if I start lightening it might backfire since I’m gonna be outside almost every on the bus exposed to sunlight. I’m really nervous so any advice helps thanksss!!

#2 ·
2 shades in a month is not realistic unless you plan on using steroids... I don't even think a 4% hq cream will work that fast. You are better off exfoliating if you have a permatan and maintaining your skin tone by using a high zinc sunscreen then after the permatan is gone you can start introducing lightening agents.

#18 ·
Awwh, ok, That is a very low amount for zinc, if you are in a warm climate look for something with at least 15%. I won't use anything less than 8-10% in the winter as for summer I go as high as 20-24%. The higher the zinc the better protection. @BrightB93

#20 ·
@gymrat It's low but doesn't leave the awful white cast. Are there high zinc formulas that don't leave a bad white cast?

I've used babo and it has like 18% or so but it leaves a white cast. :(

I'm still looking.

I don't want to backpedal with my results.
Ya lower % of zinc won't have such a cast but also aren't providing much protection. Have you looked at Burnout Face/Body also check out Garden Goddess. Its nice, I only use it on my face, but will use Burnout on my body. @BrightB93

#42 ·
Put some vit c serum in the am, up the SAP, go hard on your regime and you'll be good to go.

I also recommend avoiding your regime in the mornings and just nights and days you dont have to go out. The creams, lotions, serums, retin make your skin very photosensitive and more susceptible to the mercy of the Sun.

#VampireforLife

#52 ·
Lightening two shades in a month is very possible without using steroids. Just avoid the sun and use your regimen religiously. I definitely lightened two shades in a month using my regimen, but I go to work early in the morning and by the time I get off work, its already evening and no sun. Just incorporate a lot of oils and shea butter into your regimen so your skin doesn't thin from exfoliating.

#83 ·
yes I was shocked when I reverted all the way back because two months is just a short period of time Esp when I lighten a lot. I moved around in the blazing hot sun for two months and plus I found out I was pregnant which I think the hormones could have accelerated my darker color back. so being preggos no SS no products I was bound to get darker in no time and it happen in two months. I'm not pregnant this present day. but I wanna say overall the sun exposure killed the hell out of my results smh

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.