Skin Care Talk banner

hello! ~~diy progress thread~~

38K views 121 replies 14 participants last post by  Arewaa 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi .. I've been lightening on and off for years. I had real good results using carowhite with lactic acid, a lightening serum, lemon EO and carrot seed oil lol. I've been on here like 5 years ago but couldn't remember my username anymore :( so made a new acct. I have a lot of experience with this stuff..

I recently had a baby and got so dark, since I wasn't using anything. I decided I wanted to use something strong without direct HQ and to start making my own gel after seeing a recipe on MakingCosmetics. I used to think about creams and lotions, but gels are so much easier to make if all the ingredients mix in water. You just need some distilled water, this gelmaker additive and some preservative.

my trial recipe is:
8% alpha arbutin (powder)
10% niacinamide (powder)
10% skinwhite ascutin ( alphaarbutin, vit c and oatmeal peptide mix ) (liquid)

in future i will probably add lemon eo, mulberry root extract

i don't go outside until it's darker here (i live in the sunny south) to go in the pool. but using a zinc sunscreen too.

At night I'm using palmers skin fade + lactic acid occasionally, it's kind of hard for me to do things twice a day every day regularly lol.

i intend to update this thread though. right now though, i'm still waiting for the ingredients to come in. but i bathe with dr. somebody (i forget the name lol)'s skin lightening soap, it's pink, and alternate with the kojie san dream white .. the orange one is too strong for me

well, here it goes! lol. hey.

See less See more
#4 ·
I know. The AA and b3 are fine. I might scale back down the skinwhite to 5% since I've never used it before, but it is AA and vitamin C, nothing crazy like an acid or etc. These usage rates don't necessarily consider the fact that a person with darker skin needs higher concentrations in order to see results. 2% AA would be a joke for someone with my skintone.

#6 · (Edited)
Sooooooo update -- a lot of fooling around, a lot of money spent.

I waited to start around December, so it's been about 5 months of lightening. Right now (and what I ended up doing) I am doing 7% Alpha Arbutin + niacinamide + RA mix but it seems like it's working slow, and a carowhite and LA mix. I am seeing results but it's not fast at all. I'm also taking a glutathione powder supplement and pills along with MSM, Vitamin C, and milk thistle. I feel like I should see rapid lightening but I still see a dark undertone. So at times right now I can look a bright medium brown, but in other lighting dark-dark (that awkward phase...) I was SUPER DARK before because of hormones so I guess I'm not surprised it's taking a while.

I recently bought kojic acid and mequinol that I'm waiting to receive. I want to do Alpha Arbutin and Mequinol and another combo mix, but I'm not sure what yet. I only use a lightener once a day because it's too hard for me to do twice a day consistently.

#7 · (Edited)
Besides lightening overall tone, acne marks are gradually clearing pretty well. I had a baby and got horrible acne, so those are lightening up slowly but surely.

I guess as a summary I went from very dark chocolate to a caramel color in 4-5 months of consistent lightening once a day with supplements and rarely going outside. Once I get mequinol and kojic acid I'll be experimenting more.

#16 ·
Hi guys, I got the mequinol fairly quick.

It came as chunky crystals. It does have a smell, but not as bad as other people seemed to mention personally.
Steamed rice Food Dish Ingredient Cuisine

Like people mentioned in that old mequinol thread, it does absorb into the cream. I stirred heavily, let it sit, and stirred again, and it seems to have absorbed. I haven't put it on my skin yet. I will probably let it sit a few hours and stir again before using it. So I added it to the carowhite and some lactic acid. This is a small 10% 4 oz batch since I was skeptical if it'd absorb right into the cream like it did.

I don't think anyone has actually shown the mequinol but that's what it looks like.

#19 ·
DIY is def the way to go. Goodluck, can’t wait to see your results with mequinol
Thanks! I LOVE how easy it is to work with. Literally able to just dump it into whatever.

I am making a 20% strength for the body. 10% is strong for the face, it burned.

But, I'm not going to just use mequinol. I am using Kojic acid too soon so, yeah, I am doing a lot of things because I want to get very light without taking 2 years.

#24 · (Edited)
I made a 20% mix with tretinoin about 8 ounces. Took a while to dissolve and heavy stirring but it did after a few hours. So, I am only using this strength on my stomach down and back for now. It didn't really burn, at first it's just subtle tingling if that for me. But over time there's definitely a unique sensation that's hard to explain, but it feels like it's doing something. I think over time I will work to a higher percentage for my body that is very stubborn because it didn't burn at all.

From putting it on my body even the first few days I do think I notice a difference already on my face

#25 · (Edited)
Hello!
So an update 10 days later -- finished the first 20% Mq+RA batch. Got a ton of peeling on the legs and feet mostly, which is good. I think for the first few days there was some darkening and my face was patchy, but I am seeing a more golden tone come through for sure on the easier to lighten upper half. I am definitely lightening significantly! The lower half seems to be coming along.

20% doesn't burn at all on the body. I put it on the forehead and sides of my face (forehead burns and gets red, but goes back to normal). I used the 10% MQ+CW mix around my eyes. It does burn uncomfortably but goes away. I need it though.

