~Daily Skin Lightening Thoughts~ - Page 89

Thread: ~Daily Skin Lightening Thoughts~

Quote Originally Posted by kweeny View Post
    Going back on jarrows too.i didn’t use it long enough to see any lightening on my skin but my lips were pink( did anyone else experience that?

Summers for me , I lay off lightening a bit because I usually re darken.this year is different, I haven’t darkened and my skin remains as bright.not much of sunlight so far where I live plus I have upped me sun protection game.
    @kweeny

Girl yes, my lips have remained pinker due to Jarrows and vitamin C. I love it.

Im starting MSM next month. I gotta get my funds up. Lol.
    Bleaching ain't a hobby, it's a way of life. Hidden Content

2. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

*photo removed*

I just wanted to show you guys where I started and where I’m at now.

The top two are inside (remember we’re darker inside) closest to where I started at a very permatanned dark/medium brown in the summer. I didn’t wear makeup back then so idk exactly what shade but you can gauge for yourself.

Bottom 2 are from today. In shade and in direct light.
    @gymrat can you please delete this in 24-48 hrs please and ty.

@BrightB93 that is quite a change, congrats. What do you think the shade of your skin permatanned skin was?

How long did this take? What was your regimen then and how it changed? Topically, orally, etc?

What do you find was most effective?

I've reduced my permatan as well but its been difficult to lighten those areas evenly

5. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

I was probably like NC 50. I know before I never wore makeup but one time got swatched and the sales associate told me I was NC50 during one summer either 2014 or 2015.

I’m an NW45 now. My skin isn’t bright even to go up a shade yet but I’m thinking soon it will be.

Quote Originally Posted by BrightB93 View Post
    I was probably like NC 50. I know before I never wore makeup but one time got swatched and the sales associate told me I was NC50 during one summer either 2014 or 2015.

I’m an NW45 now. My skin isn’t bright even to go up a shade yet but I’m thinking soon it will be.
    what are u using now ?

I'm having trouble removing permatan on arms. Can you tell me your regime? Products/methods used?

I have wrote on this thread what I’ve used.

Gng is so slow to move for me even when mixed now it just does not work like it used to shame shame. Maybe because I no longer use dodo. I’m a bit too scared to continue use of it because I have softer skin (aka thinner skin). I do not want permanent stretch marks or whatever else some others experienced with long term dodo use.

I just use kojic soap once a week and make sure to moisturize my skin very good. Maybe a couple of times a week or once I use my African black soap to wash really good. Yes it is a mild exfoliant. I use the liquid one in a bottle.

I recommend getting a moisturizing soap to use on off days. I just use whatever soap or body wash I have and moisturize with African Shea butter and omega 3 oil.

I have have a Gng mix that I rarely use but on my knees. I can’t tell if it is even working. (Yeah I know I said it didn’t work, but I had already bought it from my local beauty supply store—tisk tisk)

Ill try and gauge if it works or not and share what I find in July.

I am using supplementation as well. I take about 3-4K of vitamin C and since early May started using Jarrows Glutathione. Almost out but have enough to last me until my next shipment. Upping my dosage to 4x a day so I reach at least 1k absorption rate.

Drink a a glass of water each time I take my vitamins to get a minimum of 64 ounces.

I avoid the sun as much as possible, but it’s not too possible since I live in an area with hot climate. I use SPF Rx and it really helps prevent suntanning.

My goal is to get to a brighter tone close to Rihanna by October cause I’m trying to look cute.

I feel my skin still looks so dark at times but it’s because I have a warm undertone as opposed to cooler yellow/olive. And the sun is killing me too. The brightening has worked but I’ve yet to see a shade lighten.

I’m just happy I am maintaining.

Ive been a major lightener since late 2017 but I haven’t been doing this plan that long. I started the vitamin C 2 months ago.

I also take NAC 2-3x a day
    Last edited by BrightB93; 06-20-2019 at 12:22 AM.

I’m also tired of looking drastically darker inside that’s why I’m taking the route I am. I don’t like being superficially light and I’m done drying out my skin for light skin.

@BrightB93 I love your tone also you're so gorgeous!

Quote Originally Posted by BrightB93 View Post

You are totally gorgeous..

Started at about the same shade and now a solid NC 44.5 ( just matched)
    I started out not having a goal. I still don’t know what I want lol.
    While lightening tho , I have managed to change a few things.I grew my eyebrows thick, I wear kinky curly hair,lightened my lips. I naturally have a slightly narrow and pointy nose but then I got nose fillers

Safe to say I am a different person now 🤣😂

13. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements