Skin Care Talk banner

acne on face, neck, chest and all over my back; Help!

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Chilufya 
#1 ·
Hello,
I need help with what I suspect to be hormonal acne. I have always had acne prone skin since my teens but it started clearing when i got into my 20s. About two years ago I had a terrible break out on my jaw, neck, chest an back which hasn't really cleared.Now I get breakouts often which have left my back, chest and lower face covered in dark marks. I have tried going back to creams that I have used in the past but nothing seems to work. I have avoided products that could potentially lighten me because I don't want to escalate the situation .
I am open to any recommendations at this point because I don't know how to manage my skin at this point.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Haven't see you posting in a very long time!! Welcome back :wavey:you had a thread started a few years ago, but my advice still remains the same, but I will also add, if you can find Neutrogena Body Clear Body Wash, with 2% salicylic acid this will help. Also if your still using Tea Tree Oil, stop, it will only aggravate things. The other thing I recommend for the body is Head & Shoulders, use it like you would body wash. The zinc pyrithione in Head N Shoulders kills bacteria, therefore, its GREAT for body acne. Just a few things to try, and read through your previous thread you might see a few other things. But do try the body wash, I truly believe it will help you a ton!!

https://www.skincaretalk.com/showthread.php/40639-Just-about-giving-up!Help!

#3 ·
Hi gymrat,
Thank you for your response. It has been a long time since I posted on here;for a while I thought I had finally found a solution to my acne but then I started breaking out again. It could be the tea tree maybe,I have consistently used since I last posted on here. I did use the Neutrogena body clear wash and it did help,I just haven't found it in any of the Pharmacies here. I will have to order online. Are there supplements and cream that you can recommend for me to use the wash? And also, did you mean the Head and Shoulders shampoo?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.