I made a new batch accidentally of 20% MQ+RA+CW mix. I meant to just make another 20% MQ+RA. On to the next jar!

I am getting lightening on my hands though I don't really put anything on my hands. It may be the glutathione helping with that. I have a sneaky suspicion glutathione and MQ may work well together.

#27 ·
View attachment 63733

My hand .. haven't seen myself in natural light in a minute, and I was really surprised, I don't put any lighteners directly on the back of my hand. Indoors they are darker. Supplements (finally) at work? who knows..
can you please mention all the supplement you take please and how you like them?

i heard you mentioned you take gluta iv powder how do you like it.

wanna buy it but am undecided. Also how much does the 113g last you and are you talking it per tablespoon or teaspoon?

#29 ·
Yeah I've considered that too, if glutathione only converted dark melanin to light. It's supposed to also help inhibit melanin production though so I think it's still worthwhile having them working together, and eventually I won't be using HQ/melanin killing things. Since glutathione takes so long to work I'd rather start now anyway.

#33 ·
@whitemermaid - what kind of glutathione pills are you taking?

I have acetyl glutathione and glutathione reduced and thinking of taking 4-5 acetyl pills daily (100mg) each with regular reduced glutathione (like 1g -3g daily) and see what happens
Hey :)

It's been a mix. I was taking acetyl gluathione at first maybe 600mg a day, then I got the Santeva pills that were about 750mg each. Now I'm taking regular L-glutathione that's cheaper but I am considering the glutathione suppositories eventually since it will be like IV but cheaper. The Santeva pills for their price I might as well be doing the glutathione suppositories

#34 ·
Was the 600mg a day of Acetyl enough to start to see a change and induce lightening?

@whitemermaid @masa - I saw Stephanie's You Tube Channel and she was talking about Naturalistics GlutaVitc powder and recommends it- what did you guys think of it?

here are the ingredients on the website: Glutathione (Reduced), Cholesterol, Carbohydrate, Dietary Fiber, Sugars, Protein, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Vitamin E, Thiamin, Riboflavin (Vitamin B2), Niacin, Vitamin B6, Folic Acid, Vitamin B12, Biotin, Pantothenic Acid, Calcium, Iodine, Magnesium, Zinc, Selenium, Copper, Manganese, Molybdenum, Sodium, Potassium (from whey protein, potassium citrate, potassium iodide), Whey Protein (milk), Malic Acid, Betaine, Inositol, Inulin (from chicory root), Taurine, Glycine, L-Tyrosine, N-Acetylcysteine (NAC), L-Serine, Rutin (Sophora japonica) Flower Bud Extract, Stevia (Stevia rebaudiana) Leaf Extract, Sweet Cherry (Prunus avium) Fruit, Cranberry (Vaccinium macrocarpon) Fruit, Bilberry (Vaccinium myrtillus) Fruit Extract, Boron, Lutein (from Aztec marigold), Zeaxanthin 75. Other Ingredients: soy lecithin, natural apple flavor with other natural flavors, natural mixed berry flavor with other natural flavors, natural strawberry flavor with other natural flavors, natural raspberry flavor with other natural flavors, red radish (color), xanthan gum, monoammonium glycyrrhizinate.

#35 ·
Was the 600mg a day of Acetyl enough to start to see a change and induce lightening?

@whitemermaid @masa - I saw Stephanie's You Tube Channel and she was talking about Naturalistics GlutaVitc powder and recommends it- what did you guys think of it?

here are the ingredients on the website: Glutathione (Reduced), Cholesterol, Carbohydrate, Dietary Fiber, Sugars, Protein, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Vitamin E, Thiamin, Riboflavin (Vitamin B2), Niacin, Vitamin B6, Folic Acid, Vitamin B12, Biotin, Pantothenic Acid, Calcium, Iodine, Magnesium, Zinc, Selenium, Copper, Manganese, Molybdenum, Sodium, Potassium (from whey protein, potassium citrate, potassium iodide), Whey Protein (milk), Malic Acid, Betaine, Inositol, Inulin (from chicory root), Taurine, Glycine, L-Tyrosine, N-Acetylcysteine (NAC), L-Serine, Rutin (Sophora japonica) Flower Bud Extract, Stevia (Stevia rebaudiana) Leaf Extract, Sweet Cherry (Prunus avium) Fruit, Cranberry (Vaccinium macrocarpon) Fruit, Bilberry (Vaccinium myrtillus) Fruit Extract, Boron, Lutein (from Aztec marigold), Zeaxanthin 75. Other Ingredients: soy lecithin, natural apple flavor with other natural flavors, natural mixed berry flavor with other natural flavors, natural strawberry flavor with other natural flavors, natural raspberry flavor with other natural flavors, red radish (color), xanthan gum, monoammonium glycyrrhizinate.

I as windering as well. But I wanted to hear some success stories from here before buying.

#37 · (Edited)
@masa @whitemermaid

I think I will buy it and see. I don't usually like to jump into buying something like that but its 39.99 for 113g - I think she said that was a months supply right?

