hello! ~~diy progress thread~~
Page 1 of 13 1 2 11 Last

Thread: hello! ~~diy progress thread~~

hello! ~~diy progress thread~~

Hi .. I've been lightening on and off for years. I had real good results using carowhite with lactic acid, a lightening serum, lemon EO and carrot seed oil lol. I've been on here like 5 years ago but couldn't remember my username anymore so made a new acct. I have a lot of experience with this stuff..

I recently had a baby and got so dark, since I wasn't using anything. I decided I wanted to use something strong without direct HQ and to start making my own gel after seeing a recipe on MakingCosmetics. I used to think about creams and lotions, but gels are so much easier to make if all the ingredients mix in water. You just need some distilled water, this gelmaker additive and some preservative.

my trial recipe is:
    8% alpha arbutin (powder)
    10% niacinamide (powder)
    10% skinwhite ascutin ( alphaarbutin, vit c and oatmeal peptide mix ) (liquid)

in future i will probably add lemon eo, mulberry root extract

i don't go outside until it's darker here (i live in the sunny south) to go in the pool. but using a zinc sunscreen too.

At night I'm using palmers skin fade + lactic acid occasionally, it's kind of hard for me to do things twice a day every day regularly lol.

i intend to update this thread though. right now though, i'm still waiting for the ingredients to come in. but i bathe with dr. somebody (i forget the name lol)'s skin lightening soap, it's pink, and alternate with the kojie san dream white .. the orange one is too strong for me

well, here it goes! lol. hey.
    Last edited by whitemermaid; 07-12-2018 at 09:41 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

IMG_0555.jpg
    starting shade

Watch your usage rates. Typical concentration for B3 is 1-6%, Alpha Arbutin 0.2%-2%, and SkinWhite is 1-5%
    -Our attitude toward life determines life's attitude towards us-

5. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

I know. The AA and b3 are fine. I might scale back down the skinwhite to 5% since I've never used it before, but it is AA and vitamin C, nothing crazy like an acid or etc. These usage rates don't necessarily consider the fact that a person with darker skin needs higher concentrations in order to see results. 2% AA would be a joke for someone with my skintone.

I am going to be trying now

10% b3
    8% aa
    5% skinwhite ascutin
    5% NAG

Sooooooo update -- a lot of fooling around, a lot of money spent.

I waited to start around December, so it's been about 5 months of lightening. Right now (and what I ended up doing) I am doing 7% Alpha Arbutin + niacinamide + RA mix but it seems like it's working slow, and a carowhite and LA mix. I am seeing results but it's not fast at all. I'm also taking a glutathione powder supplement and pills along with MSM, Vitamin C, and milk thistle. I feel like I should see rapid lightening but I still see a dark undertone. So at times right now I can look a bright medium brown, but in other lighting dark-dark (that awkward phase...) I was SUPER DARK before because of hormones so I guess I'm not surprised it's taking a while.

I recently bought kojic acid and mequinol that I'm waiting to receive. I want to do Alpha Arbutin and Mequinol and another combo mix, but I'm not sure what yet. I only use a lightener once a day because it's too hard for me to do twice a day consistently.
    Last edited by whitemermaid; 04-10-2019 at 08:16 AM.

Besides lightening overall tone, acne marks are gradually clearing pretty well. I had a baby and got horrible acne, so those are lightening up slowly but surely.

I guess as a summary I went from very dark chocolate to a caramel color in 4-5 months of consistent lightening once a day with supplements and rarely going outside. Once I get mequinol and kojic acid I'll be experimenting more.
    Last edited by whitemermaid; 04-10-2019 at 08:30 AM.

Slow and steady wins the race. Don’t give up.

Quote Originally Posted by whitemermaid View Post
    Besides lightening overall tone, acne marks are gradually clearing pretty well. I had a baby and got horrible acne, so those are lightening up slowly but surely.

I guess as a summary I went from very dark chocolate to a caramel color in 4-5 months of consistent lightening once a day with supplements and rarely going outside. Once I get mequinol and kojic acid I'll be experimenting more.
    Can u share your Mequinol source?

13. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements