Skin Care Talk banner

~Daily Skin Lightening Thoughts~

147K views 923 replies 70 participants last post by  aksoy511 
#1 ·
Since this forum is sometimes slow and the topics get repetitive I thought this would be a funny and new idea for us SCTers.

It might also start up new conversations.

So, post any skin lightening related thoughts here. :yess:

#844 ·
@PinoitNoir

Jarrows... 2x a day.
I’m looking into other brands longterm. So this bottle will last me about 2 weeks.
@flawlessBright
NC45 is medium brown... I’d like to be NC42/40. I’m a little sun tanned too as Pinot noir mentioned.
Funny thing is that I think this Mac shade is a bit orange, but only appears to be with my eyes.
Last fall/winter, I was about NW35/40. I think that’s a little lighter than my goal now, but I’m not trying to get ghastly pale again. It’d be too difficult during the summer. And I don’t like the pale look as much as I did.

#849 ·
I bought Jarrows brand—idk what kind that is, but I know some members had good results using it....

And the bottle contains 120 pills—thought it was only a 30 serving, so this will last me about 2 months.

#851 ·
@BrightB93 Yes, I've heard the same about Jarrows! I'm very tempted to try it. Keep up posted on how it works for you

Is that the only supplement you are using? If not, what else are you taking?
I take a few regularly. One for HSN (contains Biotin)...
I take NAC, hyaluronic acid, a vitamin C combo (contains other nutrients), and Zinc. I’m going to start taking MSM at some point.

#854 ·
Just started taking them all again, so I don’t know... I mainly take these for anti-aging minus the glutathione/vitamin c for skin benefits....
And taking multiple vitamins kind of makes it hard to tell them apart. When my skin looks better I’ll know it’s working. So in a few months I should be able to see a difference

#855 ·
Hiya guys,
I’m feeling very down about my skin. I’ve had these big dark patches around my eyes for about 3/4 years now. I used GG on my face back in 2015 and I think it was too strong and overexfoliated me to the point I developed dark circles around my eyes. On top of that I was as knowledgeable about the importance of sunscreen back then as I am now. Since then I’ve used carowhite cream which was a bad choice because i think I’m allergic to Hq, I used qei+, then carotein cream which both didn’t do much. During February and March this year I used retin a with ikb gel but it just made this area reddish so I stopped. I also tried timeless vit c serum for a couple of weaks and it did not lighten the area just made it look shiny/bright (which in my opinion emphasised the darkness).
I tried a bit of dodo lotion mixed with its oil and kojie acid serum and it lightened the patches a bit but it was uneven and I developed white dots - it just made me look bleachy. So I stopped.

I currently use dove beauty soap, aloe Vera gel and cetaphil to moisturise, and use Amlactin and kojie san 3 times a week. I started to take vitamin c (3000mg) and e (1200 iu) orally about 3 weeks ago.

I would like to know if there’s something I can use for my dark circles to make them lighter. I’m 19 currently in university, but instead of focusing on my studies, my skin problem has just made me very sad because I feel really ugly and insecure without makeup.

Please help me!!!!

#858 ·
Maybe you could try JUST moisturizering your face for a bit without any exfoliates to give your skin a chance to heal use Cerave or eucerin lotion because the have ceramides and some have urea to help with moisture and to rebuild skin barriers and other similars to help benefit your skin in general and make sure to get an eye cream or gel specifically for dark circles and put it all around your eyes that’s should help a lot because most of the time circles around or under your eyes comes from damaging of your skin from harsh products, thinning and most of all lack of moisture and eventually you could use a low percentage chemical exfoliate then lightener but always make sure you moisturize with a exfoliate or lightener

#856 ·
Ok, so right now I am taking 2-3 glutathione pills at 500MG. I always take one in the morning and one at night. Sometimes (if I can remember to) I take 3 pills a day.

I also Vitamin C tablets twice a day, morning and nightly. It is 900MG. I take NAC daily as well.

After I run out of Jarrows brand glutathione, I will probably try out Santeva Glow and Organic Skin Lightener of Glutathione. I need to do more research on these brands, but I am sure I will get Santeva Glow. OSL is endorsed by Blac Chyna and a few other wannabe celebs, so I am not sure if I really want to use this brand. Blac Chyna's skin does look to die for though.

#857 ·
I'm also cutting back on exfoliating, so I don't overdo it.

I made a new concoction. I just have to give it a little bit of time to see that it works. I'll get back with an update on this in about 3-4 weeks if it's going as planned.

#859 ·
Here is my current skintone:
I’m an NC45. Goal is to be around NC40ish or it’s warm equivalent. I’m not sure what that is anymore since my match has been switched around.

Im not super dark. I would like to be lighter looking inside though.

My arms are tanned... The summer’s here are hard even with sunscreen.

Hair Shoulder Brassiere Neck Joint

#866 ·
Here is my current skintone:
I’m an NC45. Goal is to be around NC40ish or it’s warm equivalent. I’m not sure what that is anymore since my match has been switched around.

Im not super dark. I would like to be lighter looking inside though.

My arms are tanned... The summer’s here are hard even with sunscreen.

View attachment 63801
@BrightB93 what race are you? It depends on your facial features alotif you fall under the lightskin or medium/brown skin category.
Your skin is really beautiful looking you look mixed latina. What was your starting shade?

#862 ·
So a couple days ago, I just started to notice a difference in my skin from supplementing with vitamin C.

Not much of a difference can be seen in skin tone, but the main difference I see is that of a gradual brightened and rejuvenated look to the skin.

I don’t think I’ll ever stop taking Vitamin C. It is a heaven sent.

I try and remain consistent and aim to take it 3x a day (1k) but I do forget or miss to take it at times, and aim to take it at least once in the morning and again before bed.

I cant wait to see what continued use can do for me over the course of the next 6 months!

#864 ·
I think it depends on where you are living in the world. If you are of afro descent, to me NC44 is caramel or "light medium". I consider caramel at NC44 on the darker end of "light skinned" spectrum.

I think if you tan during in the summer if you are naturally NC44 your skin tone can fall into the medium category.

#868 · (Edited)
I’ve upped my glutathione to 4x per day unless I miss a dose then it’s 3x per day.

Planning to drink orange juice daily as well (natural vit C source) soon.

Next month starting MSM 1,000 for week 1. Then increasing each week.

I have some more info to look up.

Hoping by August I will see a nice difference.

By October/November I plan to be at my goal. I have a really important event to go to and I want to be flawless and creamy for my photos.

Hoping to to pull off a bright red or deep blonde highlights in the fall.

#871 ·
I just got Jarrows for now since it’s a good amount of pills in the bottle... and it’s active form.

I probably will switch to something else though, as I’m still trying to gauge if liposomal (capsule form) or reduced (active) glutathione is better.

There are 2 other brands I really want to try.

#873 ·
Yeah, I’ve seen some forum members get results with Jarrows.

Im trying to take 4 doses per day or at least 3. That way if it’s only 20% absorption rate while taking four I will absorb 1k.

I just wonder if other other brands work better... I am already almost out of the first bottle. I’ll be buying another 1 shortly before I run out.

This Jarrows is the most cost effective and I want to take it for at least 3 months. If I don’t notice more results by then I want to switch.

#880 ·
Going back on jarrows too.i didn’t use it long enough to see any lightening on my skin but my lips were pink( did anyone else experience that?

Summers for me , I lay off lightening a bit because I usually re darken.this year is different, I haven’t darkened and my skin remains as bright.not much of sunlight so far where I live plus I have upped me sun protection game.