I don't think that is a bad price - I might do an experiment with this and the acetyl and see what happens over the course of two months at least or more. I really want to see if its possible lighten significantly internally without IVs. I'm only interested in evening my knees and elbows, brightening and maybe going down a couple of shades.

#40 · (Edited)
@whitemermaid

you are completely right. A real experiment is 6 months, I agree. It's not cheap though.

I'm not sure how much to use! I've heard varying things. From what I understand, you need to flood the body with tons of glutathione to in order to produced the side effect of lightening. Not sure what is enough. I've heard like to take at least 3-6 grams daily (but I don't know if that from Acetyl or not). I was thinking taking of like 10x100mg pills a day along with 3000 vitamin C and 2 grams of some glutathione reduced I have to start.

I'm not sure if this still enough though to illicit effects. Maybe I should just use the Acetyl Glutathione and VitC pills only? Not sure.

I may order the GlutaVitC later on to add to that. The supply of acetyl Glutathione will only last a couple of weeks but then i'll combine it with the Naturalistic GlutaVitC powder.

Not sure if I should reorder the Acetyl Gluta pills or just stick with the Naturalistic GlutaVitc powder to see if that product works specifically or just reorder the Acetyl Glutathione pills and just take as much a possible. Stephanie did say she wasn't taking Naturalistics on its own -she was taking it with an IV.

I might message Stephanie's YT channel and she how much she uses. I think she said like 5-6 grams a day?

@masa I will. I'm just trying to figure out the dosages. I think I will need to consume a lot more than I think I need. What do you guys think?

#41 ·
@whitemermaid

you are completely right. A real experiment is 6 months, I agree. It's not cheap though.

I'm not sure how much to use! I've heard varying things. From what I understand, you need to flood the body with tons of glutathione to in order to produced the side effect of lightening. Not sure what is enough. I've heard like to take at least 3-6 grams daily (but I don't know if that from Acetyl or not). I was thinking taking of like 10x100mg pills a day along with 3000 vitamin C and 2 grams of some glutathione reduced I have to start.

I'm not sure if this still enough though to illicit effects. Maybe I should just use the Acetyl Glutathione and VitC pills only? Not sure.

I may order the GlutaVitC later on to add to that. The supply of acetyl Glutathione will only last a couple of weeks but then i'll combine it with the Naturalistic GlutaVitC powder.

Not sure if I should reorder the Acetyl Gluta pills or just stick with the Naturalistic GlutaVitc powder to see if that product works specifically or just reorder the Acetyl Glutathione pills and just take as much a possible. Stephanie did say she wasn't taking Naturalistics on its own -she was taking it with an IV.

I might message Stephanie's YT channel and she how much she uses. I think she said like 5-6 grams a day?

@masa I will. I'm just trying to figure out the dosages. I think I will need to consume a lot more than I think I need. What do you guys think?
She take one tablespoon a day.

I have decided to use to use it too and give it like 6 months.

but I will be starting within three months maybe or sooner not sure yet.

I like Stephanie. She seems very honest and not misleading.

#46 · (Edited)
@masa @whitemermaid

I saw her photo (a screenshot of her video on YT) on the naturalistics FB page and posted a message on her video asking if she was being compensated or getting the powder free. I want to know if this is a real endorsement or if it's just marketing again and it's really the IV doing all the work rather than the powder/pills.

Stephanie GorgeousLibraGoddess' YouTube Channel is pretty good at getting back a people on her channel so I will see what she says.

#47 ·
I have been thinking about that too. Someone even asked her if this is her company.

amazingly she didn’t reply those comments. Nowadays people will do anything to promote their products. She probably knows the owner and is promoting her products.

even on their website the girl before and after they are using used IV to get to that shade.

I follow on on insta. The thing is I have wasted so much money in this skin lightening game I am so done with wasting money I just want something legit.

#48 ·
I have been thinking about that too. Someone even asked her if this is her company.

amazingly she didn’t reply those comments. Nowadays people will do anything to promote their products. She probably knows the owner and is promoting her products.

even on their website the girl before and after they are using used IV to get to that shade.

I follow on on insta. The thing is I have wasted so much money in this skin lightening game I am so done with wasting money I just want something legit.
@PinotNoir @masa this is marketing at its best!! You guys are much smarter than to think this will be the game changer for you.....I just happened to read your posts then me being me, decided to check the site you mention ......what a scam, DO NOT purchase this, I died laughing when I read this part.......:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao: (not to mention......please tell me the definition of "aheed"?)

NOTE PLEASE AHEED: In order to see results in three weeks it is recommend to take a break from Alcohol, and once resumed stick to red wine, good grade champagnes, and quality beer. Alcohol ( i.e. liquor, malt liquor, malt beer etc.) is very harsh on the body and depletes glutathione levels rapidly and excessive drinking of alcohol ( i.e. liquor) speeds up aging and causes dull skin. Smoking Cigarettes and Cigars also slow down the glutathione process; by quickly using up glutathione as well. Continued levels of depletion is what results in liver, lung, or other health issues in some consumers later in life. Glutahthione is the mother antioxidant and keeps out body clean, health, young, and flawless!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.